FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Need help wi th IPN's ....

salman_500
hey there.....

guyz im off to somthin again this time... :p..

you see i have coded a shopping cart for me... it includes features of adding stuff to cart... getting total cost and other basic stuff....

well before i get to the point... what i did was that i made it so that only registered users could have a cart as on registration they are assigned a cart number... and when ever they add to cart... i only use one table for all the stuff in all the carts of all the paople... and display them for the right person using the assigned cart number to get the right stuff for that person....

well i wanted to know if this was a good idea.... coz thats all i could come up with....

well now back to the topic... you see i have included a checkout button on the cart.... this button is actually a form the posts to payment processing sites....like paypal and stormpay etc...

the site provide you with buttons.... they give you html code that is actually a form... all you have to do is assign values to the specified fields... welll i use php to get stuff like titles and total cost to fill in the fields.... so when the user click checkout... he/she is sent to the payment processing site... there just like a simple transaction, it only gets the total cost and the user sends the payment.... sites also offer return urls and stuff...

well this was my plan to work about it... but when i came up to the return url...i though that i have to send the user the download links in a mail after the user has succesfully paid.... and ....this is where i got stuck....

i really cant come up with a good idea for this part.... i came up with a few... but they arent secure.....

--------

welll if someone thinks there is a way to complete the above idea.... i will be pleased !! and will even pay in "Frih$" to show my appreciation.....

--------

if if the above plan was a total flop..... i guess i need help with ipn.... i tried reading intregation manuals on the payment processing sites...but it went over my head....

so if there is someone here who can brief me and help me out with ipns... and helps me succesfully code and system that uses my existing created cart system to do the payment on the site (on my site if ipn is for this..) and then showing the right download links.....

i will be mooooost pleased.... and give you alot of "Frih$'s"..

please help me with this...

thnx ! Very Happy
chris20
If you are using paypal, then I think it automatically emails the person with an invoice of what they have ordered after they pay for it. I also think they have other developer tools that are more fully featured to integrate shopping cart type systems, however I think these are paid and you would have to research them some on the website.

About IPN's, I personally don't know that much about it, but I think researching more with paypal is a good route since that site can make it quite easy to integrate payments into shopping carts. I had to create something "similar" that used paypal as a checkout format once and just researching on their site helped a lot.

Also, if you need someone to test out the shopping cart, I'd be glad to try it out for you, just private message me if you want to take me up on that offer.
salman_500
hey,

thnx for the reply...

well actually i dont have a paypal account yet... but im trying to convince my dad on getting me one... but i do have stormpay and alert pay.... i think ill be using stormpay untill i get my paypal... but yet again...

well i know about the original cart of the sites...but they link to their own site... and believe me their interface is ....err...ugly... and it looks pretty unprofessional... so i though of having it on my site for as long as possible... an di dont think stormpay has an auto e-mail or somthing...im not really sure....

but ill check...

oh and yea...thnx for the offer... i will need beta testers when my site is completely coded and uplaoded... ill bet there will be errors in it alteast somewhere.... Very Happy ...

someone please put me straight.... really need to get this done !!
thnx !