FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!


Submitting to all these Web Directories.... any Advantages?





Phil
Lately I've been reading about these Web Directories and how you can submit your site to them. How is this any different from submitting to search engines? And just the fact there's about 3 bazillion of them makes me wonder how effective they really are.
so, any advice on submitting or not submitting?
Ratman2050
If they are good web directories you get quite a few backlinks.

Thats the main point of web directories.
Phil
But how can you tell what is a good directory and what is a bad directory?
And I've seen some cost and some are free. So, do the paid ones offer any advantage over the free ones?
manumiglani
Phil wrote:
Lately I've been reading about these Web Directories and how you can submit your site to them. How is this any different from submitting to search engines? And just the fact there's about 3 bazillion of them makes me wonder how effective they really are.
so, any advice on submitting or not submitting?


Submitting to search engines is different than submitting to directories. In most of the directories, your website will be reviewed by a human editor and if he/she finds it suitable, then only it will be included in the directory.

Submitting or not submitting? It simply depends what do you want to achieve . If you think you can get direct traffic from it, them simply forget it because almost all of the directories will not give u any traffic except some(Dmoz, Yahoo etc.)........ But I believe it is worth submitting to directories. It helps in seo as it builds few backlinks to the site. These backlinks help search engines to find your website at the earliest and could even help you to rank higher and thus will get you indirect traffic. A list of free seo friendly web directories can be found here - http://info.vilesilencer.com/seo-friendly-list.xls

Phil wrote:
But how can you tell what is a good directory and what is a bad directory?
And I've seen some cost and some are free. So, do the paid ones offer any advantage over the free ones?


For this you will simply have to define whats good and whats bad.... Do not care which directory is good or bad. Just care how much link benefit you can get from these directories. Although some seo experts could disagree, but I have always considered google pagerank on this issue. I have always preferred submitting to web directories with higher google pagerank to the websites with lower google pagerank.

The advantage of paid ones is that they specify an exact time period in which they promise to review the website. Also, the paid directories claim that a link from their directory possess higher link juice. Is it true? I can't say.

Do ask me again if it is not clear.
Ratman2050
There over 1,000 free PR directories.
They just have to be found.

My idea is.

Good: PR from 1-10, has pages in google.
Bad: Well, theres a debate on this.
New sites arent neccesarily bad, but are not recommended. So a bad one is one with no links, no pr, no pages indxed, etc.
dude_xyx
Well submitting to directories is one way to get back lines i don't know what are bad directories are, even its worth submitting to new directory because it will gain PR within months.
nappa
Does submitting to a directory would help rasing the google PR ?

I'm not so sure because a web directory is full of links to many sites.

However anyone can answer this would be appreciate...thanks
manumiglani
nappa wrote:
Does submitting to a directory would help rasing the google PR ?

I'm not so sure because a web directory is full of links to many sites.

However anyone can answer this would be appreciate...thanks


Yes
Related topics
Tuts for my site
Master Tutorial on SEO
PHP?
Submissions to Search Engines
Submit to free directories
Website submission
Earn up to 1000FRIH$ to submit my sites to free directories
Which is the best free Website Submitter
Search engine submiter
CMS Web Based Designers
Please i need seo services for this site
What is Highslide JS? It is something you may need and love
Do free web directories actally work
Submit your site and get a dofollow link.
Reply to topic    Frihost Forum Index -> Webmaster and Internet -> SEO and Search Engines

FRIHOST HOME | FAQ | TOS | ABOUT US | CONTACT US | SITE MAP
© 2005-2011 Frihost, forums powered by phpBB.