FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

SERVER 2

hsadmin
I've realized several people post in this forum section saying 'SERVER 2 IS DOWN, HELP!'

I think somone should just alert the mod(s) for now on. I mean really. Look how many posts are here. The server goes down almost everyday.

If I should not be posting this, delete it
wumingsden
hsadmin wrote:
I've realized several people post in this forum section saying 'SERVER 2 IS DOWN, HELP!'

I think somone should just alert the mod(s) for now on. I mean really. Look how many posts are here. The server goes down almost everyday.

If I should not be posting this, delete it

-moved- to suggestions.

Sending the Mods a PM that the server is down will not solve the situation as the Mod's have no control over it. The only one that has the power is bondings, and when the server is down he is usually one of the first to be aware of the problem and he does what he can straight away. If he isn't aware of the problem then he is informed by one of the Mods when he is online.

Also note that its not that the whole server is down. Usually FTP and Directadmin are accessable.

Either way, the Mods are still informed by the polite users that the server is down, and its also extremely hard not to notice the dozens of threads opened on the subject simultaneously.
Blaster
I think there should be a ban on any thread that has the words server 2 down in them in that order.

Me and tidruG said how nice it would be just to ban the people that said that. But then again we would have know one here. Yes this is a joke and the mods won't be doing this but this is to show how ridicolis it is to hear this.
LukeakaDanish
Regardless of what anybody says, I STILL agree, that the stability of server 2 is a major concern.

It MAY BE that its because "apache is restarting", but listen: my users don't know what apache is. They don't care. But they do hate the page not showing when they type the address - and I agree - if there's no page, then the server is down.

Server 2's instability is BY FAR the most crappy thing about frihost. Mad
wumingsden
LukeakaDanish wrote:
Regardless of what anybody says, I STILL agree, that the stability of server 2 is a major concern.

It MAY BE that its because "apache is restarting", but listen: my users don't know what apache is. They don't care. But they do hate the page not showing when they type the address - and I agree - if there's no page, then the server is down.

Server 2's instability is BY FAR the most crappy thing about frihost. Mad

If you don't like it then try and find a better free host. Don't expect us to welcome you back though when you realise that this is the best your gonna get when you want a free host, you may have to beg Wink Very Happy (It's happened before and its bound to happen again)

I've decided to -lock- this thread. The reason being some users already PM the/a Mod('s) and even if we said "Do Not Open Threads Concerning Server 2 Being Down" there'll always be a member that opens a thread about it anyway.
I have opened a thread about it in the Staff forum to discuss the matter. Right now the best solution for this situation is what is currently happenning.

edit: note to LukeakaDanish, i was not being serious.