FRIHOST ē FORUMS ē SEARCH ē FAQ ē TOS ē BLOGS ē COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Your makeup regimen

brilliantbeauty
So girls, we all wear makeup at one point or another, what do you do?

For school: Depending on how tired I am, either nothign or some quick neutral cream eyeshadow and a little mascara with a touch of lipgloss. and if I find any prevalent acne, I'll whip out a bit of concealer (2 min)

For home: nothing (0 min)

For going out: Neutral foundation. eyeliner, more colorful eyeshadow, heavier mascara, and usually neutral lipcolor. (7 min)

And yes, due to the whole "punctuality" thing, I do know how long it takes me to do my makeup.

also, do you guys like matte or shimmer for your eyeshadow? I'm personally a shimmer person.
freecitizen
I like my makeup natural (but, fuk, I still look fabulous).

Foundation (Chanel cream foundation, it's good for you skin and it's great coverage whilst still being very light), chanel peach colored blush - these are my essentials. I could easily go without anything else.

Black thickening mascara (but never clumpy), brownish eyeshadow on the what's it called, I dunno, in the middle? (well blended, natural) And a little white shimmery eyeshadow under the brow. Sometimes black liquid eyeliner above the lashes only when I feel like it...

For lips, MAC lipglass, a nice peachy-pink color. Or a peach/pink colored shimmery lipgloss. Or just a pink lipbalm (my fav).
freecitizen
As for the matte vs. shimmer eyeshadow; matte when my lipgloss is shimmery, shimmery when my lips are understated (not shimmery). Quite simple.
brilliantbeauty
^of course. It's one of those girl rules. Smile you can't look like a disco ball, but you shouldn't look like a faded painting either, you know?
freecitizen
Yeah, I guess. I'd easily do all matte, though.

I HATE, LOATHE glitter.
ThornsOfSorrow
My make-up routine includes nothing for home, and black eyeliner about 30% of the time when I go out (school or anywhere else). I've always looked odd in anything more than just eyeliner, so I tend to just go natural most of the time. I've even been wearing eyeliner less and less these days, partly because I'm lazy and partly because I don't care about how I look as much as I used to.
freecitizen
I think we're like the only three girls on here. haha.

Well. Probably not.
brilliantbeauty
Ah most of the forums I belong to are all girls + a couple of guys. But hey, we provide much needed estrogen Laughing We should start a girls only club. Wink Oh, and of course my bestest internet friend, molly, is here too. Smile *waves*

Yeah, glitter screams "I'm 8 years old" shimmer is nice though. And all matte is nice if you're going somewhere formal, Smile.
Winterborne
I usually wore nothing at all until recently, because I just got this new job selling insurance so I kind of HAVE to look nice.

btw, i love shimmer eyeshadow

I use Almay for everything but my foundation, which is liquid powder from maybeline.

I put on my foundation first, then I put on my eye shadow, which is alwayd purple or blue, and then eyeliner, mascara, then chapstick with moisturizer and gloss from neutragena
justinelovesyou
New girl here Smile I see we're not a lot! Oh well, it's a change from the other forums I post to.

Here's my routine:

For school: undereye concealer (I always have dark circles under my eyes, even if I sleep 10 hours), mascara and sometimes a bit of liner. And powder foundation if I have an "ugly skin" day.

At home: nothing. I'm lazy.

Going out: I like to do the dark eye look... liner all around the eye, dark shimmery eyeshadow (MAC dark soul pigment) on top of the liner. Since I never wear bright or shimmery lipstick (I'm a lipbalm addict lol) I can pull it off without looking like i have "too much" on.

Ah, make-up talk is fun Smile
bassman
Hey girls, I'm actually a girl on my fiance's name. So I was wondering what any of you would suggest for wedding make up. In general, I don't really wear much make up at all- a neutral tone eye shadow, a little concealer if needed, and some powder so I'm not shiny. That's basically it, if that. But I want to do more on for my wedding without going overboard. Does anyone have any suggestions?
prilly_baby
mines quite simple and it has to to be quiiick!

1) wash face and moisturize ( a must must must!)
2) a shimmer or glowing cream for cheek bones and nose (for glowy skin)
3) blush on the apples of cheeks (red or bronze)
4) natural matte eyeshadow (pinks or browns)
5)brown liner (top and bottom)
6)curl lashes
7) mascara (sometimes i skip this cuz i have a bad habit of rubbing my eyes Very Happy)
Cool lipgloss!

I know there's a lot of steps but it really isnt that much
takes me a total 7-8 mins once it gets to be a routine ^^
brilliantbeauty
bassman wrote:
Hey girls, I'm actually a girl on my fiance's name. So I was wondering what any of you would suggest for wedding make up. In general, I don't really wear much make up at all- a neutral tone eye shadow, a little concealer if needed, and some powder so I'm not shiny. That's basically it, if that. But I want to do more on for my wedding without going overboard. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Oh wow, congratulations, it's so great that you're getting married! Very Happy Anyway, what if you put on some lip color? And maybe darken the eyeshadow just a tad? What color is your dress?

justine lovesyou- What kind of undereye concelaer do you use? Recently, I've noticed that I seriously need some, these circles popped out from no where, I swear! *sigh*

prilly- what kind of shimmer? I've had several reccomendations but have yet to find one I like. Smile
wumingsden
I'm a guy, and am proud to wear make up Cool

So, when I stay at home, I don't wear anything.

When I go out I always wear something, but depending on my style of that day.

.... If I decide to dress emo, then I'll style my makeup around that. Takes less than 10min. So, tonnes of eyeliner. My skin in extremely (and naturally) pale anyway so don't need to make it even whiter, just use an extremely light concealer for eyes. If i'm looking like i'm dead I'm that pale then I will apply a extremely small amount of foundation. After coming out of hospital for treatment, i have very bad eyebrows, so if I can be bothered I draw on my own to make them look more fuller. Sometimes I can't be bothered however.

... When I dress conservative it takes about 5mins. I apply a lot of foundation to make me look slightly un-emo-ish, but still wear a small amount of eyeliner. I also apply concealer to hide marks under my eyes.

.... When I decide to look slightly jeffree star-ish [1][2]...

... it takes about 15-25 minutes depending. I do my own make-up and hair, and have learnt what suits my skin type by cause and effect Smile
When I am jeffree star-ish, I also wear mascara, although, to be honest, i really don't need it they are really that long.

Hmmm, yeah, so that's my makeup regime. You all probably wouldn't know it about me, but I guess you do now Wink
prilly_baby
wumingsden - omg no way! thats so awesome. Wow you do really good makeup. I would do more but it takes me hella long. How do you get your make up to stay??

brilliantbeauty - I'm using revlon skin lights right now Smile It's one of my holy grails. Not greasy and the perfect amount of glow ^^
wumingsden
prilly_baby wrote:
wumingsden - omg no way! thats so awesome. Wow you do really good makeup. I would do more but it takes me hella long. How do you get your make up to stay??

That's only an example of the kind of makeup that I sometimes wear, the images (which were a little large so I changed them to links instead) are not of me. However, it's pretty weird, because my friends say that me and him must have been seperated at birth ..... I think I may have to agree, especially because of our fabulous make-up skills Laughing
Practice makes perfect, I believe. If you do it a load of times, you get quicker each and every one (which is why it doesn't take me that long). However, I don't always leave the house with full-on makeup on, but when I do you get other people's opinion thrown in your face, but to be honest, whether it's good or bad, i don't give a damn. I have been like that in a while, due to being ill, so the next time i will will be whilst i'm in amsterdam (i leave on the 18th-19th) so I may post pictures then.
Bluedoll
Whatís makeup ha. Ok, secrets, why not. I grew up with very little makeup but always used a moisturizer/cleanser and that hasnít changed over the years.

I declare pure cool water to be the ultimate purifier externally and internally. I know healthy diet isnít makeup but it does do something for the skin. Alcohol is skin killer. Iíve tried makeup with tea tree oil as a base and its fantastic.

My favorite application is natural colour eye shadow, lip gloss and matching nail polish but donít time using it that would be cruel. I like to make plans while using makeup which isnít that often so its a treat.
m00tmuffin
I actually don't really wear a ton of makeup.../hide! If any at all. Razz A little moisturizer here and there and some clear lipgloss is about as intensive as I ever get. I've always wanted to have someone teach me how to apply and wear it properly; I haven't really ever felt like wanting to learn until recently. I own some makeup but just never make use of it, because it ends up frustrating me more then anything, haha. I'll try something out and then end up washing it all off. I'm going to be nineteen soon and I just feel like it's something I should at least properly know how to do. Razz Any help or advice, ladies? I'm a pretty ivory/pale-skinned girl so I'm not looking for stuff that will make me look overdone, just something simple, or like what sorts of colours would look nice on my skin (in regard to eyeshadow/lip stuff/etc). I usually wear glasses too, so that might factor into it as well. If anyone wants to help me out that'd be much appreciated, maybe I should include a photo if anyone wants to help too, haha. I'm overall pretty clueless here. /big grin
Chalchihuitlicue
I tend to wear a fair amount of makeup, mostly because my skin is naturally rather blotchy, and I hate having freckles on my face (granted, they're pretty faded now, because I don't go outside all that much, and almost never for extended periods of time, but I still hate them). I use mostly Cover Girl products because I'm on the poor side of things right now and I can't afford anything better.

Most of the time, I just wear foundation, powder, and lipstick, with a little bit of eyeliner, but I've started doing a more "elegant gothic" look more often (I used to do it about once a month, now it's more like every other day). None of that trashy white facepaint or anything, just more eyeliner with the addition of (usually green) eyeshadow and mascara, and a darker, cooler toned lipstick, with a dark lipliner. Picture for reference. I used to do brown eyeliner, but I think the black suits my personality more, to be honest.

Random question I'm not sure if anyone can answer or not (and I usually don't think to ask this)... But most mascara makes my eyes itch really bad. Is there some way to prevent this from happening, or is it more probable that I'm just allergic to it?
lady_yavanna
wen i was in high skool (o i sound so old! but really im only 20 Laughing ) i didnt wear any make up, not 2 skool, not ANYWHERE. i just wasnt in2 that whole thing. my group of friends just didnt speak about it at all, we just didnt see a need 2 i guess. but now i look bak on skool fotos and think OMG i shuda worn it!!! but even now, i dont wear much make up. i use a "yellow" concealer under my eyes, as well as a bit on my face near my nose, and i blend it out towards the cheeks. i shud probly use a darker concealer for my face, but am worried bout blendin them both....u c i dont like wearin 2 much on my face coz i dont like the feelin and my skin is a lil blotchy.

i also wear black eyeliner wen i go out, but only on the bottom lashline, as i feel thats all i need. i used 2 use a liquid 1 but now i use pencil coz it kept runnin. which do u think is best?

also wud like to no what make up/colours we asian ladies shud use. am still tryin 2 learn about make up, esp eyeshadows and mascara (it always smudges!!! but i think its coz my lashes point "down" alot Confused )
sondosia
I always do the same thing: either brown or purple eyeshadow (depending on my outfit) and thick black mascara. Sometimes I use lip gloss, too, but usually not because I have band in the morning and playing an instrument when you're wearing lip gloss sucks.

~M~
brilliantbeauty
m00tmuffin wrote:
I actually don't really wear a ton of makeup.../hide! If any at all. Razz A little moisturizer here and there and some clear lipgloss is about as intensive as I ever get. I've always wanted to have someone teach me how to apply and wear it properly; I haven't really ever felt like wanting to learn until recently. I own some makeup but just never make use of it, because it ends up frustrating me more then anything, haha. I'll try something out and then end up washing it all off. I'm going to be nineteen soon and I just feel like it's something I should at least properly know how to do. Razz Any help or advice, ladies? I'm a pretty ivory/pale-skinned girl so I'm not looking for stuff that will make me look overdone, just something simple, or like what sorts of colours would look nice on my skin (in regard to eyeshadow/lip stuff/etc). I usually wear glasses too, so that might factor into it as well. If anyone wants to help me out that'd be much appreciated, maybe I should include a photo if anyone wants to help too, haha. I'm overall pretty clueless here. /big grin

Agh. I always envied you ivory skinned girls. All colors pop on you. Smile You can pull off pretty much anything, so long is its not too heavy or dark. I wouldn't reccomend smoky eye though, unless its something really special. A bit of bronzer, lip gloss, mascara, and eyeshadow goes a long way. Razz
tijn01
Why would a 'brilliantbeauty" need make up?
Throw it all away, save your money and become truly beautiful!!!!!
Chalchihuitlicue
brilliantbeauty wrote:

Agh. I always envied you ivory skinned girls. All colors pop on you. Smile You can pull off pretty much anything, so long is its not too heavy or dark. I wouldn't reccomend smoky eye though, unless its something really special. A bit of bronzer, lip gloss, mascara, and eyeshadow goes a long way. Razz

Colors may pop on people with lighter skin, but that also means that colors look bad a lot more often. Maybe it's just that other pale people I've met are trying to hard to fit in with how darker-skinned people do their makeup, but some people really need to realize that ultra bright colors do NOT work well with pale skin.
meet in rio
[I have removed this message.]
riv_
I just don't undrstand the whole makedup thing. I'm super pale (and a bit of a tomboy to boot) so I look absolutely freakish in makeup.
Last week, i wore the teeniest bit of brown mascara, and ilooked like I'd been punched in the face.
So my makeup routine?
1)wash and moisturize: 30sec
2)brush hair: 1min
3)chapstick: 5 sec.
Total: 1min, 35sec.
I don't know how you do it. I'm hopeless, i think!
iinteam
My routine is real simple right now...nothing at home, and when I go out, either nothing or some Maybelline Pure liquid foundation (in Classic Ivory) and lip gloss. Presto!
vanille
I like to keep things natural so I stick to lip gloss and eyeliner. I just use very colorful eyeliner, like blue or purple. I don't like how smudgy/sticky heavy make up can feel after a long time in hot weather and I live in a tropical country.
PennyLane
I always wear eyeliner. I just don't go out without it. Then some concealer to cover up blemishes and during winter I always wear foundation, because otherwise I look so pale that people think I'm sick...
For a party I wear mascara and lipstick and at home (if none of my friends come) I'll just wear nothing...
bvonb
I used to take forever to put on foundation and powder and whatnot, my face just kinda needs thick coverage. But a couple of months ago i tried mineral powder (not even Bare Minerals - Maybelline Mineral Power) and it's so freakin amazing!! it takes like 2 minutes, slap on some eyeliner, some shiny shadow and a light gloss and its on! Plus after just a few weeks of using it my skin got clearer and more even-toned. Can't really go wrong with that. The only problem with that particular brand is there is no brush container to take it on the go.
wumingsden
bvonb wrote:
I used to take forever to put on foundation and powder and whatnot, my face just kinda needs thick coverage. But a couple of months ago i tried mineral powder (not even Bare Minerals - Maybelline Mineral Power) and it's so freakin amazing!! it takes like 2 minutes, slap on some eyeliner, some shiny shadow and a light gloss and its on! Plus after just a few weeks of using it my skin got clearer and more even-toned. Can't really go wrong with that. The only problem with that particular brand is there is no brush container to take it on the go.

I've tried mineral powder and it just make my skin look dodgy. Like really dodgy, so uneven and completely un-natural looking.
Do you recommend I try Maybelline Mineral Pow(d)er? Because at the moment I have concealer, foundation and powder. It takes its time.

A little update. My makeup style has changed slightly.
In the below pic I'm using porcelain all-over coverage (i think mac), a random blusher of my mums that she gave me, black&purple mineral powder (who I can't advertise), and a very light lipstick. Oh, and I filled in the eyebrows to make them look fuller.
my skin doesn't look that amazing, but the pic is unedited.

On a slightly seperate subject, I'm thinking about completely removing my eyebrows and draw them on instead. Do you think its a good or bad idea?