FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

I Am Having A Problem With The Subdomain

Cephalic_Carnage
When I try to make a hosting account, I will enter the adress of the subdomain I want. Everytime I enter one though, it never comes up as valid, and Ihave tried many multiple one too.
lukeropro
So what you're saying is that when you're requesting a hosting account your subdomain never gets accepted?
Cephalic_Carnage
Yes. The only thing I may have it wrong is if it is requesting an existing subdomain. Otherwise I am entering the adress of the site that I would like to be the name of the subdomain.
SpellcasterDX
Try coming up with a unique subdomain.
Cephalic_Carnage
I have been, nothing is working.
Animal
What subdomain is it that you want? If you let us know, we can check if it's actually being used or if there is a problem with your sign-up.
Cephalic_Carnage
http://boards.isb.frih.net
Bondings
Cephalic_Carnage wrote:
http://boards.isb.frih.net

You need to fill in "isb" in that case. You'll be able to make a boards.isb.frih.net subdomain in DirectAdmin.
Cephalic_Carnage
Alright cool, thank you. it works now, so how will I know if the application is accepted?
wumingsden
Cephalic_Carnage wrote:
Alright cool, thank you. it works now, so how will I know if the application is accepted?

You should recieve a PM
SpellcasterDX
wumingsden wrote:
Cephalic_Carnage wrote:

You should recieve a PM

And the PM subject would be "Your Hosting Details"
Cephalic_Carnage
Ok, if my request is accepted, then how will they know what kind of files I want to use for the board? Like the php discoboard?
Animal
Cephalic_Carnage wrote:
Ok, if my request is accepted, then how will they know what kind of files I want to use for the board? Like the php discoboard?

You should have described what files you're planning to put on your site in your account request site description.
Cephalic_Carnage
Uh oh! Is there anyway I can redo it!?! Man I feel like a complete idiot.
wumingsden
Cephalic_Carnage wrote:
Uh oh! Is there anyway I can redo it!?! Man I feel like a complete idiot.

the description that you gave is not really to inform the exact thing you are planning to do, its for us to know whether you want to use your site in a way that is not allowed - like as a XXX site or proxy.

As long as its not against the TOS there should be no problem. It may be useful to reply and tell us what the new site is going to be about so you can be compeltely sure that its allowed here at frihost.