FRIHOST • FORUMS • SEARCH • FAQ • TOS • BLOGS • COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

XP lsass.exe - failure booting

alienjones
Hello again Smile

My laptop suddenly switched to a black screen saying "operating system cannot be loaded". But Windows has already been running several hours when this error occured.

After rebooting the system it loaded up to the windows xp screen and stopped booting there with the error report "Error in lsass.exe - Cannot initialise application." No chance to log-in even not when booting in secure mode - same error there.

I virusscanned from bootable knoppicilin without any results and Windows XP CD doesn't seem to have "repair console". I am quite hopeless right now.

Any idea how to get my system back working again?
anthonygerbils
yeah mate 1st find someone with net and they can download a repair cd off microsoft or boot from xp cd and select install then repair ? hope this helps
alienjones
After exhaustingly searching the web for help without success, I decided to reinstall Windows. Perhaps the error was caused by some kind of worm (relative to sasser) but I'll never know Wink

Thx anyway!
frenchy
Hi i found this info on a web site about the lsass.exe file:

Description:
lsass.exe is a system process of the Microsoft Windows security mechanisms. It specifically deals with local security and login policies. This program is important for the stable and secure running of your computer and should not be terminated.

Note: lsass.exe is a process which is registered as a trojan. This Trojan allows attackers to access your computer from remote locations, stealing passwords, Internet banking and personal data. This process is a security risk and should be removed from your system.

Note: lsass.exe is registered as a downloader. This process usually comes bundled with a virus or spyware and its main role is to do nothing other than download other viruses/spyware to your computer. This process is a security risk and should be removed from your system.
blueray
Hi, you have the choose to enable some feature that made repair windows xp easier. But that have darkside. Let people got date from your computer Shocked

Part 1:
1. )Go start menu => run => gpedit.msc
2. )expand node computer configuration => windows settings => security settings => local policy => security option
3.) on the right panel of the window. Search items called
i) Recovery Console : Allow automatic administrative logon
ii) Recovery Console : Allow floppy copy and access to all drives and all folders.

4.) you can enable both of it or just enable the second one ( i.e. item ii )
This option let you copy files to and from hard drive to removeabe media.
This let you the freedom to modify you hd. Enable or not is optional.

Part 2:
Go a desktop machine and get you copy of files you want to copy and then place it to floppy or any media that easy tranfer to your laptop.

Boot you laptop using windows cd-rom and choose R to recover your computer and a screen that following present you some option. Choose the one labeled Recovery Console and that will send you to a black screen and prompted you to enter you administrative username and password.
Finally, this environment much like ms-dos and you have some command and env option to work with. Any time you want help, just type `HELP`.
Now, you can backup the files that might be corruped and restore it use you floppy copy version.

I don't good in writing and be shorten some step. If it is uncleared.
Please let me knew.
Thanks

Eric,