FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Harry Potter 7

Dragonfly-online
I would just like to start a thread on the new Harry potter book coming out on [speculated] July 7 of next year. If you read some articles on it, and you have previously read the first 6, than you, as i am, are probably very... enthusiastic about th upcoming release. I believe the book will probably have to be very large to tie up all of the loose ends from the previous couple of books.
xkobram
Dragonfly-online wrote:
I would just like to start a thread on the new Harry potter book coming out on [speculated] July 7 of next year. If you read some articles on it, and you have previously read the first 6, than you, as i am, are probably very... enthusiastic about th upcoming release. I believe the book will probably have to be very large to tie up all of the loose ends from the previous couple of books.

O dunno, but i think she should write faster Very Happy Wink
INeedHelp
Yeah, I have heard rumors speculating that release day. It would be pretty cool being 7/7/07, as seven is the most powerful magical number. Harry has a lot of horcruxes (*SPOILERS*...............................................four more? I think that is how many...The locket, the cub, the snake, and Voldemort himself) to find, and a final battle between Voldemort himself before the book can end, so yeah it should be pretty darn long. So, do you think Harry will be kept alive, or do you think that both he and Voldemort will perish in the last battle? I have also heard rumors that J.K. wants to kill Harry off so that no one else can write books about him...Who knows...
ratface
oh yes, im so excited. although i was thoroughtly dissapointed by the movie, the fourth one that is!

oh well, JK wont let me down! of course i can see why she would want to kill harry off, although i hope she doesn't. what an end it would be to our favourite hero eh?!

although perhaps its the only way, well thats what everyone thinks i believe, that harry must die to kill voldemort. and because everyone is thinking it i hope JK can come up with something a little different!! i wonder if she will ever go on to write anything else? apart from the potter series that it?
BlackSkad
As of yesterday, JK Rowling released the title of the seventh book. You can find the title on her website, behind the mysterious door, which has, once again, been unlocked.
For those who can not wait, or do not want to hack their way through the riddles, the title is -->Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows<--
Happy speculating...
brilliantbeauty
I just cant imagine that 7/7/07 would be the release date (not to mention its oddly close to the release date of the OOTP movie), it jsut seems too soon. But then agian, she did release the title yesterday, and judging on the previous pattern, it could be. Smile

Despite the very ambiguous and melodramatic title, I am SO excited. She has left us all with many many questions, and simply put, I wanna know what happens!

I personally think that Harry and Voldemort would both have to die for it to make sense, and so she isn't being begged for more books.

Quote:
i wonder if she will ever go on to write anything else? apart from the potter series that it?

It's been rumoured she plans on doing adult ficiton under a psuedonym after HP. Smile

Being the Potterhead I am, I listen to both mugglecast and pottercast, and there is so much that needs to be tied up. Where do you guys think the final battle will be?

I'm going with Godric's Hollow. Of course, Hogwarts comes in a close second.
imera
I must just say that whatever I say here, I don't mean it in a bad way, I love the books. So whatever I might say, I like them all, in their own way.

I hate book nr 6, well writen but I hate how it went on and the end. She destroyed my favourite characters as I was thinking about them. Book seen will be great, alot of new stuff and things I hope will and will not happend.

My favourite book was number five, and four, but five was the best.
What I didn't quite like with book number six was that it didn't end like the other books. In the other books you didn't quite know what would happend, we knew that he would have to kill Voldebort, and that stuff, but it ended in a special way.

And if Harry Potter should die, yes. But still, it's a magic world so he can come back if people would like to. But then it will leave Voldemort and if he can come back, I think that there will be alot of love from friends and stuff like that for someone to come back.

I also like to read fan-fiction, many talents out there in the world. There is those stories that is written after like book six came, but happends like the book never came out, like it didn't exist. So there is those that ignore it because it didn't end like they would like to and stuff. And there is those that uses some stuff from book six that we didn't know about before to complete their story, but living out the stuff that they hated.

I had also read somewhere that she wouldn't write any other books, so I guess she won't, she is a woman of her word.
HalfBloodPrince
My brother has agreed to take me to Chapters book-store at midnight the day before the book is released because I plan to be one of the first fifty thousand people in the world to read it.
RoughitforGreen247
Was anybody else confused by the part in the sixth book when Dumbledore talks about which Horcruxes are left. At first he says he is sure that Voldemort doesn't have anything of Gryffindor's, but for the rest of the book Harry keeps saying that he has to find something of Hufflepuff's or Gryffindor's. Probably a hole got through, but which one do we believe?
imera
RoughitforGreen247 wrote:
At first he says he is sure that Voldemort doesn't have anything of Gryffindor's, but for the rest of the book Harry keeps saying that he has to find something of Hufflepuff's or Gryffindor's.

I have spend some time on hp-lexicon now and came over that part and had to read it. so everything I write is refering from there.

Quote:
some artifact of Godric Gryffindor
The only two artifacts of Godric Gryffindor definitely known to exist are the sword Harry used to kill the basilisk and the Sorting Hat, both of which are kept in the headmaster's office at Hogwarts at present. It is not stated in canon where the sword was prior to Harry pulling it out of the Sorting Hat in the Chamber of Secrets, so it is not known whether Voldemort ever had access to it in the years before his attack on the Potters. However, since Albus Dumbledore had regular access to both the sword and the Hat for years, and since both were actually kept in his office, it seems somewhat unlikely that he would not detect unusual enchantments on them, particularly once he was on the lookout for Horcruxes.

What I can make out of that is that the most known hings don't need to be any horcruxes. But there is posible that there is other things that hary was talking about. I bet that he knew the hat and sword were in the office so he had to find something else that could possibly be Gryffindor's.

Quote:
If the door with the griffin knocker turns out to be a Gryffindor artifact of some kind, it would require quite a bit of explanation as to how Dumbledore could overlook it.

I guess it's on the door into the headmasters office, another posibility.

There is also a essay; "Fawkes and Gryffindor" by Phyllis D. Morris that has an idea that Fawkes could belong to Gryffindor witch can make him a posible horcrux, but he has been in the office with the hat and sword also.

What is most important is to remember that Rowling has an evil mind, who knows what she will give us. I'm not even sure that it's something by Gryffindor either, who knows.

Hope this helped a bit
pashmina
JK rowling had said that one character is going to die in the book7 which character do you think will die
1. harry
2.ron
3.hermione
4.voldemode
FunDa
Quote:
JK rowling had said that one character is going to die in the book7 which character do you think will die
1. harry
2.ron
3.hermione
4.voldemort

I thought Voldemort would be definitely killed

Other than Voldemort ?

Now that Dumbledore was killed off like that (poof! ), I guess that even Ron might be done in like that too ...

But did Dumbledore really die ?

If he did, my guess is Ron Weasley.
Afaceinthematrix
RoughitforGreen247 wrote:
Was anybody else confused by the part in the sixth book when Dumbledore talks about which Horcruxes are left. At first he says he is sure that Voldemort doesn't have anything of Gryffindor's, but for the rest of the book Harry keeps saying that he has to find something of Hufflepuff's or Gryffindor's. Probably a hole got through, but which one do we believe?

He said that he was pretty sure that Voldemort never acheived his ambition of creating a Horcrux out of the four founding fathers. They are sure that he made out a Slytherin (locket) and Hufflepuff (cup) relic... so that leaves just Gryffindor and Ravenclaw... Now nothing is concrete... he was just bouncing off ideas saying well maybe Voldemort got one of them.. so that leaves Gryffindor and Ravenclaw... it's probably not Gryffindor and may not even be Ravenclaw... they were basically just bouncing off ideas... it may not even be either of them...
johnkimb5
I'm really excited about the book!!! It's gonna be called Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows btw. I really like how JKR added the Horcruxes to make the series even more interesting. And that someone would die in the book... I'm thinking it might be Harry *maybe*??? Anything could happen, just like FunDa said, so who knows???
GameFreak
There's a big rumour around that Harry's a Horcrux and therefore, he'll have to kill himself.

Some people think that this is wrong as then "why would the Dark Lord want to destroy his own Horcrux?". Well, to answer them, I would say that "the Dark Lord himself doesn't know that he made Harry a Horcrux on that fateful night".
Coclus
Whatever all those speculations say... i ll just read it and not really think about it before...
jds10912
i had a large discussion in english class about the last book
my teacher [and i side with him on this] believes that dumbledore is not dead
there is a lot of evidence saying so, but then i guess that she [Rowling] said that he is dead
but maybe hes like a pheonix in that he is in fact dead and then rises again
and im pretty sure that ron doesnt die, i remember an interview a while ago she said that she wouldnt kill him