FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Email help

SpellcasterDX
My inbox for my email account, spellcas@sdx.frih.net seems to be getting bombed with emails, and I can't access that email. If I try to login, I need a password, but I can't get one, cause I can't edit that email account. So there's no possible way to login. It seems to be taking up a lot of webspace, and since I can't login to delete the emails, I'm losing my webspace because the inbox is getting full, and with no quota, well, it just keeps taking up space in the inbox, and my webspace is going down. Already it's at 30MB, and I'm sure it should only be at about 16-25MB. What can I do? Could someone please help?
Animal
If you can't access any of the emails in your inbox, try connecting to the server using a POP mail client such as Outlook Express or [url=http://www.mozilla.com/thunderbird0Mozilla Thunderbird[/url]. This will download all the emails to your hard disk and delete them from the server.

You really should be able to access the email address using webmail though - go to http://www.frih.net/squirrelmail and log in using the following:
username: spellcas
password: your DirectAdmin pass

Let me know if you're still having problems.
SpellcasterDX
Yes, still have problems. I tried my DirectAdmin password, but I got an error:
Quote:
Unknown user or password incorrect.

Confused
Animal
Did you try using the pop software?

If there's nothing in the inbox that you need (eg. you're not using the email address), you can log into DirectAdmin, select "Email Accounts" under Email Management and there is an option to empty the inbox or other folders.
SpellcasterDX
Ok, I emptied the inbox of that account. I can't believe I didn't think of that. Embarassed
Anyway, it seems I was right. The inbox of that email account was taking up quite a bit of space. 12 MB! Thanks for the help, Animal. Very Happy
Animal
SpellcasterDX wrote:
Thanks for the help, Animal. Very Happy

No problem! Wink

I'll -close- this topic since the problem has been solved - please let any mod know if you want it re-opened in the future.