FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

screensaver problem

akshar
Quote:

my PC hangs as soon as the screensaver gets over when i move mouse
i resets after some time(10-15)sec.i have scanned my PC with latest avast
not found any malware.I was having same problem a month back after which i had loded new OS because of some update problems.
It may cause any serious damage?
Embarassed Embarassed
askchris
Is it the same screensaver? or is it powermanagement? Try disabling powermanagement in your bios setup and see what happens.
judelover
I think you should re-flash your bios using the newst version, which can be downloaded from the official site of your motherboard. I used to have the same problem and what was worse the screen frose in cold weather. but after i upgraded to the newst bios no such problems have ever occured.
ocalhoun
^Doing that (flashing the BIOS) should be a LAST RESORT. If anything goes wrong during the process, your motherboard is screwed. Without a working BIOS, it is nothing.
Focus first on making software changes that won't include the possibility of expensive hardware ruining.

Is it a default screen saver or a custom one? Do you have it set to ask for a password when exiting the screen saver? When did this start, and what did you do just before then?
turbosquid
Which screensaver seems to be causing the problem? is it a standard one that comes with windows or is it a 3rd party one?
You may have already tried but i would suggest changing the screensaver to a different one (preferably a none 3D one) and see if the problem still persists, if it does then it would indicate that the problem is not the .SCR file but somthing else. Please try and give us a little more info.

Thanks

TurboSquid
billgertz
what type of screen saver was that? is it only happening to one specific screen saver or everytime you activate the screensaver? if the problem is on the board as what was mentioned, it should have been restarting even if you dont restart your PC. what im thinkin about is a software confict or resourse conflict. if not, check on the hardware instead.

enks.
budazz
maybe a conflict application thats why your unit hangs up.......try to reformat your pc
SmartIcon
I want to know what is the screen saver are you using. The best solution is do not use screen saver what I think. In this case I choose not to use screen saver.
blueray
Did you tryed restore the screen saver from windows cd-rom ?
Jasta30
Screen savers have been a big memory waste for some time, at least in 98 days the savers lost memory and created holes that slowly drained the pc of avialable memory. So I would just run without it, but as a previous poster said it could be a power management issue in that the harddrive is spinning down and having to restart. This would account for the lockups.
Teezgaff
Look at my post on HelpSVC.exe and svchost.exe eating up resources. This a similar problem.