FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Oblivion Framerate Hit?

Patriot Players
I am a huge fan of Elder Scrolls Oblivion and used to play in almost religiously during the summer. My computer ran the game beautifully, I never even had to think about lag. Then other games caught my attention and I had taken a bit of a break. Now I've come back to playing, but for some reason now (on the same machine) the framerate has gotten so low as to make the game unplayable, especially during combat. Im not sure what to do, I tried defragging the hard drive in case some of the program files had become fragmented, but otherwise I cant see a reason for the framerate hit. My RAM is still good, and my graphics card didnt get any worse, so what gives?
TonkPilz
try a system tool like system mechanic . it will fix most problems in your reg, harddrive or any ting elles.
installing and uninstalling stuff will often coz a system to lose performance
arkebuzer
Patriot Players wrote:
I am a huge fan of Elder Scrolls Oblivion and used to play in almost religiously during the summer. My computer ran the game beautifully, I never even had to think about lag. Then other games caught my attention and I had taken a bit of a break. Now I've come back to playing, but for some reason now (on the same machine) the framerate has gotten so low as to make the game unplayable, especially during combat. Im not sure what to do, I tried defragging the hard drive in case some of the program files had become fragmented, but otherwise I cant see a reason for the framerate hit. My RAM is still good, and my graphics card didnt get any worse, so what gives?

Check all temperatures, maybe some fan has started to become bad and not cool enough. (check both CPU and graphics card fans)
Also if the hard drive is starting to give up it might start slowing down, but that should have shown in other ways than that too :S
You could try to just format and reinstall everything on your boot drive. That might help.