FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Nearly all men can stand adversity

Rico
Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power. Abraham Lincoln

How many people like this do you know?

PS. Not Abe, the character thing.
Pikokola
adversity?
what's that? at first I read it advertisy ...
uh oh... darn it, I can't find it in my dictionary
Keran
Damn i wish i could be smart enough to understand the question of this topic...
Do you mean something like, a true character of a person reveals only when he gets enough power to control things?
I know few people like that, one of them was me, but having power didn't turned me into a bad thing, it was used to help other people ;]
I hope this was what you meant
arkebuzer
I think its true.
I mean, its allways very easy to be politically correct and all when you dont have any power or need to make and decissions. But once you get the power to do that you might not be able to stand up for what you said you would do...
For example a lot of people say like "If I won 1,000,000$ Id give it all to poor people in africa", but if you really get that kind of cash you would most likely just turn greedy. Same thing goes with power.
raaeft1
Women too can stand up to or face adversity and in my experience sometimes they can face difficulties or problems even better than us as they have even more resilience and patience.
twisthigh
I don't know many people like that, most people I know who get power only mess up, look at the President... a lot of people simply can't handle it... I completely agree that this is a true judge of character, cause if someome gets a wack of power and doesn't get corrupted, he or she is alright in my book...