FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Rurouni Kenshin

themarauder
OMG! I just finsihed watchin all 96 episodes of Rurouni Kenshin and it rocked.

Summary:
This samurai anime takes place during the Meiji Era in Feudal Japan. It follows the story of Kenshin Himura, a rurouni trying to outrun the life he led ten years ago when he was known as the Battousai, the greatest killer of the Edo dynasty and the assassin who helped bring about the downfall of the Tokugawa shogunate. Wherever Kenshin travels, he encounters people who either wish to kill him for changing the balance of power, or hire him for his incredible skills. But Kenshin has vowed never to kill again and now carries a sword with the blade on the inside of the curve, drawing it only when he has to and always leaving his opponents alive.
He then walks into a village where he meets a girl called Kaoru who he saves. She inites him to stay for a while and thats how the adventures begin Very Happy

Hope you guys like it
dzign
I really like this anime. The storyline is good, and I like when Kenshin said " oro .. ", such a cute face Smile Can you image, someone with that cute face is actually Battosai. But I guess, the anime is not as complete as the Manga, or maybe I'm wrong Smile
QrafTee
dzign wrote:
I really like this anime. The storyline is good, and I like when Kenshin said " oro .. ", such a cute face Smile Can you image, someone with that cute face is actually Battosai. But I guess, the anime is not as complete as the Manga, or maybe I'm wrong Smile

Actually after Kenshin faced crispy fried wannabe Battousai, it diverts from the manga after the fillers ruined the storyline and so the anime ended earlier. That's the reason I stopped watching after that "saga."
dzign
Ooo .... that's so unfortunate Sad I guess, the fighting againts Kenshin's wife's brother will be more exciting to watch, but what can I say Smile

I'm still waiting for the Kenshin's son story Smile Or maybe, Kenshin's student ( to be exact, Kenshin's wife's student ) heheheh, just can't remember his name
missdixy
This is honestly my favortie anime of all time! Sure there are little anime obsessions I go through with other animes...but Kenshin is just....always dear to me!

Love the story line, love the setting, love all the characters, LOVE kenshin, love it all so much ^^
zplitstonez
hello everyone
Good day.

kenshi. the batousai slasher...
well, he's quite famous here
in the philippines.
it's a very good cartoon movie,
i like it's graphics, the way they
render color and proportions to the
characters.

I like also its story,
love, war, trust, etc.
I also like, Ayoshi.

Nice movie. watch it.
I wish there will be also some 3d
animation of this cartoon,
just like the final fantasy one,
i'm sure it will be a blockbuster hit.

Thank you.
GOD bless Frihost community.
Man + GOD = MAJORITY
jayrelle
Samurai X/ Ruruonin Kenshin is definetly one of the most popular anime ever! the story is great, the characters are cute, humorous and of course the action! Besides the series, I also love the OVA but unfortunately, I wasnt able to watch the second OVA.. Crying or Very sad
koga1211
RK is the best Show ever...atleast to me ^^; and I thought there were only 95 episodes ?_? anyway I own Season on and two on dvd. I watch it like crazy ^_^
urangkayo
yup, this is a great anime for me

i really love to watch this anime, have a good story, nice character, and great samurai with nice heart Very Happy

i like watch when kenshin with his suhu and when he fight with sishio, it very2 great fight
jasmine
What can I say? Rurouni Kenshin is on the 'pedestal'! XD

I mean, who doesn't know Samurai X?! Really. LOL

Samurai X is already a saga, an epic, a legend of its own. And it will remain as i is for future anime fanatics. Very Happy
Chalchihuitlicue
Rurouni Kenshin is a truly awesome anime! I haven't seen most of the filler part of it (I saw to the end of the Shishio arc, then skipped to the last 9 or so episodes), but I loved all of it that I saw. My favourite character other than Kenshin was Sanosuke, but I liked Megumi a lot too (I even cosplayed her for Halloween once...).

I watched it when it was on Cartoon Network, when it was on either right before or right after YuYu Hakusho (I can't remember anymore)... And my mother would always assume they were the same show, because she somehow confused Kurama and Kenshin. Laughing
jeconiah
jayrelle wrote:
Samurai X/ Ruruonin Kenshin is definetly one of the most popular anime ever! the story is great, the characters are cute, humorous and of course the action! Besides the series, I also love the OVA but unfortunately, I wasnt able to watch the second OVA.. Crying or Very sad

@jayrelle
napanood mo pla ang OVA??

@all
i like the technics of kenshin, and his second name BATOUSAI,
BATOUSAI means killer of knights (am i right??)
Seiji
I wasn't able to watch all 96 episodes since I already knew the outcome. Kaoru sort of ruined Rurouni Kenshin. I even find my times mad at Kenshin sometimes. If it didn't get soft the series would have been awesome. I would have liked to see Kenshin go crazy.
thehunterstan
Now Rurouni Kenshin has just got to be one of the best animes out there. I've read all of the books up to Vol. 28 which is the end. There won't be a complete story from what I heard yet about Yahiko but they had a little short story at the end of the 28th volume along with a few other special things. The anime of Rurouni Kenshin is what really got me started watching anime along with Gundam Wing. Smile
Kenichi
I've recently been watching this myself this week. I'm right after the episode kenshin gets a new sword so he can fight shishio's henchmen. I am loving it so far. Great stuff that I completely recommend.
web-geek
I love kenshin!!!!! My first anime and I love it to death. the OVAs rock my socks and... I probly know too much about it for my own good -_-

oh well!

ya my favorit episode is where kenshin gets the last blade made by that swordsmith..... I think its called the "holy sword" cuz it was his last one... but I cant remember at the moment. The fight with the spiked hair guy or "broom-head" as sanoske calls him is probly the 2nd best fight in the series.

that is a really good part of the series.
animassacre

yea, it's prity owsome, but i woudn't put
it on top 10 (it is 1st in anidb).

This is my favourite anime. I like it because of the characters. Sometimes i can see myself when watching Yahiko arguing with Kaoru :d...
exarkun
Anyone know how many volume of the manga is there? I have watched some part of it and is totally awed by all his moves and the cute character!
varon
exarkun wrote:
Anyone know how many volume of the manga is there? I have watched some part of it and is totally awed by all his moves and the cute character!

There are 28, I think. I remember downloading them like mad from scanlation sites. Very Happy That is, before Viz (or what company that is) licensed it and ruined the translation really badly.

Amazing, almost 10 (10?) years later and this manga/anime is still phenomenal.
crimson_aria
^ because Rurouni Kenshin is one of the best out there. A really great anime.
grain
after seeing the episodes, I saw the first OVA which tells how he got the X shaped scar. really changes the way I looked at kenshin.

Indeed one of the best anime series ever made.
PBShop
I like it and a while ago I bean to watch it but I couldn't find it anywhere anymore.
frak49
just try emule for animes ^^
& your favorite shop for books ;p
syntax101
is is true that the creator(artist) of samurai x is dead? Nobuhiro Watsuki or was it the one who draws the samurai x? i am really confused? because there was difference in the episode where kenshin is a little bit different from the original drawing i am referring to the series/
blk3
SPOILER ALERT:

Yes, the series is good, but the few last episodes that were ever made of the series were not that good. They didnt end it like in the manga where Kenshins last fight is with the brother of his first wife. If you're into Samurai X or Ruroni Kenshin you'd better watch the OVAs too, like the one that tells the tale of how he got that X mark on his face and about his first wife. Also there is another OVA that tells what happens after the fight with Enishi (I think thats the name of his wfirst wife's brother if I remeber correcly). And this other OVA gives some story as to what happened to all the other characters, (also Kenshin had a son named Kenji). And it also shows how he died (you might expect in a battle but youre wrong) , you have to watch it to know.