FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

who wants a link exchange ?

davince
Check our site here: http://www.trancion.nl/Links.html

If you want a link exchange, contact the webmaster.
davince
I will place your internet site adress on my site,
and you will place www.trancion.nl on your site.
Thats the idea.
SP360
good idea, only if i had a site Sad Sad then we can exchange links Smile
davince
Maby then a good idea to maken one? Very Happy Wink
Digital Thoth
Dude! Your website hurt my eyes. Razz Seriously though, perhaps you should aim at a certain type of site you want to link exchange with rather than just anyone?
davince
HI,, why its hurting your eye`s ? haha

Its better if a site has a binding subject yess,, thats true.
jayandsilo
I don't want to offend you but your site looks fairly amateurish, like it was made in frontpage or something.

Images have white all around them, the mix of colours on the whole page is bizarre, it's very unstructured, and the music sounds like a transvestite is singing.
Digital Thoth
I was trying to say something similar to that, only without being offensive.

If you want, I'm sure you could find some help in cleaning it up a little. I'd start with taking away the skittles background, cleaning up the images and giving it a more vertical feel. *Shrugs* Just me though.
AG007
I believe your website just needs to be organize. Button all over the place. Wink
Sorry, My website still in construction. I never get to finish it. sigh
plato
borring view!
davince
Is there someone with a positive message about my site ? haha

I do not want a standard site, with a standard lay-out.
Its personal, how you want to make your lay-out.

I have had, multiple positive messages, about the site.
Becuase,, "it not have a STANDARD lay-out",

So I think also, that people not alway`s want a proffesional
site to view. When the content is the same.
plato
davince wrote:

do u think a professional site contains sounds and many marquees?
the professional site is one which loads in about 20 sec with the internet rate at 28.8 kb/s. IS URS?
davince
plato wrote:
davince wrote:

do u think a professional site contains sounds and many marquees?
the professional site is one which loads in about 20 sec with the internet rate at 28.8 kb/s. IS URS?

Listen, its not the issue here,, I do not want to comply with a prof. site.
The message of a site, is important.
Digital Thoth
I think you're misunderstanding the point. If your webpage takes too long to load, a lot of people won't want to wait around for it. I don't know for sure, but I don't think anyone is being vindictive or downright mean.

I suppose that alot of people here, myself included, are used to helping others with small bits of feed back, kind of like pointing out things that weren't noticed by the webmaster. I noticed, however, that you didn't ask for input, just that people view your site. So, I guess you didn't want that. But, keep in mind, people'll do it anyways. Both out of habit, and out of good intention.

But, as we all know, that's the road to damnation!
davince
Digital Thoth wrote:
I think you're misunderstanding the point. If your webpage takes too long to load, a lot of people won't want to wait around for it. I don't know for sure, but I don't think anyone is being vindictive or downright mean.

I suppose that alot of people here, myself included, are used to helping others with small bits of feed back, kind of like pointing out things that weren't noticed by the webmaster. I noticed, however, that you didn't ask for input, just that people view your site. So, I guess you didn't want that. But, keep in mind, people'll do it anyways. Both out of habit, and out of good intention.

But, as we all know, that's the road to damnation!

You are right, but the most people has a mininum connection
of 8mbit overhere in the netherlands. Maby its to much right now.
How long, do you have to waited the first time, you entered my site ?
Digital Thoth
Hmm. Only around 6-8 seconds. Then 6 'need to activate direct X' windows pop up, another 5 seconds and the rest of the page loads.
davince
Digital Thoth wrote:
Hmm. Only around 6-8 seconds. Then 6 'need to activate direct X' windows pop up, another 5 seconds and the rest of the page loads.

What do you advise ?
Digital Thoth
Honestly? I think you've got too much going on. I'd say look at all the posts on here, see if there's an common theme (I.E: scrap the music, change the background, etc) and then see which of those you're most comfortable with. Personally, I don't like embedding music or wild backgrounds to a website. It makes it seem, I dunno, childish.

No offense there, just how websites like that feel. If you want to keep the background, then stretch it and make one fit the entire background instead of tiling them. Your background image isn't meant for that. Also, try to flow with it. If you're going to use such a colorful background image, then use colorful text to make it all go together.

But, personally, I'd scrape the mutli-colored background, make it a simpler image and then go with that. Pick two or three colors you like from it and use those, instead of the entire spectrum.

Also, if you don't have to use any direct-X stuff, I wouldn't. Some people, like me, don't download it, or use it. I normally just close a site down instead of starting it up.

My two cents, you obviously don't need to follow it. But, this time you did ask. Wink
Jaan
Website design not very good. Consider a CMS. People like simple, white, or single colour backgrounds. Content is good, but hard to understand.
davince
Digital Thoth wrote:
Honestly? I think you've got too much going on. I'd say look at all the posts on here, see if there's an common theme (I.E: scrap the music, change the background, etc) and then see which of those you're most comfortable with. Personally, I don't like embedding music or wild backgrounds to a website. It makes it seem, I dunno, childish.

No offense there, just how websites like that feel. If you want to keep the background, then stretch it and make one fit the entire background instead of tiling them. Your background image isn't meant for that. Also, try to flow with it. If you're going to use such a colorful background image, then use colorful text to make it all go together.

But, personally, I'd scrape the mutli-colored background, make it a simpler image and then go with that. Pick two or three colors you like from it and use those, instead of the entire spectrum.

Also, if you don't have to use any direct-X stuff, I wouldn't. Some people, like me, don't download it, or use it. I normally just close a site down instead of starting it up.

My two cents, you obviously don't need to follow it. But, this time you did ask. Wink

This is a good advise, and I`m already considering to apply some
radical changes on the lay-out. Its to busy, but right now, there are also compliments, by people that are not understanding the technical part of making websites. and that is my public, haha.

ok, I rather want to make the site complete with flash, because it
will look very advanced, but I do not have the skills for it.

Within a few weeks, there will be a new interface on my site, thats
a fact. So keep watching, and maby you think its better.

We will see..

thanks for the advise.