FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!


Free .info?





reddishblue
Hi, everyone always says that its easy to get a free .info, but I have been largely unable (well not at all) to get one, could someone please direct me to a place where you can get one.

Thanks

Reddish Blue
Arseniy
All this info about free .info Smile is FALSE. There is no free top domain name without pay or posts or points or referrers (except .tk). Some third level domains are free (uni.cc, org.ua, co.nr) but there is NO absolutely FREE top level domain name. Remember it. Even .info .
P.S. .info is costing $4 on some servers. What is reason to search free .info? Confused
Hobbit
They're 0.89 cents, but I forgot the website.
Animal
Arseniy wrote:
All this info about free .info Smile is FALSE. There is no free top domain name without pay or posts or points or referrers (except .tk).

Actually, you're wrong. At one point, 1&1 were giving out free .info domains for one year. The promotion seems to have ended for now though.
Traveller
Animal wrote:
Actually, you're wrong. At one point, 1&1 were giving out free .info domains for one year. The promotion seems to have ended for now though.

Even farther back, 1&1 were giving out free hosting accounts with full features, and they were free for three years! Unfortunately, THAT offer is no longer available, either, but it was nice while it lasted.
Arseniy
I mean right now is no such offers. Maybe earlier they was, but not right now. I know that d4free.com or .net offers free top-level domain name, but you must get 200 points and only then domain. Bore...
reddishblue
Well the reason im trying to get anything for free is because without asking my parents to do it (who are very very reluctant to try internet shopping) is because there is no other way for me to get one.
Animal
reddishblue wrote:
Well the reason im trying to get anything for free is because without asking my parents to do it (who are very very reluctant to try internet shopping) is because there is no other way for me to get one.

Do you not have a PayPal account? Several domain registrars accept PayPal.
reddishblue
Don't you need a card or be over 18 to get one?
Animal
reddishblue wrote:
Don't you need a card or be over 18 to get one?

I think you can use it direct from your bank account. I'm not sure about the over 18 clause, but with some of the child-users around on eBay these days, I'd be surprised if they're strict about users being over 18.
Josso
Well the spam bots are well known for getting hold of .info domains, I'm not sure why this is.
Hobbit
Josso wrote:
Well the spam bots are well known for getting hold of .info domains, I'm not sure why this is.

Because it's cheap, and if you get blacklisted then you didn't lose much money.

And I'm pretty sure you can get one with your debit card. I'm 17 and I buy domains all the time, it's the same thing as a credit card.
Traveller
Unfortunately (getting back to the original question), I have not been able to find any offers for free .info domains that are still in effect. Good luck, and if you DO find one, be sure to post it here, since it's obvious something for which people are looking. Of course, just be sure not to post a referral/affiliate/associate link to it, as so many people try to do when they find such things.

Edit: I did some searching, and didn't find any free .info domains, but I found something that appears to be inexpensive for the first year, and even pretty decent for subsequent years. I've posted a separate topic for it, since it is not really about free .info domains: http://www.frihost.com/forums/vt-59040.html
TeenZine
You can bid for one on my auction. I earned the money via referal link clicks for it. Your welcome to bid in frih$ for it.
Traveller
Okay. Here's a good deal with which to get started.

DomainDiscover is offering .info domains for 88 cents for the first year. After that, they are $16/yr, which is more than some but less than others. Still, after a year, you may be able to find a cheaper registrar to whom you can transfer the domain.

Unlike so many others that I saw, this one does NOT require the purchase of any additional products or services, so if you register one .info domain, your total invoice is exactly $0.88.

Unfortunately, they do not take PayPal - just credit cards or checking account (the latter of which I would never recommend, except through PayPal), but you do have the option of not allowing the renewal charge to be automatic.

Good luck!
reddishblue
TeenZine wrote:
You can bid for one on my auction. I earned the money via referal link clicks for it. Your welcome to bid in frih$ for it.

Yeah I am now bidding in the auction, I am winning at the moment but I don't think I have enough Frih$ to win Sad
Related topics
EU domains ready to register in 2006
Does anyone know.....
How-to make people visit you site
Where can I find a free domain?
free .info domains
what do you think about .info domains
[help]Dominio .info gratis
Free .info domain!!!
free .info registration... problem
Cheap domains for charities?
Free .info Domains Names (LIMITED TIME OFFER)
Free Info On Mobile Antivirus
One Free .info up for grabs!
GoDaddy $0.99 .COM Domains Plus free .INFO!
Reply to topic    Frihost Forum Index -> Webmaster and Internet -> Domain Names

FRIHOST HOME | FAQ | TOS | ABOUT US | CONTACT US | SITE MAP
© 2005-2011 Frihost, forums powered by phpBB.