FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Is this copyrighted material?

reddishblue
I was wondering if simular material to what is in my signiture is legal for use on Frihost, I am planning for my entire site to be based on a gallery for these and I will note under the sig the company that owns the image/character in use, I am not making any profit at all from the designs and I know in real life it is legal to use them so long as you state the owner of the character/image and do not claim you created it, I make the backgrounds of the sigs myself and only use a rendered image with it.
I ask this because my topic in the marketplace was closed by Vrthromax so I want to be sure this is allowed.

Thank You For Your Time

Reddish Blue

Edit: I have removed my sig because it violated Frihosts 50 kb rule, here is a link to my photobucket s108.photobucket.com/albums/RedKnightBlue
the zephyrus
Your PhotoBucket returned a not found error.

But it sounds like you're trying to do fan art. Which I think is relatively safe under fair use. The iffy bits involve using the official art and modifying it. That's still allowed, providing you do some reasonable amount of work on it.

Not that I can be sure they won't sue you. I Am Not A Lawyer. But if they start suing, there's a whole list of people to get to before you, and it's a long, long list.