FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Re-evaluating Nintendo's Wii advertisements.

Do you think Nintendo's plan to delay advertisements until after the Wii's launch was a good idea?
Yes
100%
 100%  [ 4 ]
No
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 4

QrafTee
I said earlier that the Wii wasn't being advertised earlier enough by Nintendo. And although it's technically true, the time they actually chose to advertise the Wii seems to be an intelligent move on Nintendo's end. First, even without advertisements prior, the Wii sold out and I can't even find one now.

Second, after launch the ads start so all non-gamers and uninformed gamers head out to buy the newest shipments as they come. Quite incredible and cost efficient, I must say. However, I am still unhappy I am without a Wii still...
Loghete
I haven't seen a single Wii ad yet...
Whong
Loghete wrote:
I haven't seen a single Wii ad yet...

Me neither, but Nintendo is wise in first waiting to see if advertising is really necessary. Wii will sell anyway really good so advertising might be just a waste of money!

Idea
TheCrimsonGriff
Quote:
Me neither, but Nintendo is wise in first waiting to see if advertising is really necessary. Wii will sell anyway really good so advertising might be just a waste of money!

Personaly I think you are spot on with that because the Nintendo Wii gets all the advertisement it needs from the hype. Advertising it will only boost the hype and that could be a bad idea if they dont bring in alot of sales because the Wii is going Very cheeply compaired with Sonys PS3 and Microsofts Xbox360.
william
I've seen a couple Wii advertisements here, in the United States. The ads are not bad, they're actually pretty good. These advertisements will help them a lot as they are using much of the content found on their website, which really helped. Anyhow, I think Nintendo made the right decision,. I, too, still don't own a Wii but I plan to buy one in a few months.
Studio Madcrow
It was a GREAT idea to keep advertising limited until the launch. Most people don't buy game systems based on ads, but rather based on reviews, show reports, etc. Game system ads only tend to annoy people. Plus, even without the ads, the Wii is vastly outselling the PS3 and X360 (according to a friend who works at Best Buy, a big US electronics store)