FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

how to mound another partition.

internetjobs
i am using Red Hat Linux 9.0 and windows 2000 on a same system, plese tell me how to see linux parition on windows 2000 and windows partition on linux.
biljap
You should try to search Google on this, I’m sure you’ll find some useful tools. Also check the article “Exploring Linux in Windows” at http://raviratlami1.blogspot.com/2006/07/how-to-explore-linux-partition-within.html and a discussion on the topic at http://www.linuxforums.org/forum/redhat-fedora-linux-help/25107-how-can-i-see-linux-files-windows.html.
nigam
create a directory let say /Data

so your command would be like this: mount /dev/hda or hdb /Data

that's it.
Qualla
This is the place to start solving your problem with getting window to read the linux partition and the files it contains. http://www.fs-driver.org I have it installed in WinXP and it works great.
wilan
If you want some automation of the mounting consider adding the Windows partition into your /etc/fstab file. Just make a folder name in your Linux drive, say /windows and then edit your fstab and add the following line:

/dev/<hard drive> /windows ntfs ro 1 0

<hard drive> is the device node in which your partition resides in. Mine is /dev/hdc1. If you don't know the drive, then you can use cfdisk and try the different device nodes (usually hdx where x is [a-z] or sdx if your using a SCSI/SATA drive).
defnet
Seeing win partitions on tux is done simply by mounting the drives.
New tux distros automatically mount win partitions.
The catch is: tux can only mount NTFS partions in readonly mode, there is no ability to write from tux to ntfs partitions yet.

Windows does not have buildin support for tux partitions. To win, tux partions are like gibberish.

Install win on a ntfs partition and leave your other stuff (pics, movies, etc) on a fat partitions. Tux and Win can both read&write to FAT partitions.

Mount ntfs partions under tux like this:
Code:
mount /dev/<harddrive location> /<target folder> -t ntfs -o ro

<harddrive location> = is actual location of the hdd.
The slave drive on the ide0 would prob be hda2
The master drive on ide1 would prob be hdb1
Get it? (Im not sure if it starts from 0 or 1, master would be 0 or 1 -- i think 1)

<target folder> = the folder where you wanna mount your drive.

Try
Code:
man mount
for more info... Very Happy

Check your dev folder under tux to see all devices on your rig