FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

What happens to your PS2 now there's PS3?

nigam

you just wanna try to open it and overclocked it to practice your skilss?
bigdoglj52
it stays in my closet. hahaha. i dont plan on getting a P$3 anyway. they are too expensive. I still pull out my PS2 sometimes though so i will keep it.
IceNinjaa
im gonna continue to use mine until i finally see the ps3 at a reasonable price and the demand is no longer greater than the supply
Afaceinthematrix
Well, I keep all my old systems because I love playing them. I love Super Nintendo and N64. They are so much fun and have some great games. I play them all the time
vaoger
well i will keep in under my bed....
with all other HIS PAL...( Atari, n64,game cube, ps.....)
Kind of sad.... but.. Yipee!! say hello to PS3!!
arkebuzer
nigam wrote:

I sold mine a long time before the release of PS3 just to get as much as possible cash Wink
soulman
I still keep the PS2.... I am planning to buy a PS3 at Christmas day, and the PS2.... maybe I'll sell it, but are there anyone really like to buy it?
S3nd K3ys
Now XBox comes out with their 720 and I buy games for my PS2 much cheaper. Wink
NeoValkyrion
I might play it a few times if some more games come out for the PS2, but no way in hell am I throwing away $600 on a PS3.
Keran
Poor fellow, i can't even imagine the sorrows he will be going through lying down in my stinky closet full of dead ... creatures... and old clothes.
He will never be as good as his successor PS3 again...
Josso
Store it somewhere, where it gets dusty for about 8-10 years and then I get it out for vintage purposes.
m_furquan36
Ill keep it in the closet to rest in peace Razz i might take it out now and again just to keep it from getting screwed up or might as well dump it on my younger brother Razz
rightclickscott
Psh, I'm not bothering with the PS3 until the appropriate time. Which would be when I'm willing to spend 600 Bucks+ for MGS4 too. You see, I'm still using my PS2, like, right now even. I see no reason to get a PS3 besides Resistance: Fall of Man right now. So, I'm pushing the PS3 to the side.
Sparda
I'm not getting a PS3 anytime soon. I still play my Playstation 2. There are still games for PS2 that are fun to play and have great graphics. If I would buy a PS3 anytime, I would still play the PS2 whenever I want to play the classics. It is just like now. I feel the urge to play Super Mario Bros. for Nintendo.
roach831
keepin it to put it in my car now thats what im saying
DemunVirus
I wont be getting a ps3 until prices drop so i will keep playing my ps2.
onlybooks
I have already sold my ps2 ................... Cool

Therefore i can buy ps3 now................. Cool

Wow.......
william
At the moment, the Playstation 3 has some problems in playing Playstation 2 games, and if that remains the case, you may want to keep the Playstation 2. Also, one could use it for DVDs, and as a console for another room. I've never sold any of my consoles, I just keep 'em all.

Anyway, I'll just keep it. I'll use it sometimes or in another room.
Patriot Players
My PS2 got fried when my house got struck by lightning. I suppose now I can try to pry the starwars battlefront 2 disc out of it. That was a sad day indeed.
xorcist
I have 2 playstations anyway so I'm just going to sell one I was planning to sell one anyway. That's what I did with the Gamecube when I got my Wii I just sold my gamecube. I'm not oging to buy a ps3 yet until the prices go down and then sell my other ps2.
Kyran
heyy gus, yeh the ps3 is great...but i will wait til price goes down to get it
LostOverThere
For me, I'm selling it to get a Nintendo Wii. (PS3 is just a hardware upgrade, who the hell cares about that???)
Captain Fertile
nigam wrote:

Answer:
I keep using it, the old PS2 games continue to get cheaper and I get more games for less money.

Let the Gadget-heads play top dollar for the latest systems and games while I continue to have fun with my ‘outdated’ PS2 for relative pennies.

Also, let the first few lines of PS3 owners iron out any hardware, software wrinkles and bugs while the price goes down and I decide a PS3 is something I really need and can afford and any teething problems are fixed.

So anyone who has a PS3 – good on you (I don’t mean this in any way sarcastically) but my PS2 does me fine for the time being.
enygmasoft
Not a bad way to kill a PS2, but donations to charity are better, I would think. Interesting how little something can be worth when there is a backup.
J-More
Cup Holder for my tasty beverages......

Nah. I dunno dust collector probably.
Boffel
I keep my ps2, ps3 hasnt come out in norway yet.

But wii has, so I think I buy that instead of ps3. And I also think it is a way cooler, because it is something totaly new.

Or what do you say xorcist? How is wii?

And the PS3 consoles is also ugly...
Tools and Cheese
My cousin borrowed my Ps2 and never returned it, I don't think I can afford to buy a PS3 right now. But maybe soon.
nancian
vaoger wrote:
well i will keep in under my bed....
with all other HIS PAL...( Atari, n64,game cube, ps.....)
Kind of sad.... but.. Yipee!! say hello to PS3!!

ya when i remember my old consoles i retrieve all the uncompensable memories of these days, but it was sometime,yesterday...oh!
Ranti84
I'm planning to get the Wii before I get the PS3 (if there any good FF games on it though)

I'll be playing my PS2 for years to come I'm sure.
Patriot Players
My PS2 stays where it was before.....collecting dust Confused . My house was struck by lightning about 8 months ago, and my PS2 got fried.....I may be tempted to try to rip it open to get the copy of StarWars Battlefront 2 out of it though.
Sergiy
I'll play it till the day PS3 is going to be chepper and first of all it has to come to Europe first Laughing
Blu_Spykz
Not out here yet, but when it gets released, I'll sell my PS2 along with some "completed" and "depleted" games to help fund the PS3. Razz
SimonWSTS
PS3 is gonna be waaaaaaaaaay to expensive for me. That means the PS2 will do exactly what it has been doing up until now. Sitting lookng unloved down beside my TV as i never have the time or inclination to play it.
Jeff_vella_leone
nigam wrote:

man for me buying a consol is lame
ps3 duhhhh no way
all this fuss on ps3 was allread made on ps2 anyguys remember?
consol are incredibly lame so are those who waste money upon them
There is allways a better consol if not now in the early future
so unless u have lot of money its not reasonable to buy a consol like ps3
I have a Pc which i bought 5 years ago and spending much less then a single consol in updates
i can play every single game that comes out
if u know what to buy a pc can handle updates and thus games for more then 10 years
whilst a consol wont handle 3 years untill u would have to buy a new one because its games are out dated
and pc games on the whole are much better than all other consols games
to prove that i really can play every game:
My specs: pentium 4 3.0ghz 478 pin
2.5 gb ram
xfx 7800 gs 256 mb
(the rest are not important)
this pc is 5 years old and will handle well every new game for an other 2 years minimum without updates

what im tryen to say is that, a pc is worthed for games, considering how much u would have to spend on consols and apart from better games on pc, u can use the pc for other things to like listening to music, internet, downloading stuff, burning dvd's etc
exarkun
Haha of course is keep it! PS2 game is more readily avaliable and cheaper. Only mayb when I am sick of PS 2, I would take out PS 3 to play. Sometimes.. new thing can never replace the old, right? Wink
SylentSnipe
Ther Wii I heard is out selling th PS3, I find that very funny. Even in Japan the Wii's is out selling the PS3. Theres stores all over the place here in texas that just have ps3 there, collecting dust.
mattchun
In most cases, I will hand it over to my little brother.
ShawnKelfonne
It's going to continue doing what it had been doing. Playing my PS2 games that I haven't finished.

PS3 is just too expensive right now, and even if it weren't, there's currently nothing on the system that really interests me. Possibly once MGS4 actually comes out (and doesn't end up being ported to XB360) I might consider shelling out for a PS3, but until then, I'm gunning for a Wii.
ItsWesley
If I do ever get a PS3, which I'm not gonna do until it reduces in price, then it will be going in the lounge, as it has a blue ray player and the only HD tv is in their, so my old ps2 will stay in my room, unless I take it to my dads which I did with my old old Ps1
Senshida
When the PS3 becomes [a lot] cheaper, and there are many games for it that I want. THEN I will buy a PS3, and give away my PS2.
Saryon
Obviously, I'm going to buy a Wii, not a PS3. The Wii is innovating, something comepletely new. PS3 is exactly the same, except for the fact that the graphics are great, better than the PS2.
Nintendo at least has got some nice gameplay, excellent gameplay now with the new controller.

And of course, the price of the PS3 is just outrageous. No wonder they're not selling that good, who would pay that amount of money for a console..
littletomi714
I would probably wait one or two or possibly three years until the PS3 has its prices down. I have always done that. Game systems are for entertainment only. Not for taking all the money you got.
Riesjart
My PS2 is almost brandnew, 3 months old.
I wouldn't buy a PS3 right now, maybe in a year or so. Far too expensive for me, unfortunately..
dan751
Well, even though I have an Xbox360, I plan on getting a Playstation3, and I'm moving my playstation 2 into the entertainment room, because all that we currently have is an old (banged up) playstation 1 as of current.
BobVsBob
Stays the same as it normally would Shocked

I personally hate the ps3 for various reasons I won't get into on here..
but the obvious ones are

- to expensive
- bad games
- xbox 360 is beter
Very Happy
rampantinsanity
Well as an avid PS2 FREAK! I must put in my 2 cents, I will be keeping my ps2 right where it is, hooked up to my living room tv so that I have 2 SYSTEMS TO PLAY AT ONCE! Not to mention the fact that I don't believe that the PS3 plays PS2 or PS games and seeing as I have games on both that I cannot live without I am planning on having my PS2 till the day I die and my system are passed onto my children who will most likely think it's a piece of junk at which time I will rise from the dead and BEAT THEM MERCILESSLY!

Anyway, that's what I'm going to do with my PS2. Keep it till I die, or at least until Playstation 5 comes out.

-Rant Courtesy of Shouren from Rampant Insanity

Alunasa's Note: Don't worry, he wouldn't actually do anything to our kids, besides, we don't have any yet. lol.
Crustie
Quote:
man for me buying a consol is lame
ps3 duhhhh no way
all this fuss on ps3 was allread made on ps2 anyguys remember?
consol are incredibly lame so are those who waste money upon them
There is allways a better consol if not now in the early future
so unless u have lot of money its not reasonable to buy a consol like ps3
I have a Pc which i bought 5 years ago and spending much less then a single consol in updates
i can play every single game that comes out
if u know what to buy a pc can handle updates and thus games for more then 10 years
whilst a consol wont handle 3 years untill u would have to buy a new one because its games are out dated
and pc games on the whole are much better than all other consols games
to prove that i really can play every game:
My specs: pentium 4 3.0ghz 478 pin
2.5 gb ram
xfx 7800 gs 256 mb
(the rest are not important)
this pc is 5 years old and will handle well every new game for an other 2 years minimum without updates

what im tryen to say is that, a pc is worthed for games, considering how much u would have to spend on consols and apart from better games on pc, u can use the pc for other things to like listening to music, internet, downloading stuff, burning dvd's etc

You have a point!
BUT... Also not!

ok the PC is much easier to update and lasts longer, but 1 The PS3 is expected to last for 10 Years !!
and 2 for a full PC with games and all good hardware in it you pay like 2500 dollar/euros (if you want a really good computer ) and counting for games...
Rolling Eyes

and I dare to say that you're computer costs some dollars
DSGamer3002
I sold my PS2 for $100 on eBay not too long ago. I was surprised it sold for any more than $50, considering the PS3 is out in the first place. Shocked
Seiji
PS3 isn't worth the money right now. PS2 is still beating the PS3 in sales. Unless the PS3 gets cheaper or gets better games thats the only way I'll get one.
charysteos
the ps3 is to expensive for me, so i play further wit my ps2 and my psp (and pc of course Smile)
Wish4Me
My PS2 was given away at my church with alot of the games I had. Now I just buy the best games for my Wii.

Viva la Wii!
Geminh
still play with it. Wait til there are better PS3 games first.
Gundamxxg
I plan on keeping my PS2 and I plan on never owning a PS3. They are made of fail, it practically killed sony releasing it and there are no good games for it. Plus I don't feel like paying 60-80$ for each individual game. The only good thing the PS3 is good for however, is the Blu-Ray disc capability. It is supposed to have the best player for that media. Too bad that media isn't mainstream enough for anyone to really care about it.

Anyway PS2 stays PS3 essentially doesn't exist.
bhzh
I thought of selling my PS2 when I got my PS3 but then when I popped in Metal Gear Solid 3, I saw the jagged image problem people were talking about so I kept my PS2. At least until Metal Gear Solid 4 comes out that is.