FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Moderator drop box

Dark_Tiger
Issue: In any number of the rules threads, it requests that we "PM a moderator" if problems arise (thread lock/split requests, spam, etc.) However, PMing one mod seems to me to be a game of blind man's bluff, always hoping that the mop you PMed will see it soon, or at least hasn't just started a 3 month trip away from the computer.

Solution: A "moderator drop box" that all moderators can see, and that users can post to. I think you can set up a phpbb forum like that, but I'm not sure.
wumingsden
Dark_Tiger wrote:
Issue: In any number of the rules threads, it requests that we "PM a moderator" if problems arise (thread lock/split requests, spam, etc.) However, PMing one mod seems to me to be a game of blind man's bluff, always hoping that the mop you PMed will see it soon, or at least hasn't just started a 3 month trip away from the computer.

Solution: A "moderator drop box" that all moderators can see, and that users can post to. I think you can set up a phpbb forum like that, but I'm not sure.

Hmmm ... not exactly sure what you mean.

Do you mean a kind of little forum where users can start a thread and only mods see it?

Its a good idea but I think bondings going to/currently coding a "alert moderators" function. Thats not a very good name to call it but my mind is a blank at the moment - basically a kind of warning system to moderators.
Dark_Tiger
wumingsden wrote:
Hmmm ... not exactly sure what you mean.

Do you mean a kind of little forum where users can start a thread and only mods see it?

Its a good idea but I think bondings going to/currently coding a "alert moderators" function. Thats not a very good name to call it but my mind is a blank at the moment - basically a kind of warning system to moderators.

Pretty much, yah.

I know that there are offical mods that add a "report post" button, but I hadn't thought of that directly.

The reason this occured to me is topic drift. Often topics really need to be split up, but things that happen about 8 posts in and happen gradually are the ones least likely to be caught by the mods. There's no one post to report, and no rule violation to report really.
Arseniy
I think, it's very inconviently. Pm are easier, and for PM you can just put moderators name on some pages.
This "moderator drop box" will be flooded right after opening. So it is not so reliable as PM.
TeenZine
well I herd of it being called a button to report to moderator. Like under your avaitor image.
arkebuzer
Arseniy wrote:
I think, it's very inconviently. Pm are easier, and for PM you can just put moderators name on some pages.
This "moderator drop box" will be flooded right after opening. So it is not so reliable as PM.

Still that depends on whether that mod has time to deal with it. Maybe the mod you messaged allready has a lot to do, while someone else has some spare time.

The drop box would work pretty much the same as a report bad post option, right?
TeenZine
yes just with a diffrent name.
Dark_Tiger
arkebuzer wrote:

Still that depends on whether that mod has time to deal with it. Maybe the mod you messaged allready has a lot to do, while someone else has some spare time.

The drop box would work pretty much the same as a report bad post option, right?

Pretty much, except it'd require a little more effort on the part of the user to report/request moderation and I believe it'd be a lot easier to code.

To access a drop box, you'd have to post to a seperate forum, with a button, you just push a button and walk away. Either would solve the problem.
snowboardalliance
Basically like you can PM to all moderators and one is bound to read it. Couldn't be that hard to add in, like a fake user that you PM and the PM's for this "moderator user" can be read by anyone that is a moderator. If that makes sense
Bondings
There will be an option to report posts/topics/users and it will be visible to all staff members. In the mean time, please use pm's.
Blaster
Really you have to time the mods like i do. Either that or talk to them on msn... but most don't know there msn ids. Pm Animal and Vytramax there the two i see on and alert on stuff I see.