FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Compaq presario 1200 weird stuff

ronald.helpdesk
I have a Compaq Presario 1200, the poor one, got water sinked, a while ago, well, somebody pour water over the keyboard, it got unusable, It's working with an external PS/2 keyboard, but recently it's doing some weird stuff.

every time a system sound plays, it plays twice. And I don't know why.

I need some other info, I really want to fix this laptop, for sentimental reasons, so I want to buy the keyboard, but here in Honduras, C.A., it's quite hard to find spare parts... and I'm looking for some nearby suppliers, maybe some user of the forum is in my zone.
askchris
Hi there, if you go on ebay these parts are readily available from around the world, I had a compaq cd drive shipped from us to uk in under two weeks with minimum effort.
RiCtee
It would probably be more cost-efficient if you buy a new one. Laptop nowadays are pretty cheap. Plus it saves time and hard work. Smile Nevermind my opinion.
tommyjordache
its probably some contacts that are carrosing...an option could be to remove the keyboard & the covers behind it, then gently clean all components with special component liquid & air. It worked for me...

cheers
tom
xodia
ronald.helpdesk wrote:
I have a Compaq Presario 1200, the poor one, got water sinked, a while ago, well, somebody pour water over the keyboard, it got unusable, It's working with an external PS/2 keyboard, but recently it's doing some weird stuff.

I need some other info, I really want to fix this laptop, for sentimental reasons, so I want to buy the keyboard, but here in Honduras, C.A., it's quite hard to find spare parts... and I'm looking for some nearby suppliers, maybe some user of the forum is in my zone.

try installing the sound drivers again.. if it is the keyboard then get a new keyboard simple as...
ronald.helpdesk
xodia wrote:
ronald.helpdesk wrote:

try installing the sound drivers again.. if it is the keyboard then get a new keyboard simple as...

I already did that, with the updated drivers from the manufacturer site... it didn't work... frankly, I haven't got this behavior before... hehe, it's kindda funny... I have an unwanted echo... hahahahahah
flameboy1974
If you just google "Compaq laptop parts" there is a million suppliers out there. This is just one page I found that supplied Compaq keyboards
http://www.sparepartswarehouse.com/Compaq,Laptop,Keyboards.aspx

Hope that helps