FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Beware!

Have you ever had this virus?
Yes
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
No
87%
 87%  [ 14 ]
Not sure
12%
 12%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 16

PenBuddy
Just be warned of this virus: It is called perfect codec. My comp is safe now but it wasn't easy to get rid of it!.
SamiTheBerber
PenBuddy wrote:
Just be warned of this virus: It is called perfect codec. My comp is safe now but it wasn't easy to get rid of it!.

I haven't had that virus and wont (I use Linux).

You should tell us how you got it. Other might also to know how can get it and avoid it. You should post a method, how to remove perfect codec virus, or link to a webpage, where can find tutorial.
PenBuddy
SamiTheBerber wrote:
PenBuddy wrote:

You should tell us how you got it. Other might also to know how can get it and avoid it. You should post a method, how to remove perfect codec virus, or link to a webpage, where can find tutorial.

Sorry but i don't know how i got it and we had someone round to get rid of it!. I think that it just comes down the line!
ashok
Laughing 100% No... looks like u r the only one affected Surprised
askchris
Here is a description of the virus

Troj/Zlob-WG is a Trojan for the Windows platform. When installed Troj/Zlob-WG displays a fake license agreement for a product called 'Perfect Codec 4.0 Setup'.
SamiTheBerber
askchris wrote:
Here is a description of the virus

Troj/Zlob-WG is a Trojan for the Windows platform. When installed Troj/Zlob-WG displays a fake license agreement for a product called 'Perfect Codec 4.0 Setup'.

Okey, then that is pretty easy to recognize.
SmartIcon
SamiTheBerber wrote:
PenBuddy wrote:

Some people think they use linux and any virus can not harm their system. But I want to say why anti virus companies produce anti virus program for Linux distributions? And some viruses like Win32: Brontok [it is a worm] spread through Linux and windows and cuses harm in windows. Does anybody aware about it?
saskshadowplayers
I cant remember the last time I had a virus... just use a good anti-virus (I use AVG free) play smart, and be able to identify potentially dangerous sites or emails... and you should be too bad. Oh I use windows defender too which is from from the windows download site... Seems to be doing its job.
Teddy1
No i haven't either but then again it would only infect victims that are looking for a "perfect codec" but then again nothing in this world is perfect Wink. I suggest getting codecs from a trusted website like microsoft or something that is deemed trustworthy.
alienjones
SmartIcon wrote:
But I want to say why anti virus companies produce anti virus program for Linux distributions?

First of all to turn peoples fear into money Wink
Second to make sure that Linux users do not hand viruses over to their fellows on windows-machines.
Kd527
I'm a Mac user. Wink