FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

holliday

eliasr
holliday feature button

well i havn't seen one.

as you see, if you see it now . 29/11/2006 kl. 23:20 gmt+1 then do i got a pretty big - point

it's because i work pretty hard the most of my time, for school, and friends.

well, my suggestions did came up by this, i havn't found a holliday button or seen any topics related to it

when its in holiday mode, the site is unacces able, by this, you got more bandweidth and the points will fall a bit slower.

but , the bad thing on this is, that its still is useing HD space, and Frihost wont gain much if it's not visited a lot -

so, thats why it just should be a little less on the points, so that the account still willl have to be visited

so don't think you will apply this, but, I wrote it so you could have an idea about it, and decide something from it, if you agree in that it can be usefull.
ocalhoun
So you're saying that there should be a button that allows you to make your websites off line, while slowing or stopping the reduction of points?

If so, what's the point? That (sans the stopping of point flow) is what will happen if you just let it run out, right? Personally, I would never use it because the members of my sites would still need to log in weather I was on holiday or not.
I have suggested a fix to help people who will be offline for a while myself, but it was rejected. (Higher maximum points) Right now, the only solution is not to be offline for more than 65 days.
LukeakaDanish
Whereas the idea is OKish, I don't really think it is necessary: the 65 days (plus more if you ask nicely, I'm sure), should be plenty.

If you REALLY have a problem keeping your points above 0, why don't you try sharing your forum-account with someone else.

(as far as I remember the rules don't disallow this, but please prove me wrong)
Animal
LukeakaDanish wrote:
If you REALLY have a problem keeping your points above 0, why don't you try sharing your forum-account with someone else.

(as far as I remember the rules don't disallow this, but please prove me wrong)

You're not allowed to share a forum account on Frihost.

The holiday function would not work - any requests for "holiday time" would mean that one of the account creation team had to manually suspend your account and change your usergroup on the forum - this would take quite a lot of time on our part, and would result in even longer waiting times for new users to get their accounts. It's been discussed before, but we won't be implementing a holiday feature on Frihost.

If you know that you're going to be away for a long period of time, step up your posts a little and bring your points up. Then make a backup of your account - that way, if your account is removed due to inactivity, you'll simply be able to re-request the account and put your site back online. IMO, this is a better way to do it because your site won't be offline for as long. The only drawback compared to your original suggestion is thatyou will need to wait in the queue for a new account - it won't be automatically re-enabled for you.