FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!


World of War Craft, or Guildwars?





looseballs
Which is better, WOW, or Guildwars. I personally think Guildwars is, because there is no worlds, just 1, and so monthly fees. And then you can buy the HUGE expansions. I havent played either, just wondering which to buy.
INeedHelp
I have played WoW, and let me tell you, it is simply amazing. Yes, the $15 dollar fee is a bit hefty, but the experience is pretty awesome. Guild Wars isn't really a TRUE MMO. You get to talk to a bunch of people in the town, but when you go off to do battle with monsters you can only have so many in your party (From what I have heard). It is $49.99 for Guild Wars, and is $19.99 for WoW (Plus the online fees).
eLto
This is a matter of personal preference. If you like the good, realistic graphics, and no monthly fees, you play Guild Wars.

If you like the hugeness, and Blizzard feel of WoW, play that.

Actually, I played both for a while. I tended to play guild wars more, for various reasons. for one, the community isn't filled up with ex-counter strike gamers, and flamers. So I prefer Guildwars, simply because the people in there are nice people, unlike the majority of the WoW community.
Sergiy
I play Guild Wars 1 day and this game is realy boooooooring
I buy WOW last year but never play because I don't pay for month fee Laughing
eLto
WoW is like the Hollywood of online gaming. Everyone wants to be a part of it, but some just don't, because they realise it's not all that.
looseballs
iv heard awsome things about guildwars, but nobody around my area, even the players really talk about WoW, when asked, the said, yea, its fun, but that was about it. Guildwars, even though very few people in my area play it, is a totally different story Everybody loves that it seems. Huh, i dont know which to get, i think ill probably go with guildwars.
poland21489
WoW is AMAZING, if you can come up with the $15 monthly fee. It is massive and full of character. On the other hand, Guild Wars is somewhat less attractive, but it is free. So, if you're fairly hardcore and have the time and money to devote to the game, I would highly recommend WoW. However, if you are a very casual player, Guild Wars might be a better bet. As the other poster said, it's a matter of personal preference
Codeman1
I have to agree Wow is good but I to dont like to pay $15 doallars a month on the other hand guild wars is good to and theres no monthly fee alot of parents dont le there kids play wow because of monthly fee inolving credit card.
Mazv986
I have played both games and I have to say there is no comparison. Besides the fact that WOW is a much better game it is, in my opinion, just has a better online community and the expansion is only gonna help it get better.
darth_revan
World of Warcraft is better than Guild Wars. But you all should try Everquest. It's better than World of Warcraft
INeedHelp
Isn't Everquest kind of a dying community? I played for a spell back in the day, and it didn't really capture me like WoW did. Ultima Online had to be simply the best MMO ever. I mean you could buy a friggin castle...How cool is that?
Alias
I like World of Warcraft than GuildWars its because a lot of my friends use to play World of Warcraft.
fiorello
I wish i have money to play WOW but i dont have so definitely Guild wars. Its cheap and good.
NeoValkyrion
In terms of gameplay, World of Warcraft is in every way superior to Guild Wars. I'd recommend the latter only if you're unable to pay a monthly fee in order to play WoW.

But WoW is still an MMO, and it's up to the mighty people at Blizzard to keep it interesting with each patch.

Warhammer Online can't get here soon enough.
prym3r
As simple as this :

If u want a game that lasts maximum 2 weeks, go GW.
If U want a game for several months.... and months, go WoW.
thegregmann
wow is the best the fee is chump change i spend more on water bottles the worlds are amazing cause it means that everyone is not logging on to 1 server and lagging it up and makes great competition to see who can beat the new instances first
looseballs
So, what exactly is better about WoW? No lagging, better community, .... Just want to know before i put my money into it.
Zpanzer
Tried both. I'm gonna mention my ups and downs.

World of Warcraft:
+ Great, big and funny game.
+ Not that great graphics, but the art is simply amazing any how.
+ You play, interact and even play against other players.
+ When you hit final level you and beginning to explore big dungeons, you will learn to teamplay.
+ Able to play with the interface using AddOns.
+ Big variaty of spells for all classes, even tho the classes cant be mixed.
+ Great PVP system.
- Monthly Fee
- Gold sellers -_-
- Small kids are allowed to play it

Guildwars:
+ Great Graphics.
+ Able to make a final level character to do some PvP.
+ Funny Battles when doing PvP
+ Able to mix your classes.
- No social part unless you are in a party
- Wont meet people unless you are inside a town
- Unless you are used to it, choosing items and classes are really confusing.
- You are only able to have like 5-6 spells? which makes the variaty very low, althou you can mix classes.
- Not able to edit your Interface.


As you may can see, im playing World of Warcraft, i dont care about the fees, as long as there is no other game on a pc that can compare, im playing it Razz
TonkPilz
in my opinion MMO games so far are kinda boring thy are mostly grinding or simple quests noting major at all the only plus to mmos are its community

but if i hafto compare WOW and GW i tink il go for wow.

wow is huge lots of stuff to do and a grate community on some relems but it dose require allot of time if you whant to get your moneys wort of monthly fees i refer to the game s one for the unemployed and on welfare

Gw is a graphically refined MMo-tactical-RPG war your lvl docent have the same import-ens as your tactics do but its only mmo in some areas ones you leave thees areas its a simple multi player or single player game the quests are basecly the same as wows whit a few uniq ones.

the best ting about gw is the possibility to jump from server to server instantly exampel start on a uk server and then jump to a eu and the to a asian server. and in gw you actually follow a story. in wow you follow your lvl

the best ting about wow is all the stuff you can do and its simplicity and the fact that it is huge.
looseballs
K, so WoW is much better i can see, but just for fun, lets rate both games, 1 through 10, 1 beeing worst, 10 being best Smile Make sure you vote on both GW and WoW
TonkPilz
Gw = 5

Wow = 7
Tasa
I have never seen so much misinformation in a single thread.

Let me start by saying you CAN NOT compare WoW and GW. They are to differant. Now lets tackle misinformation.

Someone said GW is 2 weeks with of game play wrong. I have been playiing for a year and still have not done everything that the three chapters have to offer. I have guildmates that have played since beta and only have chapter one and they still enjoy playing.

Someone said you can only have 5-6 skills well last time I looked at me skill panel I had over 200+ totally differant skills. Not just upgraded skill but totally differant.

Someone also said there is no social part. Well odd I have logged on many times to just sit there and talk to people. Now that seems awful social to me.

Basicly it more of what you want to play rather then what is "best" although a lot of what Tankpilz said a lot of studd I found odd he did fit the nail on the head when he said GW is a graphically refined MMO-Tactical-RPG. Now WoW is more of the typical MMO which there are a lot of out there and don't pick WoW just because it is big guy. City of hereos is a fun MMO with a twist. I mean who doesn't want to be a super hero?

So Looseballs pick what you are looking for but do not pick which one is "best" because neither is better then the other.
looseballs
I can obviously tell which one is your favorite, just by your sig, but anyways, iv been planning to get Guildwars, even though everybody (except you) has WOW is better. I know a lot of the info is wrong, like the 2 week thing, the map is F'ING HUGE!!! Anyways, everybody, still rate them both.
m_furquan36
Wow is a really cool game i cant comment about guildwars because i havent played that yet but from what ive heard its like a bit limited in some aspects but then again i dont know how trye this is Smile Yes in wow you do get some annoying people that play but then in the end you stick with your own circle of friends Smile
junkrabbit
just about any mmo will suck you in if you let it. It just depends on which one you have the most friends in. Most all my friends are on WoW so I stick with that. I only play guild wars on tuesdays becaus of WoW's maint. day. So I have a few friens on guild wars. but if I never played wow, I'd have lots of friends in guild wars and I'd say that it was better. Just pick a game and play it. They're all fun in their own way. The girl avatars in guild wars look better i think.
Guyon
I want to play World of War Craft so much, form what I have seen of it it is very appealing. But with that monthly charge I could not see it worth the huge price.

I bought Guild Wars and really like the game, you can develop relationships with people there and the graphics are stunning. The also usually have some holiday special going on to keep if fun.

I really love Guild Wars, and would love to buy World of War Craft but do not see buying it because of the monthly fee. Pity, I would play both.
prym3r
looseballs wrote:
So, what exactly is better about WoW? No lagging, better community, .... Just want to know before i put my money into it.


A lot BIGGER community, offcourse, you get all type of persons... but nothing you cant ignore Smile

Ping , for me is the same really....

Gamepplay is way more fun , and with a lot more possiblities then GW,like i said... with 2 weeks, you can see all GW... reach the maximum level and thats it... no more fun ( at least for me )

This is just my opinion, but honestly.. i cant understand people who play GW, when they can play wow.
Tasa
looseballs wrote:
I can obviously tell which one is your favorite, just by your sig, but anyways, iv been planning to get Guildwars, even though everybody (except you) has WOW is better. I know a lot of the info is wrong, like the 2 week thing, the map is F'ING HUGE!!! Anyways, everybody, still rate them both.


Yea I have played GW for over a year but I did play WoW for a long time also. I will rate them both, but do not take this as a compare of the two

GW 8
WoW 8

Also before you buy either do a trial. You can get a WoW trial for like $2 and I have a buby key for chapter 3 of GW I will be happy to give you if you want PM me and I will send it to you.

The main reason I switch to GW was time. I can play a lot most the time, but some times I am away from my PC or any computer for a week and can not play with WoW I felt I was wasting money. With GW that is not the case.

But do a trial of each and make up your mind after you have played them.

edit:
Oh the big thing about Guild Wars is in fact the guild because of the varity of play you have to find a guild that will fit your play style. Currently I am in a guild that is mostly PvE and a little PvP. Which fits my play style

Another thing I would mention is look around some fan sites for both game find some Podcast about them you can get a lot of infomation from a good fan podcast.
DarkJad
"WoW is like the Hollywood of online gaming. Everyone wants to be a part of it, but some just don't, because they realise it's not all that."

I'm sorry, I have to disagree strongly. Just because something is popular, does not mean it is bad. Whenever a band goes mainstream, everybody cries foul. A movie can't be good if it's popular!

World of Warcraft has seven million subscribers because it's a kickass MMO. They're constantly introducing free new content (they just added a massive patch yesterday, adding team arena combat, a new looking for game system, and giving each class several new talents).
It's much faster than other MMOs such as FFXI, and you don't need to spend hours farming for rare items in order to succeed; although you surely can.

WoW has the depth of other MMOs (40 man raids), but you don't need to be hardcore in order to play.


I really fail to see how it's like Hollywood (dull and popular-but-lame), or how "it's not all that". Not everybody will like it, but that's the nature of opinion.
uberman
wow because a whole crap load of people play WoW and i hear that a whole lot of people us bots on guild wars and plus if people have to pay they are not going to be noobs and they are going to want to pay and it will be better i think
P.S. WoW pwnS all other current Mmorpgs
onlybooks
Sorry but I don't like games having that much voilence, In actual world we try to avoid such wars and other side we play such games i think it has bad effect on the way we think
TonkPilz
to me most mmorpgs are basely the same its the content that make or brake a mmorpg.

im gona play wow in till Huxley is released a mmofps game
http://www.webzengames.com/Game/Huxley/default.asp



Tasa says that there are over 200+ totally different skills thats contently true but u can only use 6 (i tink) at any one time and then u hafto enter a safe area to setup 6 other skills
Tasa
TonkPilz wrote:
Tasa says that there are over 200+ totally different skills thats contently true but u can only use 6 (i tink) at any one time and then u hafto enter a safe area to setup 6 other skills


8 skills, and you do have to be in a town or outpast ti switch skills that is correct, but I still have more skills then I can keep track of and non of them are just upgrades of an old skill.
Zpanzer
TonkPilz wrote:
to me most mmorpgs are basely the same its the content that make or brake a mmorpg.

im gona play wow in till Huxley is released a mmofps game
http://www.webzengames.com/Game/Huxley/default.asp



Tasa says that there are over 200+ totally different skills thats contently true but u can only use 6 (i tink) at any one time and then u hafto enter a safe area to setup 6 other skills


looks quite nice, can be worth a look when it gets released Razz
bloodeath
Im a huge gamer and will reply to this in the best way possible with pros and cons



World of Warcraft
-------------------
Pros-
- Great Graphics
- Fun Pvp
- a buttload of quests
- a Huge variety of NPC's *non playable characters* to fight
- Massive open ended terrian
- Enough weapons/armor to give your character that special customized look
- Once you hit lvl 60, there is still enough things to do you dont have to retire your character like in most mmo's
- Talents to make your character more pvp or more pve oriented
Cons-
- Does get repitive
- Questing is like the ONLY way to exp fast
- Lots of running around
- Pvpers twink themselves out and you will get your but owned alot
- High levels have the ability to come up and gank you anywhere on pvp servers
- Professions are very hard to learn in untill level 40
- leveling up goes to fast
- Ks'ers are everywhere
- lots of people selling gold which screws up economy



Guild wars
------------
Pros:
- Great graphics
- Awesome animations
- great weapon enchantments
- Very fun classes
- cool multiclassing
- GREAT guild pvp

Cons

- not a real mmorpg becuase it makes every area where you kill an instance
- theres like 10 sets of armor for each class
- class specific items
- storyline is very obsecure
- Gets boring fast
- only fun to play every now and again
- very poor chat system
- horrible guild system
- no 1 v 1 pvp
- lots of pvp spam about "gods" and different countries fighting




All and all, i suggest you get both, play guild wars untill you get bored of it then pick up world of warcraft and say good bye to your social life Smile
matt9875
This is what Wiki said on this matter;



Please Use Quote Tags wrote:
MMORPG (massive multiplayer online role-playing game) is an online computer role-playing game (RPG) in which a large number of players interact with one another in a virtual world. As in all RPGs, players assume the role of a fictional character (most commonly in a fantasy setting) and take control over many of that character's actions. MMORPGs are distinguished from single-player or small multi-player RPGs by the number of players, and by the game's persistent world, usually hosted by the game's publisher, which continues to exist and evolve while the player is away from the game.

MMORPGs are very popular throughout the world, with combined global memberships in subscription and non-subscription games exceeding 15 million as of 2006.[1] Overall, revenues for MMORPGs exceeded half a billion dollars in 2005 and are expected to reach over a billion dollars by 2009.[2]



Though MMORPGs have evolved considerably, many of them share some basic characteristics.

Traditional Dungeons & Dragons style gameplay, including quests, monsters, killing monsters, and loot.
A system for character development, usually involving levels and experience points.
An economy, based on the trade of items such as weapons and armor, and a regular currency.
Guilds or clans, which are organizations of players, whether or not the game actively supports them.
Game Moderators or Game Masters (frequently abbreviated to GM), which are sometimes-compensated individuals in charge of supervising the world, though in most games they are unable to completely moderate the game.
The majority of popular MMORPGs, such as EverQuest, World of Warcraft and Guild Wars, require players to either purchase the client software for a one-time fee or pay a monthly subscription to play. Most major MMORPGs require players to do both. By nature, "massively multiplayer" games are always online, and require some sort of continuous revenue (such as monthly subscriptions, advertisements) for maintenance and development. The alternate term MMGS (Massively Multiplayer Gaming Service) is also appropriate for describing MMOGs in general and MMORPGs in particular. MMORPGs also feature vast communities, or social networks.
s3raph85
I personally like WOW better. Having played both, I think the scale in Guildwars is too small for me. I like large 40 player parties Very Happy
looseballs
DarkJad wrote:
"WoW is like the Hollywood of online gaming. Everyone wants to be a part of it, but some just don't, because they realise it's not all that."

I'm sorry, I have to disagree strongly. Just because something is popular, does not mean it is bad. Whenever a band goes mainstream, everybody cries foul. A movie can't be good if it's popular!

World of Warcraft has seven million subscribers because it's a kickass MMO. They're constantly introducing free new content (they just added a massive patch yesterday, adding team arena combat, a new looking for game system, and giving each class several new talents).
It's much faster than other MMOs such as FFXI, and you don't need to spend hours farming for rare items in order to succeed; although you surely can.

WoW has the depth of other MMOs (40 man raids), but you don't need to be hardcore in order to play.


I really fail to see how it's like Hollywood (dull and popular-but-lame), or how "it's not all that". Not everybody will like it, but that's the nature of opinion.


Free? I dont think 15 bucks a month is free...
looseballs
Zpanzer wrote:
TonkPilz wrote:
to me most mmorpgs are basely the same its the content that make or brake a mmorpg.

im gona play wow in till Huxley is released a mmofps game
http://www.webzengames.com/Game/Huxley/default.asp



Tasa says that there are over 200+ totally different skills thats contently true but u can only use 6 (i tink) at any one time and then u hafto enter a safe area to setup 6 other skills


looks quite nice, can be worth a look when it gets released Razz



yea, i think ill check it out too
Kyraxe
Played both, and couldn't stand guildwars after playing about a week. Just couldn't compare to WoW imo.
SGbilder
My biggest concern is that you have to put alot of money into WoW. GW you pay a certain amount once and then you can play for as long as you want. WoW on the other hand the cost for playing keeps rising. not sure that i'm regular enough to play WoW. you'd have to play like everyday to make it worth it.

So my opinion leans toward GW since it doesn't hurt to get another game for a couple of weeks, you havent wasted a monthly fee.

well, the best thing is to try both, and then decide if the moneys wort WoW
J-More
Played both, got addicted to both, went through withdrawl from both...

Honestly after playing both games to "endgame" I have to say there are definetly pros and cons to both.

Guild Wars
- Like 2 sets of armor... wtf is up with this you look like everyone else.
- PVP was never really worth it.
- You automatically follow shit when you are attacking it.
- you can only have like what... 8 skills?
- Only places its really an MMORPG is cities and towns other wise its more of a... MORPG.
+ amazing graphics
+ good Storyline
+ I guess the armor thing comes into play here aswell... its never really all about gear becuase everyone has the same shit as you...
+ free play

WoW
- If you have no self control do not buy this game. you will end up Dying alone.
- Repetative as hell... the whole game up to 60 is one big grind.
- Lots of downtime
- Costs you a cool 15 bucks a month.
+ Patched alot... New content.
+ Enjoyable PVP, although it does get a little repetative.
+ Lots of character customization
+ True MMORPG, always something going on.

Well I have been there... if anyone can add to this by all means feel free to Very Happy
Tasa
J-more you are wrong about the armour each chapters has 3-5 armour designs. Now with chapter one you would a lot of times see a lot of people wearing the same armour, because it had the stats most people wanted (ranger's druid armour) but with the new chapters the look of the armour is not tied to the stats so you getting a lot more varity in armour now.

I wont go over the 8 skill thing again. Just simply say it is not true. I have a lot more then 8 skills to choose from.

Frankly the idea of comparing the 2 games is a waste of time thay are differant games not trying to really compete with each other.
roach831
i prefer none they both suck
J-More
Yeah all Im saying Tasa is I like how with WoW each characters look is more customizable, and I do agree with the fact that they arent really competing with eachother.
tallexander
I like the graphic in wow but it's better feeling on guildwars so i GUILDWARS is the shit
nancian
looseballs wrote:
Which is better, WOW, or Guildwars. I personally think Guildwars is, because there is no worlds, just 1, and so monthly fees. And then you can buy the HUGE expansions. I havent played either, just wondering which to buy.

i haven't try'em yet
AnimePSP
I played guildwars for like three months and even bought factions before quitting. I dont know about world of warcraft but I would recommend GuildWars for newb mmorpgers as there no monthly payment obviously and is acually very high quality.
looseballs
k, iv come back with much more knowlegde, having now played both for over 10 hrs. Personally, i think WoW is better, just because i like the fantasy graphics over the look of the real world. But then, if i had to choose which to give up, it would probably be Wow, not just because of the fee, but Guildwars has a feeling about it that even wow cant beat, and the quick travel of course:). Wow has more storage (bank, inventory) the gw though, so thats definently worth counting, unless u get the rune of holding or belts, which i just cant get >|. Anyways, i love both games, and if i get the money, WILL pay the monthly fee, but will still keep playing GW as well. Also, as mentioned before, WOw is more character customizable, but GW is just a capable of that to, so not much conflict there. One other thing, GW pvp sucks, i hate it, but Role Play RULES!!! Well, have fun fighting, c yea later
Sukozu
well except the fact that GW is free of monthly charge id say wow all the way, its a very bugfree game and the balancing is really well done.

Other than that the new expansion is supposedly really nice dealing with a lot of the old isues the game had, like reducing the 40 man raids to 25 and so on.
bonestorm74
World of Warcraft gets my vote here. Guild Wars didn't really have the heart that WoW does. Plus, everything is instanced in GW so the world feels very, very empty. It doesn't even feel like an MMO most of the time. I realise this allows story progression but in the end I preferred WoW's method, which really made the world seem like a vibrant place.

That's my thoughts anyway.
looseballs
yea, in wow you can go through the story but still have friends instead of the usual lonly feeling u get from video game. In gw they tryed to make it easier to accomplish quest, kill monsters, and get stuff, but it all comes back to the lonlyness of it all...
Derioh
WoW is a great game you can do reAlly much, Gw is als a great game, except for the limit of skills to have in battle, the level limit and Pvp... Shocked
ShawnKelfonne
I've also played both of them, and at the current time, am still playing Guild Wars. My WoW account has sat inactive for the last year, and I've reclaimed the 5 Gb that it was taking up on my hard drive.

Looking past the monthly fees and such, which, although it helps, doesn't matter so much to some people, I just like the way Guild Wars is set up more than WoW.

I started playing WoW because I had a bunch of friends that played it. I joined their server, rolled a mage, and got on my way. The only problem is that my friends were all about 20 levels ahead of me. I was playing catchup the entire time. And as I would gain levels, so would they, leaving me even further behind as the time between levels got longer and longer.
I got to the point where I could no longer quest alone, because my quests were getting to places where I needed to fight in instances, and just gave up on it. I didn't just want to be run through the instances, and all attempts at finding a good pickup group in WoW were worthless, as the party would start off fairly well, and get broken up over some silly squabble over who gets what item when something rare dropped.

Conversely, I've been playing GW since launch. Recently, I've gotten a few more friends to join me in game. They all remarked how nice it was that they could catch up fairly quickly, and not be stuck on their own forever. Even after having the game for 20 months now, I still haven't done everything I can do. Currently working on earning the various titles for my characters and such. Yes, the 8 skill limit is there, but it makes you think a bit about what skills you put on your bar before you leave town. Do I want to go out and be a mass damage Barrage ranger? Or will we be fighting spellcasters, and should I instead focus on interrupts?
One of the nice things about Guild Wars is that although at Level up, you put points into various attributes, if you decide later that you don't like that build, you can simply change it! Go to a town and redistribute the points. Also, my experience with pickup groups for missions in Guild Wars has been mostly favorable, only once or twice has the mission failed. On top of that, if none of your friends are around, and you want to go adventuring alone, you can recruit NPC henchmen, or get Heroes (Nightfall Only, though they gain experience and level up, and you can assign their skills as well), that will round out your party.

Don't get me wrong. I'm a big fan of Blizzard, and all of their Warcraft games, and I did like how the quests in WoW led you gently along to new areas as you got stronger. Wandering around in the areas which I had only seen from above as the omniscient Commander was loads of fun. When it comes down to which game I'm still playing, and will still continue to buy as long as they keep making chapters, it's Guild Wars.

And as a side note, to all those who mentioned the lack of armor diversity in GW. Armor can by dyed to a variety of colors. So even if it is the same style, it can look different. Also, with the release of Nightfall, armor itself only has an armor value and look now. The special effects that once came pre-installed in the different armor can be added in to any style now, so you can use whatever set you want while still getting the effect you want.

If anything, WoW armor all looks the same once you get to 60, because every class has its "best armor" that people are all trying to farm for.

I would go into a few more things, but this post is long enough as it is, and most people probably haven't bothered to read it anyway.
Derioh
Quote:
If anything, WoW armor all looks the same once you get to 60, because every class has its "best armor" that people are all trying to farm for.


accualy, not really, there are five(soon six) tier sets of armor for every class, and they all give an other effect in battle, so the lvl 60's have a wide choise Razz

But the GW armor types are also good because you can see right away what profession that armor belongs to. That gives a good atmosphere.
(Sorry my English is a bit bad, I'm dutch Razz)
looseballs
yea, ok, thanks for posting everyone!



So basically there about the same when it comes to who likes what.
Both games have pros and cons which add to that games eniroment.
Also, there was a lot of lies about each game.


Anyways, thanks for posting!
inferno2211
World Of Warcraft, No doubt!
nono888
I' played bouth games and can say that they are alike in some aspects but there are some big things that differ.

For gameplay I whould go with Warcraft.

For financial aspects Gulid Wars.
Saryon
World of Warcraft is the best of the to in my opinion. I played both ,first Guild Wars, then I switched to World of Warcraft. I didn't make it till level 20 on GW, since I got bored around level 11. The biggest thing I hate about Guild Wars is the fact that whenever you leave town, you're on your own. It's only a MMORPG when you're in the town, and even then...

Now, compared to World of Warcraft, which is one the best MMORPG's ever, GW really is nothing. Main reason while most people play GW is because they don't have to pay for it.

About the armor, in Guild Wars, you look all the same at 20, while in WoW, no1 looks the same at all, not even at 60, with 6 different types of big armor pieces..
Ghost900
eLto wrote:
This is a matter of personal preference. If you like the good, realistic graphics, and no monthly fees, you play Guild Wars.

If you like the hugeness, and Blizzard feel of WoW, play that.



I totally agree with you on most of this and I don't think either is bad and I personally like Guild Wars better (you can tell by my sig) however I am not a MMORPGer as I like the way Guild Wars is but if you like full MMORPGs then WOW would win any day.

I played WOW for the trial of it and it looked pretty cool and a very fun game to play and once I am sick of Guild Wars I may switch to WOW.
jchang
wow goes over all mmos it has the best things but its not free Sad
looseballs
K, we are done with this forum, dont know how to close it, thanks everyone
Related topics
world war2 design?
Which Onlinegame is the best?
II world war games
IRAN'S MILITANT STUDENTS TO SEIZE BRITISH EMBASSY
if world war 2 was a 3d shooter....
WW III?!?!?
World war 2 and generally world History
Is this a World War... or not
World War I
IBM profiting from the Nazi in 2nd world war
War Craft 3
Best War Craft 3 clan?
Movies about World war 2 ?
Reply to topic    Frihost Forum Index -> Sports and Entertainment -> Games

FRIHOST HOME | FAQ | TOS | ABOUT US | CONTACT US | SITE MAP
© 2005-2011 Frihost, forums powered by phpBB.