FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

LINKIN PARK!!!!!!!!!!!

looseballs
Linkin Park is definently the best band. I used to hate all rock, rap, and hip-hop, but when I listened to Linkin Park, that all changed. I love them SOOOO much! Anybody else who loves them, come talk about them with me!
TheGeek
Check out a band called Fort Minor, its their side project with basically only Mike in the band...
hsadmin
Fort minor has several different artists in it. Jay-Z, styles of beyond, mike shinoda.. Anyways..

I used to love them, but, they haven't made an album in almost 4 years. I'm really depressed about that. They were supposed to have one out this year, but I haven't heard anything since January. Mabye the missed the deadline or they canceled the recording. I actually had the real 'HYBRID THEORY EP' which was before linkin park, was linkin park. But sold it ( brought in a pretty good amount of $$ ). I've owned all of there albums and DVD's. I loved watching the making of Meteora.

Anyone who hasn't heard them, check them out. ( there other songs are better than there hit songs )
gtherockgod
hsadmin wrote:
Fort minor has several different artists in it. Jay-Z, styles of beyond, mike shinoda.. Anyways..

I used to love them, but, they haven't made an album in almost 4 years. I'm really depressed about that. They were supposed to have one out this year, but I haven't heard anything since January.

http://ultimate-guitar.com/news/video_news/linkin_park_narrow_song_list_for_new_album.html

I'm not really a fan anymore. I used to love them...then I discovered bands with actual musical talent Razz
soulman
are there any new album of linkin park released recently?
TheGeek
I meant Mike is the only member from Linkin Park in it...so its more like a Mike Shinoda side project than a Linkin Park side project...
looseballs
Yea, i know about FM, im part of there streetteam, and own there 2disc bonus album, LP was releasing there new 1 this year, but something happened, and now its 07. If i can, ill keep u updated, but they dont really post anything on there undground site.
The Phoenix
y you guys talkin about Fort Minor in a forum dedicated to the greatest band ever...
LINKIN PARK!!!

by the way...
when is their next album out...[/i]
djsamsung
gtherockgod wrote:
hsadmin wrote:

I used to love them, but, they haven't made an album in almost 4 years. I'm really depressed about that. They were supposed to have one out this year, but I haven't heard anything since January.

http://ultimate-guitar.com/news/video_news/linkin_park_narrow_song_list_for_new_album.html

I'm not really a fan anymore. I used to love them...then I discovered bands with actual musical talent Razz

thnx a bunch for info. Very Happy
Scott
Linkin park is alright. They're a bit cheesy.
djsamsung
cheesy? how dare you! Evil or Very Mad
looseballs
How could you sit there and dis on the greatest band in existance! I love Linkin Park!!!!!!! Fort Minor is pretty good, but not my favorite still. How bout Collision Course, there JZLP mix. It was good, but could have been more LP in it.
gtherockgod
looseballs wrote:
the greatest band in existance!

You've just lost all respect in my books.

I hope for the sake of your soul that you're just another 12 year old fanboy.
easy-cool
linkin park for presidents of the world! Cool Cool Cool
looseballs
im older than 12, but yea, im still a young person, but what ever, LINKIN PARK RULES!!! Also, this is a quote from the LP site
Quote:
Linkin Park is confirmed for the Bamboozle Festival at the Giants Stadium Parking Lot in E. Rutherford, NJ on May 6th, 2007! This 2 day event features headliner My Chemical Romance on May 5th with all other acts on both dates TBA. This is LP's FIRST CONFIRMED US Show in over 2 years, and you can expect to hear them perform songs LIVE off their highly anticipated 2007 release, as well as other LP favorites from their past recordings. Meet and Greet information will be announced closer to the date. All tickets go on sale to the general public 12/15.
onlybooks
Good to seeing them singing My favourite track are numb and in the end

I love to hear that.................... Smile
hsadmin
The Phoenix wrote:
y you guys talkin about Fort Minor in a forum dedicated to the greatest band ever...
LINKIN PARK!!!

by the way...
when is their next album out...[/i]

Hahaha. I just saw your name. The phoenix!

A quote from Mike Shinoda on 'Linkin Park - Frat Party at The Pancake Festival'
" And this is where we keep the phoenix" LOL! And he was playing his PS2
creezalird
Anybody know when the new album from linkin park will be release.?Or there will be no more Linkin Park..It seems like they've already breaking up...Taking their own path ...Like Mike Shinoda..
vm_yap
I like them too. But their not the greatest band ever! It's been awhile since we heard from them. I think this is due to the fact that mike was working on with his side project and also working with Jay-z (producer). I can't wait for their new album.
looseballs
Yes, they are coming out with a new album, they made over 100 songs ranging form 15 sec bits to 5 min full's. They have since been deciding which one's to use, the last i heard, they were down to 36 songs. As for breaking up, i heard about that too, but if it was real, they have since decided against it. There new album is not the linkin park we are used to, but u can still tell its them. They are expecting to release it spring or summer of '07.

P.S. Linkin Park IS the best band ever Smile
coozy
I like them too. I like don't stay, hit the floor and nobody's listening. Smile
jayrelle
I love this band. I love their songs easier to run, numb, crawling, forgotten, without you..actually, I love all their songs! Sad to say that they are not that popular in the philippines.. Crying or Very sad
agustin
Is bad. Is the worst band I have ever heard!!
tony
i do not personally care for linkin park. what do you see in their music style which is desirably unique?
genzoeri
Linkin park is great band ever. I like to hear it, when I need some courage and heat me up. Have you heard when LP feature with britney? that song really good and nice to hear
hsadmin
jayrelle wrote:
without you..

Actually, it's WITH YOU.

They have made a new fusion of music. Kind of like rop ( rock and rap ).. WITH A DJ! PHONIEX
Blu_Spykz
Have a gander on some LP fan sites, or buy LPU6 - their new material *tentatively called QWERTY* is a good step in the right direction towards a follow up to Meteora.

PS : I too love LP.
molif
I LOVE LINKINPARK...

but im not sure how the new album is gonna be like...
falco211
I used to listen only to rap until I heard their songs. I listen to both rock and rap now and I like them equally. People give rock a bad image. They are one of my favorite bands and my favorite song that they sing is IN THE END!
Blu_Spykz
molif wrote:
I LOVE LINKINPARK...

The new album is slated to be a lot heavier than anything they have produced thus far.

*hopefully* this will mean more of chesters vocals and less *hip-hop*
looseballs
hsadmin wrote:
jayrelle wrote:
without you..

Actually, it's WITH YOU.

They have made a new fusion of music. Kind of like rop ( rock and rap ).. WITH A DJ! PHONIEX

Actually, the DJ is Joe Hahn aka Mr. Hahn, but yea, its all good, he also recieved an award at the KoreAm 16th annual Gala not to long ago.

Anyways, yea, you can buy there lpu package at best buy this year, or just visit The Underground Site to purchase. You will get a CD which contaions some of there new songs, such as QUERTY, giving u a taste of whats coming.
BMB07
Blu_Spykz wrote:
molif wrote:
I LOVE LINKINPARK...

The new album is slated to be a lot heavier than anything they have produced thus far.

*hopefully* this will mean more of chesters vocals and less *hip-hop*

Totally agree.

Chester has so much range to be a metal singer.
engeland
Unhealthy range though Wink It's killing his throat
Blu_Spykz
He'd best release a half dozen albums before his voice goes Laughing
jamie
yeah it is a interesting gropu.especially their clips are so interesting.the best of mine is a place for my head Very Happy
Blu_Spykz
jamie wrote:
yeah it is a interesting gropu.especially their clips are so interesting.the best of mine is a place for my head Very Happy

One of my favourite songs too Exclamation

Kerrang! Magazine have a 2 page spread featuring LP - and an interview with Chester and Phoenix this week. They talk about the upcoming album, Chesters Life, and their thoughts on the processes taken to make this the "best album LP have produced"
looseballs
yea, i love chesters voice, thats actually what got me likin them
briancoit
i dont think their the BEST band ever to grace the earth - i think it'd be mad to label any one band as the best band in the world, but having seen them live when they were pretty much starting out (supporting deftones), I have to say i'm a big big fan, in a pretty quiet way!

Their music is controversial, pushes the boundaries, and you just cant fault them, at all!
Nutteloos
Why is it that all people who seem to think Linkin Park is the next best thing to sliced bread (which is in fact, totally awesome) never really were into the whole pseudo-metal genre before? Because they're the only half-decent band that mixes hiphop in it. Go figure.

Don't get me wrong, I was one of them too. Just until I discovered that there's so much more fish in the sea. Fishes more exciting than the yellyfish LP is. Sorry.
Blu_Spykz
Before I listened to LP, I was into Manson, Bizkit, Korn, Slipknot. MY favourite bands back then were the newly formed (and recently split) Sugarcoma, and Kittie.

Not no more though. LPs music is fresh, honest, and genuine. The lyrics actually make sense *unlike the bands I just mentioned, and many more*
looseballs
yea, there musics great, but there pretty wierd in person (or atleast thats what i got from watchin alot of the backstage stuff)

Anyways, cant wait for the new album!
Blu_Spykz
They have a good time, and don't let the cameras deter them from pranking each other.

It seems to be a nice working environment ... and, judging by Hybrid Theory and Meteora, a very creative one too.
hsadmin
Thats what I meant. The phoniex plays guitar.. Mr. Hahn is the dj, the korean dude.. Pretty sick band if you ask me
briancoit
Nutteloos wrote:
Why is it that all people who seem to think Linkin Park is the next best thing to sliced bread (which is in fact, totally awesome) never really were into the whole pseudo-metal genre before? Because they're the only half-decent band that mixes hiphop in it. Go figure.

Don't get me wrong, I was one of them too. Just until I discovered that there's so much more fish in the sea. Fishes more exciting than the yellyfish LP is. Sorry.

Might be more fish in the sea, but linkin park are pretty fresh in style, as a band they work well, and they havent put out a bad song yet, as far as im concerned!

Not saying they're the best thing ever to grace the planet, but I definetly respect them as a band!
shwetanshu
looseballs wrote:
Linkin Park is definently the best band. I used to hate all rock, rap, and hip-hop, but when I listened to Linkin Park, that all changed. I love them SOOOO much! Anybody else who loves them, come talk about them with me!

ditto here man.. my cousin made me hear it and now i m very much addicted to their muzic
suicidecore
"Linkin Park's third studio album is slated for a March 2007 release according to Blender magazine [1]. Its title has yet to be announced."

LoL, maybe there`re going emo on this album.
Blu_Spykz
hah.

March, 3 years after Meteora. Bit of a lengthy wait between albums... considering they are contracted to do at least 5 more albums.

not sure I could wait 15 years for 5 albums.
Kelcey
I love linkin park too. It's been a while since they've released an album though
trumnation
Im sure they're doing something between albums, most artists have a pretty good reason, or they are making a few albums at once. I'd really like a new one to come out soon, since i've listened to meteora oh a few thousand times by now, but we'll have to see what the future holds.
smoke-productions
Linkin park is just too too good. It's unique attributable music has the rythem making you dance and the softness making you relax at the same time. No band managed to master in this genre. LINKIN PARK RULEEZZZ
Blu_Spykz
Best thing about LP is they dabble in most Genres, making a wider appeal to their music. Good marketing tactics, but most importantly, fantastic end results.
gtherockgod
as shitty as this band is compared to pretty much everything outside of the mainstream, you guys have brought me back a small portion of respect for their fans. Most of the people who listen to LP can't produce anything more than "FUK YA LINKEN PARK RULEZZEZEZ AND ANY1 HOO DOESNT THINK SO IS SUCH A F4G!!!!1"
Morgana
Linken Park Rocks I have most of the cd's
tingkagol
the band itself is okay. it's just that their fanbase is mostly comprised of idiots. that's really just the problem.
Blu_Spykz
Most of those so called idiots are of a different mind : the majority of LP haters are the idiots.

Laughing

That emoticon is so crap.
swarna
Blu_Spykz wrote:
Most of those so called idiots are of a different mind : the majority of LP haters are the idiots.

Laughing

That emoticon is so crap.

hehehe.. Lolz
darknight985
Uhmm. im just going to say that i hate linkin park. Plain and simple, I just have never liked their music, I prefer The Used and Green Day
Blu_Spykz
Heard a *rumour* that the new album, despite being thus un-named, will be released in the UK on Tues, 20th Feb 07. Probably means the American people will get it on the 19th or 26th February.

Again, this is a rumour, but is circulating everywhere, from Kerrang! TV, to MyLyricsCentral.

EDIT:

I just received this in my email:

"LINKIN PARK SNEAK PEEK
You heard it first on LPU.... the first single from Linkin Park's highly anticipated new album will be released in March! You can also expect some exciting new content from the band in the near future, including brand new LPTV episodes that will give you an inside look at the past and present of Linkin Park. As a bonus, LP Underground will get extra footage that won't be available anywhere else. More info coming soon!"

Indicating a possible late March / early April release for the Album.
briancoit
darknight985 wrote:
Uhmm. im just going to say that i hate linkin park. Plain and simple, I just have never liked their music, I prefer The Used and Green Day

not surprised you 'hate' them, when you're comparing them to The Used, and Green Day!!

Looking forward to the new album - but i think Hybrid Theory could still be my favourite LP album!
Blu_Spykz
briancoit wrote:
darknight985 wrote:

not surprised you 'hate' them, when you're comparing them to The Used, and Green Day!!!

Indeed - three different bands, for different reasons..

I like Hybrid Theory, but prefer Meteora. Not sure why - the songs, whilst similar, seem stronger, with better lyrics, and heavier beats.
glabase
yeah i've actually just really started to get into them - they're a good band and i like how they intertwine rap and rock... very cool!

their song "somewhere i belong" is superb in my books... might get the meteora album (as i hear it's good).

lookin forward to their new album... dont know much about it but should be good! Cool
looseballs
K, yes, album release in March, work on side projects so take long time to produce new albums, love hate and like linkin park. Good. Also, visit my LP poll at http://www.frihost.com/forums/vt-65335.html#547853
Blu_Spykz
Nice idea...

On my way.
looseballs
Thanks, anyone got that single they released this month (March) yet? Anyways, if u get any news on when the full album's coming out, please post it. Also, they just announced that the songs on the LPU6 disk, the Qwerty and the other 1 are NOT going to be on the album, so we can expect COMPLETELY new stuff. Smile
Blu_Spykz
Best Buy have given a bout of credibility to the April 30th/May 1st release date with a list of 3 preorders on their website. Though there has been a lot of speculation with release dates for the as-yet-untitled album, Best Buy have been correct about previous LP releases this far in advance before, and give the release date a lot more credibility.

Though it is still to be confirmed by the band, it is worth noting that they have stated the presence of a settled in-store release date for the disc previously. More information to come soon we hope!

Looks like, although it isn;t official, that the album will be released end of April/Start of May depending on where you live.

The is quite good news - but no information on the upcoming single...however, Somewhere I belong was released just 1 week before the album was released...so on that basis, expect the single to be released in April, and not March.
Artelis
I'd just like to pop in to say that I don't like Linkin Park at all.

/beginflame
LordHateSphere
I like LP cuz they got a special sound...

They're a Nu ( new ) metal band, and i really like that kind of music,

They variation of keyboards, organs, etc is sooo good Razz
i still prefer NUMB, PAPERCUT and IN THE END Razz

NUMB cuz it just owns Razz
papercut same ^

and in the end cuz of that song, i started to listen to LP

I like the combination of normal singing and rap
(chester and mike )
Blu_Spykz
Finally...some solid confirmation regarding the new Album, and single:

Quoted from LPU Email :

"You're hearing it first on LPU...

Linkin Park's much-anticipated new album, Minutes to Midnight, will be in stores on TUESDAY, MAY 15! If you are outside of the US, you can find the album in stores on MONDAY, MAY 14.

Expect to hear the first piece of brand new music starting on April 2, when the new single "What I've Done" will be released.

"We have put more into the new album than anything we have ever done before," says bassist Dave "Phoenix" Farrell. The band spent over 14 months in the studio and wrote more than 100 song demos in the making of Minutes to Midnight, an album which vocalist Mike Shinoda sees as, "a breakthrough in the development of the band's sound."

Mark your calendars for Minutes to Midnight on May 15!"

A Bit of decent news...but still a long wait yet.
looseballs
yea, ok, i was about 2 post the same news, but ok...so "Minutes to Midnight" release on May 15 in USA and May 14 elsewhere....which is gay....and the single releases in late April
rheanna
Cool I bought all their CDS! LP RULEZ! btw thanks for the warning on the new CD coming out ;o)
tingkagol
Artelis wrote:
I'd just like to pop in to say that I don't like Linkin Park at all.

/beginflame

i used to feel the same. now i'm just... indifferent.
Blu_Spykz
May is a long way away... expecially for an album that was tipped to be released at the end of last year.

So that sucks.

Only 90'000 minutes to go...
Helios
Go to this one, please:
http://www.frihost.com/forums/vt-65335-2.html

-lock-