FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Lost post on page refresh

LzW-x
Hi, I was in the computer help forum and typing a reply to the topic "partition chaos" when the page suddenly refreshed and I lost every thing I typed!

That err... Well, that really annoyed!!!!

In his scenario corrupted partitions are not uncommon and although complicated, they can be repaired! I have repaired them before and almost done typing him a very long and detailed step-by-step reply on exactly how to repair his problem when every thing just vanished!

Can anything be done about this, or is it just the nature of the forum? I'll try to keep my replies brief in the future if so...

Editing topic because I thought of another question.

Quote:
You are not allowed to dig a topic up without a good reason.

I tried to google it but could not find an answer... Also I read about page refreshes and it may have been caused by a scripted banner rather than the forum itself so I don't know if it can be changed then but still wait to see if anyone replies with any input on this subject.
Animal
The pages don't automatically refresh. Is it possible that you've pressed F5 accidentally? Or perhaps hit a button on your mouse by mistake?