FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Fri$ to Points

ChunkyBustout
I haven't been around in a while and I know I've missed quite a bit but I just wanted to know if Bondings ever decided to let users trade fri$ to points.

Just wondering what to do with the fri$ I have since I don't want a sig or anything.
SpellcasterDX
No, you can't conver frih$ to points. Thought that'd be cool. Laughing
Animal
Ok. Firstly, a search of the forum will turn up several threads where this is suggested. It'll also show up the Things that you MUST not SUGGEST -- READ BEFORE POSTING! thread.

I'll explain this once more:
Frihost is a free web hosting service. We give out hosting accounts and don't charge for users to have them, but these services are not free to us. We need to gain revenue from somewhere - that would be advertising on the forums. The points system means that users have to return to the forums, see and/or click on adverts and generate a revenue so that we can continue paying for the "free" hosting services.

If users could trade points, or pay for points in FRIH$, they would stop visiting the forums, stop seeing ads and we would stop generating income. We would also stop paying for the hosting services and therefore stop providing free hosting accounts.

The points system is there so that users can continue to enjoy free web hosting. We don't ask much - two good posts a week would keep your account active. If this is too much for you to manage then perhaps Frihost is not the best hosting solution for you.

-close-