FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Question about something..

Diablosblizz
Hi, I am running a radio server called Tha-Radio (may be a gay name). My server (and DJ's) are not 24/7. When the server is down (radio server that is) the browser shows its own error 404 page. What I was wondering, is that if it was possible to show a custom page if the radio server cannot be found.

I hope you understand!

Thanks for the support!
wumingsden
Diablosblizz wrote:
Hi, I am running a radio server called Tha-Radio (may be a gay name). My server (and DJ's) are not 24/7. When the server is down (radio server that is) the browser shows its own error 404 page. What I was wondering, is that if it was possible to show a custom page if the radio server cannot be found.

I hope you understand!

Thanks for the support!

create a .htaccess file in the root of your site with the following:

Code:
ErrorDocument 404 http://www.yoursite.frih.net/404page.html

The page 404page.html is your new customised page, although you can call it whatever you wish. Note that the page has to be above a certain size for the default not to be used - i have forgotten the exact amount, but Mr. Google is everyone's friend Wink
ChrisCh
wumingsden wrote:
Note that the page has to be above a certain size for the default not to be used - i have forgotten the exact amount

For Internet Explorer it's 512 bytes Smile Firefox doesn't appear to have a minimum size, so it will show any error pages, as long as they exist Smile