FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Bouncing mail

Lilystock
Hi,

Am I the only one? People keep reporting me that their mail to me are bouncing back...

I did think that I was having less emails, but I thought that it was only me..

Is it due to the problem with the server 2? I guess so...

I have a solution because my domain registrar is yahoo and they can be my mail server for free (I only need one), so I've read this in the FAQ here
Quote:
you can select the 1and1 name server and just change the ip address (or A Record). The second option is if you want to either keep email hosting at your domain or you want some one else to host your email (like google.com/hosted).

Which IP address would that be ? Is it this one : 216.32.85.170?
And there is 2 lines with A record (nappypooh.com and www.nappypooh.com)... Am I suppose to change for the 2 lines ?

And what should I do for the Cname?

Thank you!
Lilystock
Hmmm... after reading the help from Yahoo mail, I'm not so sure it would be a good solution anymore though:

- there is no POP
- there is no forwarding
- and I can't reply with my domain address (only the yahoo), it seems.

Anyone has a better solution? I've looked at gmail, but it seems that you have to submit to google apps for domain? I've tried it, but I keep being set back to step one after completing step 2... Sad

Any other suggestions?

Thank you!
Animal
If you want help setting up Google Apps for your Domain (and you trust me Wink) then you could send me your details by PM and I'll set it up for you if you like?