FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Christmas!

hack_man_
Ho! Ho! Ho! The month of merriment has arrived at last! Almost... I am putting my Christmas tree up as we speak and the cat is already halfway up it! What do you do for Christmas? What traditions do you have? Family or cultural? Our family tradition is to always put the tree up on the 1st of December or sooner and to go SkiDubai! What do you eat, drink do, play, whatever? What is the weather like at Christmas for you?

BTW, post as many funny clips, animations, poems, "1st day of Christmas" parodies, pictures, jokes and anything else that is Christmas related here!

And it would be great if you could also post them to Echogames! Razz See my Sig for more details!
Hunterseaker
I always celebrate Christmas with my family, nice diners etc
And we set up a Christmas tree about 1 week before christmas... And about the weather: I always hope it snow's when it is Christmas tho it almost never snow's in holland on Christmas day.
defnet
I live on the Northcoast of South America, in a tropical climate.
Around this time of the year we are in rainy season, so we have liquit snow Razz. Too bad that I will have to be at work on Christmas (25, 26), unlucky shift. (I work for 2 weeks and then Im home for 1 week | I work far away from home). Usually we would go and visit family, goto churchdinners and other Christmas gatherings and maybe get some gifts. I haven't gotten gifts for a long time BUT now I have gotten used to it. I still have the greatest time ever with my family and friends.
solarwind
What's christmas?

Oh wait, it's that thing that people celebrate. In that case, of course not. Seeing as it has to do with religion. I have no religion. Well, actually, I do (science).
Nameless
I boycott Commercialization day. Guess why.
scotty
solarwind wrote:
What's christmas?

Oh wait, it's that thing that people celebrate. In that case, of course not. Seeing as it has to do with religion. I have no religion. Well, actually, I do (science).

Few people actually relate Chirstmas to religion. People would say family or presents if they were asked what Christmas is for them, only a few people would say religion. (I think.)

My family has a massive Christmas lunch, I love it.
Soulfire
We typically celebrate Thanksgiving at my grandma's house. On Friday, my parents usually shop for the first part of the day - then we crack out the Christmas tree and decorations and begin decorating.

Sometimes we go into the Saturday of decorating. The weekend is the official kickoff to our winter and holiday celebrations.

Then it's some nice movies - Christmas Vacation is a classic. I love watching all the Christmas TV shows, my brother and I make our lists, and it's just a general mood of merriment.

After that - it's pretty much normal until Christmas Eve. We go to my aunt's house (around 6 o'clock in the evening) with the extended family and celebrate with presents, food, fun, and just general family things. Sometimes the kids will all dress up and perform a "Christmas Play" or sing carols.

We usually leave around 10 pm. Oh - and it's usually snowing Smile

Last year (and I hope again this year) we went to mass at midnight between Christmas Eve and Christmas Day at our church. It was beautiful! It was dark, and the choir entered with candles to the tune "Silent Night". It was one of the best masses I've been to

We wake up early Christmas morning - used to be around 3 am, but it's around 8 am now. We open our presents, play with them, don't get out of our pajamas until 3pm. Then we go to my grandma's house (the one we went to for Thanksgiving) and just have family fun.

Then the day after Christmas brings a bit of sadness. It seems like after all the buildup, the climax was too short. It seems like all the holiday cheer just disappears immediately. Then the parties of New Year's Eve and New Year's Day ensue. I'm not too fond of them, although last year we went to my grandma's house (same grandma as Thanksgiving and Christmas day) to celebrate New Year's. It was better than the hotel with a bunch of drunks!
The Master DCK
well we get a tree do some shopping then it is all the same until the week b4 christmas when we all need to get last minute gifts we eat a family dinner go see a movie and thats it
standready
For the past 6 years, my parents go south for winter (this year they left on the Monday before Thanksgiving), I spend Christmas alone. I do not even put up the tree - why bother. Girlfriend and other friends is always with their families as she should be. Sure I get invites but I don't to intrude. I do put out a few outside decorations and setup a beautiful ceramic church inside.

Sorry to be the Grinch. I often ponder this time of year (like George Bailey in "It's A Wonderful Life", if anyone would miss me if I was not ever?
Arseniy
I always celebrate Christmas with my family. We have no such traditions... and... it's great holiday.
BTW, we celebrate it at 7th January.
jylan
We usually go for a holiday to somewhere where our family lives. Then we have a big Christmas dinner or something like that.
jylan
sponge
During Christmas in the Philippines, the people specially the children have to sing Christmas Carols on every home and a money for back. This is a tradition on our country. Every home it lighted with Christmas Lights and other decorations. We have a family traditions, every Christmas, we are putting our Christmas Tree on the put some decorations. Then we will have a nice and wonderful dinner. But, unfortunately I only experience that kind of Christmas last 2002. Because my Dad is working abroad, He didn't always coming every Christmas. He's working in Saudi Arabia which was very far in our Country.
eliasr
PS: young small tiny kids... skip this one, then can you read it after the 24

well, 3 things about christmas i hate ( not to desturp the good air in here )

santa claus bullshit history... who the heck did start telling young chieldrens that back in 16??

paper cutting... genaraly it's that, and not the chrismas stuff to be made

i don't know what to wish .. and the cold

else, the good stuff in the paper stuff, is, when its done, we allreddy got a tree at home... yeah it's nowember, what does parents think of now a days

then the music, and the smell in the city, the lights ,,, and the firewrok for newyear 7 days later

chrismas mods for games... if people still make such. well the most of bf2142 allreaddy is chrismas, the wierd music is there, trees in one map... a lot, snow, firework before newyear ( as usesual) and bodys, wounder if there is a secert bagde for finding and killing santa claus... as does not excist,

lol offtopic there

well, we come together at our place, and get the traditionaly food, dance around the tree ( includeing the dog ... and cats , they just cross it instad, and attack the tree, so funny )
and get pressents

well, i notmay get clothes zzzz, i gotta find something to wish this year.

a girlfriend perhaps... problem for this is,
1 santa is not here.
2 dad and mom would probetly not find one.
3 if any should be found, i got this problem "http://www.frihost.com/forums/vp-494958.html#494958"

have a great chrismans, and remeber, its not santa this is about, but Jesus
Scott
I looove christmas. Moreso winter. I've had a really hectic term at university, can't wait for a break. Snow is also pretty.
funnyerror
I am going to celebrate christmas with my relatives in Connecticut this year. It's is going to be really neat, however, getting there will not be fun, because I am going to fly, which I do not like.

-JC
wendy86
christmas is coming soon , mery christmas to all...
Josso
Yes, indeed. I've put a christmas theme on my forum check it out.

www.josso.co.uk/phpBB2 Laughing

We can't fit a tree in our back room this year, but I will try and make space just in case we can... it's just not the same without a tree Sad
windrei
i am in Hong Kong, China... Christmas here is important, but not as important and big festival as the Lunar New Year... but we can still see a lot of Christmas tress in the streets, shopping malls.... etc. Actually Hong Kong people like playing so much. If it's festival, we are so happy then~~~

to me, Christmas is just a normal holiday, i do not celebrate it. My family does not have this tradition. i think i'll just pass this year Xmas alone.... like previous X'mas.
cybernie
Ho! Ho! Ho! Merry Christmas everybody! It's countdown time! The most joyous time of the year is about to come. Christmas trees are set, gift being prepared. It's about time to forgive and forget the "skirmishes" we have with our fellows. Time to bring back the good old days!

Chirstmas is giving me sleepless nights thinking on what present should I give to loved ones, my friends, my godchildrens... Don't have the budget yet huhuhu!
Blaster
on christmans eve we eat home made progies (where polish). Then we open presents. Also on thanksgiving we always put up our christmas lights. And probley next weekend we will get our christmas tree. And boy i can't wait. But it doesn't seem like christmas is coming so soon. Life seems to be going really fast. but i must say i love the christmas time. It seems so calm with teh christmas music and all.
Drawingguy
I do enjoy Christmas. We don't get a tree for at least a week, though. I'm never too sure why. But today is 23 days away, and tomorrow will be 22, and then *poof* it's here. You have to love that stop-animation rudolph.
Blaster
hmm frihost should get a specail image for the day. I wounder if i make one if bondings will use it. Ahh well see. But yea i can't wait untill its here sort of. I want it to be like that week before. Then it go slow. Thats when school is easy and fun but its still not christmas. It does sure sneek up though Very Happy
mariners100
We have several Christmas's with my family... my sister visits on the 23rd, i go to my grandparents on the 24th, and Christmas day is with my parents or girlfriends family.
skygaia
I would go to see a movie with my wife at christmas holidays. But I can't do that because of my little son.
He is just 2 and half years old now. And we don't have any person who can take care of my son while we go to see a movie..
So.. we will celebrate christmas with my family, my wife and son. Well we might have great dinner and watch videos.. ^^
erlendhg
Josso wrote:
Yes, indeed. I've put a christmas theme on my forum check it out.

www.josso.co.uk/phpBB2 Laughing

Thats chees... I mean cool Razz
crimson_aria
We always spend Christmas Eve with my relatives (father side). The Church is near my grandmother's house. We go to Mass, either with our relatives or only us (my parents and sisters). After that, we wait for 12:00. We eat first before distributing and opening the gifts.

This Christmas, I don't how things will go since some of my relatives and grandmother are not here in the country. They're planning an out of town.. go somewhere fun. Well, I do hope it would be fun.
DoctorBeaver
Bah humbug, and all that.

I used to enjoy Christmas when I was a kit, but these days I just can't be bothered with it. It's no longer a celebration of the birth of Christ, just commercial cynicism. Parking and shopping become the stuff of nightmares.

I celebrate Yule (midwinter solstice) on Dec 21st. I just get together with a few friends. We eat, drink and make merry (as they say) without spending hundreds of pounds on presents that probably wouldn't see the light of day again after the end of January.
kevin briggs
cant believe its just over two weeks away.i loved christmas when i was a kid,now im a father myself it is becoming great all over again just to see the look on my kids faces when they come down the stairs on christmas morning and see what presents santa has left for them.
its so nice to gave back to my kids what i was given when i was growing up by my parents.
love happyness and lots and lots of toys.
J0553
I love christmas, y meet with my family Very Happy
guugu
reindeer meat and potatos is my christmas... no... im not eating rudolf, its some other reindeer...
Eating with family and watching Snowman... thats the plan
ryuchix
i truly love christmas. i love gifts. i love noche buenas. i love the colorful lights and most of all i love the fireworks
shigajet
Where I'm living right now, we're going to have a few Christmas/End Of Year parties, followed by a trip to a hot spring after the big day itself. Aside from that, probably pop in a few Christmas specials in the VCR in the evenings.
monzoncf
Yep. Its 4 days before Christmas. and we almost finish decorating our house. We'll have a nice dinner on Christmas Eve together with my family.
sbel
Family dinners. The usual, with a christmas tree and all, also with the opening of gifts early on the 25th. That's just about it. But nothing beats that feeling of christmas with your family
Teddy1
Merry christmas all and you FriHost!!!!! Very Happy
apple
christmas was never a happy time for me, cause my family....they're....well....always arguing and stuff....
so i have grown used to wanting to spend a nice quiet day by myself.... Crying or Very sad
ilasabba
Merry Christmas everyone. Very Happy

every one of us make this christmas the happiest
defnet
Merry XMas to you to. I hope that y'all have a lot of fun things coming this day. I can't count on it cuz Im sick and I am at work (I only go home tommorow). Sad
But yeah, Im surviving still trying to feel the XMas joy Very Happy
bdoneck
Christmas morning I wake up with my family and we go and open presents together. After thats all done I go to my girlfriends for a while to exchange gifts then to my uncles house for the rest of the day

Merry Christmas to Everyone!
Alias
Merry Christmas to all of Frihost members and staffs! Very Happy

God Bless and Cheers! Wink
pashmina
happy Christmas to all
have a merry day.
Vanilla
defnet wrote:
I live on the Northcoast of South America, in a tropical climate.
Around this time of the year we are in rainy season, so we have liquit snow Razz. Too bad that I will have to be at work on Christmas (25, 26), unlucky shift. (I work for 2 weeks and then Im home for 1 week | I work far away from home). Usually we would go and visit family, goto churchdinners and other Christmas gatherings and maybe get some gifts. I haven't gotten gifts for a long time BUT now I have gotten used to it. I still have the greatest time ever with my family and friends.

Liquid snow, yeah! I live in Brazil, and here is summer time. This means a lot of rain, and my christmas is being very wet as you can see...

Our home is decorate about a month before Christmas and I have dinner with my family. Lots of food and fun. Very Happy
Shaunpez
I am currently spending my christmas with my relatives and with them for many days! they are so cool and fun... I never get to see them often and they make me happy Smile

I believe christmas is a time for happy days and pulling things together!!!
shigajet
Now that Christmas has come and gone over here, all the stores now have the New Year's decorations all over the place. On top of that, people are still in a rush to get somewhere and train stations are becoming more crowded right now.

Good thing I'm spending most of my holidays at home with my family.