FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Electronic waste

ashok
The BBC is reporting that many countries are dumping their e-Waste in poorer African nations. From the article, 'The world's richest nations are dumping hazardous electronic waste on poor African countries, says the head of the UN's Environment Programme (Unep).'

The problem with e-Waste (versus other wastes) is that the gases and chemicals that make up a lot of electronics are particularly harmful for the environment. I suppose nobody takes their computer, TV or Radio to the repair shop anymore since a new one is a fraction of that cost down at the local convenience store.
budiman
There is a lot of problems in dumping Electronics waste, especially in developed countries such as in Europe.

European Union answered the worried by forcing the electronics manufacturer to eliminate Pb from the electronics products so it is easier to be dumped or at least safer to be dumped.

There has been lots of research all over the world especially in UK, about eliminating the Pb from electronics product. The research has been a success, hence without doubt most of the electronics product will be easily dumped without worries.

I hope the electronics product dumped in Africa continental has been free from Pb.
mstreet
I know that in Alberta they now have recycling for old computers and televisions and other electronics. One of the things I do with my old computers especially if I'm just upgrading for the sake of it is donate it. As long as it works and can still use core programs and go on the internet someone out there can use it.