FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Problem in Uploading Avatar!

Freelance GD
When I upload an image to forums or link from any other site, it gives this message

Code:
Warning: move_uploaded_file(./images/avatars/20209518664569c60f89025.jpg) [function.move-uploaded-file]: failed to open stream: Permission denied in /home/freelanc/domains/ztposting.com/public_html/forums/includes/usercp_avatar.php on line 288

Warning: move_uploaded_file() [function.move-uploaded-file]: Unable to move '/tmp/phpM9vuXP' to './images/avatars/20209518664569c60f89025.jpg' in /home/freelanc/domains/ztposting.com/public_html/forums/includes/usercp_avatar.php on line 288

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/freelanc/domains/ztposting.com/public_html/forums/includes/usercp_avatar.php:288) in /home/freelanc/domains/ztposting.com/public_html/forums/includes/page_header.php on line 483

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/freelanc/domains/ztposting.com/public_html/forums/includes/usercp_avatar.php:288) in /home/freelanc/domains/ztposting.com/public_html/forums/includes/page_header.php on line 485

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/freelanc/domains/ztposting.com/public_html/forums/includes/usercp_avatar.php:288) in /home/freelanc/domains/ztposting.com/public_html/forums/includes/page_header.php on line 486

Please tell me how to fix these problems.

Regards
hsadmin
Well, I think that frihost has this issue with some forum types. Mine, I have to upload files by going into the CP. Is it not registering? Like, it doesen't know what the file is? What kind of picture file are you trying to upload? I'm sure someone can figure out that coding.
wumingsden
CHMOD the following folder to 777:

forum_root/images/avatars/

that should fix the "header already send out" problem.
Freelance GD
Yeah there is no problem of registering and the CHMOD is already set to 777 (Defualt). Thanks for your replies in the thread but I am waiting for the solution of the problem.

Hope to see solutions soon.

Regards
wumingsden
Rather you need to set the corect CHMODs, or you need to set the correct option in the ACP concerning, or you have edited the files wrongly.

The headers are sent out in the page_header.php file, have you edit the user_avatar.php file? If so you nay have added a piece of code to send out the errors again or there is empty white space before or after the opening and closing tags of the code.
Freelance GD
I haven't edited anything. I installed the board following the instruction in recommended tutorial given by a moderator here.

I think I installed it in right way but dont know what is the problem. Why I cant upload avatars.

Still no solution.
wumingsden
Freelance GD wrote:
I haven't edited anything. I installed the board following the instruction in recommended tutorial given by a moderator here.

I think I installed it in right way but dont know what is the problem. Why I cant upload avatars.

Still no solution.

I'll try and solve your problem if you PM me your password. I have tried to explain all of the possibilites but my options are pretty limited. I think think it is a CHMOD problem, especially more so if it is a newly installed forum.

So... rather PM me your password, or again re-check to see whether you have the correct CHMOD's
Freelance GD
Okiz. Sending you my password. Hope you will solve this problem. I must have sent a PM to you before. But hah! bad memory...
wumingsden
Sorted out problem

-locked-