FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Gmail Chat NOW in Opera (without masking)

babumuchhala
Yes, folks it now enabled!!!

If you dont have it yet, just clear your cache and cookies and it will be there.

P.S.: GChat has been ON/OFF on me and I have had too clear my cache and cookies again and again, to get it back, whereas my friend Aman, or even my hosted account (mail id for the blog) have had no such problem.
PseudoKnight
Oh, you mean Gmail. I was confused for a second.

That's awesome. I hope they start supporting Opera across the board. It really is a great browser and well deserving of more than it's current share of internet users. I just wish it had extensions. That's the only thing FireFox has on it.
ravi_9793
yes..i too agree wid that.Opera is best at present.Microsoft has tried a lot to make IE7 the best,but they cudnt.
charlieg
Yeah, I definitely agree. Although, IE7's got tabbing now, and its about time.

P.s. - does anybody use google talk? Or am I the only one? Thoughts on better VOIP programs?
jackill
Good, but still waiting for Google Calendar for Opera. I dond't want to use IE :/
desertwind
charlieg wrote:
P.s. - does anybody use google talk? Or am I the only one? Thoughts on better VOIP programs?

Google talk is great. I'm using it at office. I'm using Skype at home, since google talk is not available for GNU/Linux. Voice quality of skype is also great.
william
Yeah, I recently noticed that. I'm really glad that it now works with Opera. I hope that one day, the entire internet will work with Opera. Opera is a great browser with a ton of features. (Gotta love Opera 9 Very Happy ).

Because of the lack of compatibility, I use Firefox a little more than Opera, but I really enjoy using Opera.

Google Talk is also really nice. I was really happy when they intergrated it into Gmail.
tumpat
wait2...i still cannot used that program..how to use that?
babumuchhala
Sorry, guys, for not replying in over a month, been too busy with studies Razz

A complete integration of Google is wat Opera needs most today, and hope Opera 10 (they have a interanal roadmap ready and are working on it) manages it.

@PseudoKnight
Opera has Widgets and can do most of the jobs that firefox extensions do. Plus if u compare features of Opera and FF, it takes tons of extensions to reach that level, and more extensions in FF, the more memory it leaks.