FRIHOST • FORUMS • SEARCH • FAQ • TOS • BLOGS • COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Is frihost itself on a shared hosting or a dedicated one?

polarBear
While I was on a typically pointless thread around I wondered this:

Is frihost sitting on a dedicated hosting? Do they allow you to install your own upgrades (extra memory, processors, etc) ?

No need to answer, It's just curiosity
Animal
polarBear wrote:
Is frihost sitting on a dedicated hosting?

We have 2 dedicated servers.

polarBear wrote:
Do they allow you to install your own upgrades (extra memory, processors, etc) ?

Yeah, but we need to pay for any additions Wink
polarBear
Awesome. Thanks!
The Master DCK
Sorta on this same topic i have had some bad service with the hosters hoster and i was just wondering what company do you guys get your webhosting from
hsadmin
So, like, could we buy more memory, and send it to bondings or something? Would it be cheaper to go somewhere else?
Bondings
The servers are being rented and there is no way to put your own hardware, like memory, there.

The servers are located in the Savvis datacenter.
Daniel15
Unlike most other free hosts (which use reseller accounts), we actually own two servers Very Happy (well, we're renting them, but for these purposes it's the same thing. The good thing about renting them is that any hardware failures are the data centre's fault. If the server is purchased outright and colocated, then Bondings would be responsible for replacing the hardware. At least, that's what I think Razz)

Quote:
So, like, could we buy more memory, and send it to bondings or something?

Currently, the servers have enough memory for all of our users. If we ever need more memory, Bondings would need to pay to have it installed.
fizzo
Can we use our frih$ for upgrades? or any ways to improve more our awesome hosting? Thanks!
Animal
fizzo wrote:
Can we use our frih$ for upgrades? or any ways to improve more our awesome hosting? Thanks!

In a word... no.
awesty
fizzo wrote:

I can remember hearing somewhere that there was going to be a shop where you could upgrade you hosting. Is that still going to happen?
Marston
Animal wrote:
fizzo wrote:

In a word... no.
Pwn.

Are they colocation servers?
Bondings
Marston wrote:

No they aren't. For more information, read daniel15's post above. Wink
Daniel15
Quote:

No, they're dedicated servers, hosted at the SAVVIS data centre. It's very similar to co-location, except Bondings is renting the servers from the data centre (rather than buying his own, and putting them in the data centre)
Marston
Awhoops. Sorry about that.