FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Have you already been to the Philippines?

charlo_blade123
well i know it may not be a popular country, but just want to know who have been to the philippines already? what place you like the most? or what places in the philippines have you been?
vinx_18
charlo_blade123 wrote:
well i know it may not be a popular country, but just want to know who have been to the philippines already? what place you like the most? or what places in the philippines have you been?

Are you a Filipino?

I am a proud Filipino. Right now, our city is gonna hold a great event, ASEAN SUMMIT...december 11-14, 2006. Our country is great, full of tourists spots, hospitable people, nice mix culture, tasty foods as well.
mceejaydee
I love the Philippines. I'm a proud filipino and yes i've been to the Phillipines about 5 times already. The culture, the food, the women heheh Very Happy. I've been to Bagiou(sp?), Manila and Pangasinan. One day I might move to the Philippines when I grow up.
cybernie
i am a filipino... yeah, there are lots of good places in the philippines. there are many historical sites here like the famous magellan landing site and the place where gen. mcarthur fulfilled his "i shall return" promise. there are good surfinhg sites here also and beautiful beaches. try to come here and see what our country has to offer.
darvit
I've been seeing so many Philippine-related threads around here... Laughing

I was born and raised there, and I love it to bits. The thing about developing countries is that the gap between the rich and the poor is growing wider each moment, and so in countries like the Philippines, you would be able to see the extreme sides of the social spectrum: the rich are über-rich and glamorous, while the poor are in such terrible sub-poverty-stricken conditions. Crying or Very sad

On a brighter note, shopping malls over there are so much better [waaay better than the malls over here!]Dancing , the beaches are amazing [I mean 7,107 islands?! there's a lot of the islands to love!], the uses of cellphones are just amazing [and waaay advanced that what we have here--well Nokia isn't popular here in the US Sad], the people are very resourceful and talented... If you want to go shopping, go to the Philippines because everything's so much cheaper in there. The clothes are terrific [of course, the branded items are almost all "Made in the Philippines"] and relatively inexpensive at the same time. There is just so much talent and so much potential in that country, it's just brilliant. A pity that a bunch of storms have hit the Philippines lately. The stupid Weather Channel identified a footage of some obscure rural area as "Manila, Philippines"! No wonder foreigners think that we're so backwards that we don't even have a McDonald's or Starbucks in there [which is quite the opposite, in fact]! Mad Stupid media. Rolling Eyes
charlo_blade123
yes im a filipino.. and im proud of it..

in regards with the tourist spots, yes, there are plenty of beautiful spots here that you'll absolutely adore..

mceejaydee, so ur a filipino? what country are you in as of now?

darvit Thanks for your wonderful comments.. and yes, there's alot of malls here.. and the largest mall in ASIA is also located in philippines.. i think everyone have cellphones here despite of social status..
and there's a lot of Mc donalds (hmm.. Yumm My favorate fastfood) and Startbucks here..

ALSO UPDATE:::

The Famous "CAGSAWA RUINS in ALBAY" Had already been covered with Mad Flows just last week because of the Super Thyphoon Kerning..

Thanks!
Captain Fertile
Sadly never been to the Philippines.

Not really a place I have even thought about visiting but I would certainly happily visit there to taste the culture.

Regards
The Captain
Alias
Hello guys! I live in Philippines, the nature is great, the climate is good and the people are friendly here. So you guys must go here in the Philippines. Where else do you find people selling quail's eggs, hardboiled eggs, balut, chicharon, green mango with bagoong, salted peanuts and cigarettes and roses all in just one traffic stop? Only in the Philippines.
RT Cunningham
I'm a white guy living in the Philippines, in Olongapo City. My wife is a Filipina, we've been married almost 22 years. I moved here in April 2006. My son is going to college at the old naval base.
jayrelle
alias and charlo! Im from the Philippines too...
Which place? Im from bacolod. Twisted Evil
monzoncf
oh my God! Theres so many Filipinos here. How long you've been here (in Frihost)?
I'm from Philippines too. From Cavite.
Yes! They're all right! There's so many beautiful spot in the Philippines. Lot of beaches too and surfing Spots. But unfortunately, the Philippines was destructed by a typhoon last week. The Cagsawa ruins, I've been there. Im originally from Bicol Province.
Ghost Rider103
I have never been there before, but I heard it was a nice place to visitand that they have good food.

I have never had Philly food before. I really only like American and Italian food. I dont like Mexican food, or Chinese food.

Chinese food just taste to weird and tangy to me, and I dont know why I dont perfer Mexican food, I guess it's because they usually have lots of vegetables in their foods or something, but I really dont know.
zuskata
NO and no intention to go! Laughing Laughing Laughing
mstreet
I've never been to the Philippines. I always have wanted to travel there though. I love Philippino food as well. I've only been to Europe, UK, US and most of Canada
jayrelle
monzoncf wrote:
oh my God! Theres so many Filipinos here. How long you've been here (in Frihost)?
I'm from Philippines too. From Cavite.
Yes! They're all right! There's so many beautiful spot in the Philippines. Lot of beaches too and surfing Spots. But unfortunately, the Philippines was destructed by a typhoon last week. The Cagsawa ruins, I've been there. Im originally from Bicol Province.

OH, really? my cousin lives in bicol..She said that bicol is a nice place but its a bit sad because that place is often hit by storms/typhoon..Im from bacolod..and I have an uncle who is living in cavite.. Wink
Alias
Ghost Rider103 wrote:
I have never been there before, but I heard it was a nice place to visitand that they have good food.

I have never had Philly food before. I really only like American and Italian food. I dont like Mexican food, or Chinese food.

Chinese food just taste to weird and tangy to me, and I dont know why I dont perfer Mexican food, I guess it's because they usually have lots of vegetables in their foods or something, but I really dont know.

Hey! Philly Foods are great. If you taste it even a little you will forget how to go back from where you came from! Laughing

Just one thing philly foods are a little dirty but its freaking delicious you should try to taste it.

jayrelle wrote:
alias and charlo! Im from the Philippines too...
Which place? Im from bacolod. Twisted Evil

Well I'm from Bulacan... hehe! Nice meeting you dude! Cool

I wish that we filipinos here in frihost could have our own language forum.
guugu
would be nice place to visit... aint hapening at nearfuture im afraid :<
ryuchix
philippines is a nice place. im not saying it because i'm a Filipino. tourists never regret everytime they visit our country. its worth it.
rekluzz
I visited the Philippines once on a trip throughout Asia. It's a beautiful country with friendly people. I toured most of the larger islands. I started in Luzon and did a circle tour of the islands that took me through Masbate, Cebu, Guimaras, Negros, and Mindoro.
I have many fond memories of my 2 months there. The rice terraces were worth the rough bus trip north to get there, and we had some adventures with crooked gamblers in Bagio who tried to rip me off unsuccessfully. I took the train from Manila to Naga, but the train broke down half way and we had to walk to the next nearest town through the rain forest. I stayed with a family in Guimaras who owned a mango plantation and helped with the mango harvest. I can still taste those delicious mangoes when I think of that time!
The food was delicious everywhere I went and I was present at a jeepney christening and enjoyed quite the feast with a huge lechon served up. I really grew to enjoy drinking tuba in the small towns I visited, and with the heat I also enjoyed the San Miguel. The only thing that I passed on were all the baluts that were offered to me. No Thank you! Laughing
I hope I get a chance to visit there again in the future.
GSIS
I stayed in Cagayan d'Oro for about three months, then Manila for about another three months. I'm not really a city-lover so I preferred Cagayan.

Fantastic country and lovely people. Don't miss any opportunity to visit!

Some of the food's a little odd, though. Spaghetti and ice-cream together? Confused Actually it's much tastier than it sounds. Laughing

I'll always remember helping with a Crown-of-Thorns starfish cleanup out of a dive resort near Cagayan. At the end of the day we were given a huge open-air feast all eaten off banana leaves with our fingers. One guy said to me "I suppose you think this is really uncivilised."

"Far from it," I replied. "We've just done something really worthwhile. I've enjoyed some of the best diving I'm ever likely to in my life and we're sharing a fantastic meal in really good company. We're using bio-degradeable plates so nothing was dug out of the ground to make the crockery - and there's no washing up. We're not using metal cutlery so nothing was wasted making that. I'd say this is far more civilised than any meal I'm ever likely to eat in the West. We have a lot to learn over there!"
poly
I haven't been there but would love to go!
jwellsy
RT Cunningham wrote:
I'm a white guy living in the Philippines, in Olongapo City. My wife is a Filipina, we've been married almost 22 years. I moved here in April 2006. My son is going to college at the old naval base.

Dang, RT that sounds awesome.
Did you have to get a visa or just use a passport?
How many bars are there in Olongapo now?
Even after 22 years have you been able to try balute?
marixworld
Am a Filipino too...

I'm from cebu though as of the present, am studying in Dumagete, just a neighboring city of Cebu. I love this two cities, Cebu being highly developed with lots of historical tourist attractions. Dumaguete on the other hand, is a very nice place, known as the city of gentle people, wow!, a perfect place to relax and spend the rest of your life, you can go to the beach (with numerous beaches in the neighboring towns), go on mountain climbing or explore Negros' wonderful caves. i should say, i'm proud to be a filipino (if only not for those stupid politicians).
illegalhost
Haha. Yes, personally it maybe unfortunate for the people of the world to know only of the politics of the phillipines! Much of the tourism of phillipines are not even advertised!! Maybe something has to be done for more tourists to visit the country. I hope to visit one day too. But politics made it difficult and give impression that the country not very safe to travel. Maybe someday more people can visit the country and tell more people about this wonderful people and the beautiful beaches they have.