FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Christmas Ideas

dz9c
Im not sure what I should get my parents this christmas...Ive always gotten them a card or something but now i have a little more cash. my budget is 50-60 and maybe 70 dollars... What are some things I could get them? I know you dont know my parents but still some ideas would help and be appreciated thanks
fingo
I think that getting them separate gifts is key, it shows that you care about each of them as individuals and not just as "my parents."

Also, I think art is a very classy gift (I'm getting my dad a collection of prints, not sure about mom yet)
Idoru
Wow... the 'giving-thingie' of christmas have never really been the thing in my family,
but more the get togeather. Based on that I can only agree that separate gift seems to
bring it more personal, and I'd like to ad one thing in that line of thinking.
Think about what you would appreaciate in their position. And remeber, it's not a
question of money, but of thought. Wink Obviously you've come quite a bit there
since you're asking, but still, only you have the answer.
The Master DCK
usually i get my mom some jewlery or this year i am getting her a laquared rose with a gold stem. and for my dad i always get him something for one of his hobbies such as computers & aqauriums
zjosie729
My family does not celebrate Christmas, and we're pretty poor, but I still hope to give my parents (and my little sister) something. I think something handmade by you would be very special. Smile
The Master DCK
yes homeade always works really nice and that is what i usually get my sisters and that is what i am gonna have to do next year cause i am gonna have some money lost
william
I agree that you should get them separate items. I also agree that making something would be nice.

But, if you were to buy a gift, I would recommend getting something they really like. Since I don't know them, I can't really say anything.

What do they like? What are their hobbies?

By the way, I also have trouble deciding what I want to give anybody. Think
Blaster
Ask them what they want. Thats what i do with my parents. Get them something that they will use. Like i know my dad likes stuff like a surrond sound and stuff like that. The key is you have to ask what they want. Then you can get them the perfect christmas gift. And don't tell them you have a budget. Very Happy
Ghost Rider103
Get your dad an eletric shaver or something, and get your mom some flowers, perfume, and some candy.

I dont know your parents so I just kind of threw some random ideas I had.
Vrythramax
Play it by ear...do they have hobbies they like? Get them something that relates to what they like to do in thier spare time.....to me it shows you care enough to be interested. Smile
bonestorm74
Yeh I have to try and think of something but it can be tricky. This year I'm kinda out of ideas so I hope I can come up with soemthing over the next few weeks.
tijn01
check out this site:
http://www.oxfamunwrapped.com/
you can send a goat to an African, for example.
I'm usually not a fan of big aid organisations, but I think this is a good idea, you get a card to give your family member or friend to show what you've done.
I think its a great way to do something for the world, and not get into the christmas materialistic hooo haa
funnyerror
you should make them something because they love that. *cough* excuse me, um, no really get them something shiney. Parents and most old people love shiney stuff as long as it's small and has a meaning.

-JC
standready
Definitely DO NOT give them a gift card! There is no thought in them.

So many ideas. A video of their favorite movie/actor. Music from their favorite artist. Gift sets of perfume/colonge-aftershave. A planned night out on the town for two (Dinner/show). As already mentioned, something for their hobbies. Ask them! Something different: (www) below.
Vrythramax
standready wrote:
Definitely DO NOT give them a gift card! There is no thought in them.

So many ideas. A video of their favorite movie/actor. Music from their favorite artist. Gift sets of perfume/colonge-aftershave. A planned night out on the town for two (Dinner/show). As already mentioned, something for their hobbies. Ask them! Something different: (www) below.

I tend to disagree, a giftcard shows you want them to have want THEY really want, not what you think they want/need...but, not a good idea for a wife or girlfriend. Wink
Dean_The_Great
For loved ones, give the gift certificates of love. Use photoshop (or even word) and create gift certificates for hugs, massages... or other things, depending on the relationship. Wink They love that stuff.
seanooi
Anything would do just fine.
I'm sure they'd be happy to receive anything from you even if it's just a bottle filled with sand. They'll still appreciate it. Laughing
alkady
dz9c wrote:
Im not sure what I should get my parents this christmas...Ive always gotten them a card or something but now i have a little more cash. my budget is 50-60 and maybe 70 dollars... What are some things I could get them? I know you dont know my parents but still some ideas would help and be appreciated thanks

50-70 Dollars is very limited, but I will try to help. I don't know by Card, you meant you gave them a Christmas Card or a Gift Card, but one thing I can say is Money and Gift Cards are kind of disrespectful gifts because you didn't take the time to put your heart into it. But still, there are those who love the money.

But since your budget is limited, I'd recommend something that will create lasting memories for your parents, I mean when your older and off on your own, they'd really wont be seeing you much and I am sure a unique and memorable present will sure bring back old memories.

I really have no idea of what can be creating such a huge effect, but usually I read articles about people donating money to charity in their loved ones name or sponsoring a child in their name. Heck they even get pets, perhaps you can work on what I left.
sponge
yeah, he's right ^^^
Give your parents a long lasting presents.
Maybe give your parent a family portrait or family picture.
Vrythramax
sponge wrote:
yeah, he's right ^^^
Give your parents a long lasting presents.
Maybe give your parent a family portrait or family picture.

I agree, but don't make it your main gift....that would be too lame. Sad
skygaia
Hm... it's not easy to answer simply...
When I was young, my parents was so happy by just a mail.
I sent my parents a mail with my love. I really loved them but I was not good at saying that. At my mother's birth day, I encouraged and wrote a long mail. it was not a congrtulation card.

I just said that I always appreciated to them and love them.. ^^
that was a great gift for my mother.
TheMasterCheaif
Maybe a nice romantic dinner for two. Question
soulman
oh, I think parents will happy whatever you present them.
Vrythramax
soulman wrote:
oh, I think parents will happy whatever you present them.

No offense, but that's what parents say and act to make you feel better about the lame gift. The romantic dinner for two sounds nice however. Smile
dstrawn
Well i plan to get my mom an electric blanket.

She has been hinting Wink
Dean_The_Great
My parents are the type that don't go out together that often due to their extremely busy lives, so sometimes I will get them a gift certificate for a nice restaurant where they can go and have an evening just to themselves. It's nice to give them something they can do together, as they have such little opportunity to do that regularly.
Chris24
If you have around seventy dollars, you could get them a pretty decent order from Omaha steaks. My kids did it for me one year, and I have asked them to continue to get it for me every year since then.

Don't know if your parents are meat eaters but I really do love getting this gift. Check out the packages they are offering right now, they are pretty decent and you can't beat the taste and quality of the food.

And no I am not an employee of theirs I Just love there food....Just an idea