FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Black Friday

Blaster
Well its coming up the day after Thanksgiving. Who all is going out in the mad rush to go and get the good deals at all the stores at 5 in the morning? I know my mom is going out to fight the crowds and get all the good deals.
TeenZine
BlackFiday YEH. Hopefuly I can set up a webcam in the Walmart again. Boy was it fun watching them fight for the ps3. Esspecialy when the joke was on them it was in shoes instead of the electronic department (yes I know that was mean) Hopefuly if I can I will ask for permission to post the images to imageshack and give you the link.
Blaster
haha that evil. If you did that you could have sold that to the news companies if you saved it. That would have been an easy way to make some doh Very Happy
TeenZine
I did it once. I dont think he will let me do it again though. I will try asking.
Archetype
Well, I guess not, since I'm Canadian and all, but I've seen some crazy videos of Black Friday. Last year, I had no idea what Black Friday was... I saw a video of people crashing the Wal-Mart doors at five in the morning, and it was insane! I mean people were getting pushed over, and trampled just to save a dollar or two. Well, maybe more than that, but I don't know a whole lot about Black Friday.

I heard some kinda rumor that Amazon will be selling the Xbox 360 core system for $100 USD, but I find that very hard to believe.

Well, happy shopping. Keep yer heads up. Laughing
Blaster
I think you are stupid to wake up that early to shop. But then again its something that girls like to do. And if they can save more money just so they can get more then they will do it. And yes it is really crazy if you ask me.
TrappedInAPsychosBody
I'm not, I just dont understand, not that I have a problem with it. That before black people were in slavery so were white people, and yet they dont teach that in schools.
But whatever.
Aless
Hmmm, so there IS one benefit of not being the US for Thanksgiving! Wink Here in the UK the mad rush tends to come straight after Halloween, so there are more Christmas shopping days in general.
gh0stface
TrappedInAPsychosBody wrote:
I'm not, I just dont understand, not that I have a problem with it. That before black people were in slavery so were white people, and yet they dont teach that in schools.
But whatever.

What are you talking about?! Slavery has nothing to do with Black Friday. Black Friday is a day when a lot of stores sell a lot of items fairly cheap in hopes of putting them in the black ink area to show that they have gained a positive amount of expense gain.

I've already looked at these "leaked" Black Friday ads and a lot of them don't really interest me. There's a few good deals here and there but nothing that blew me away. Well, at least the things I wanted.
Blaster
Well since i'm getting a computer i've been looking at parts. I found a 160 gb hard drive for 20 bucks and a gig of ram for like 85 dollars.
soulman
I didnt fully understand what is meant by Black Friday since I watched Da Vinci Code...
Blaster
That is a fiction book/movie. Fiction meaning not real.
jongoldsz
I'm not even planning on buying anything, unless its CD-Rs, since I just ran out, even though I never use them.
standready
soulman wrote:
I didnt fully understand what is meant by Black Friday since I watched Da Vinci Code...

What is "black" Friday is in the US is the Friday after Thanksgiving (unoffical start of Christmas shopping rush) and the day's sale supposedly take the retailer accounting out of the "red" ink (loss) and put them into "black" ink (profit) for the year.
TeenZine
lol the mall in my town is oppening rely early 12:01pm. The bad part is theres no good sales. And as for the video Walmart instituted a no recording for any reason (other then anti theft but even then at this store 1/2 the cammeras dont work) So I cant get you that video however I did find this nice web cam. http://www.xanga.com/yoshismadness hes playing the new Wii for a week with only 4 hours asleep + bathroom break.
gh0stface
So what items did people come away with this Black Friday?

I myself bought quite a few DVD for fairly cheap.
$2.99 for Jerry McGuire and Big Fish
$3.88 for Memoirs of a Geisha
$4.99 for Edward Scissorhands, Ong Bak, A Beautiful Mind, Fight Club

I was also able to pick up a 2 Gig Sandisk mini USB flash drive for $30. I was lucky with the flash drive as I just saw it sitting on a washing machine/dryer when I was waiting in line to pay for my stuff around 8 something this morning.
Blaster
I didnt' get anything but my mom did. Around here they had 3, 1 gbs for like 34.99 or something like that. I think my momn got me a laptop.
It has 60 gb hard drive
512 ram
Intel Celron M
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=8103535&type=product&productCategoryId=pcmcat103700050018&id=1158317794220
Serafina
I just got done with my Black Friday shopping. I got a 140 dollar wool coat for like 40 bucks. And like a whole bunch of other stuff.

There are sites online that give you like every single store that's doing Black Friday sales and for how much each thing is going for.
Blaster
www.bfads.com

Thats a site where you can find all the black friday ads. Very Happy
TurkishGamer
I wasn't in the frenzy, but I managed to get a 1 gb usb drive for $8. I got it from Staples at about 9 am. I thought it would be full but there were only a few people.
snowboardalliance
http://www.en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Buy_Nothing_Day
http://www.anti-flag.com/microsite/news/index.php?offset=1

Actually, today is Buy Nothing Day
tribe
I went shopping... I checked the net a few weeks prior to the big day to find out the best deals and made sure I got what I wanted, which I did.

Any of you know why they call it BLACK FRIDAY.

It's because on this day--- businesses are put back in the BLACK, profit column for the year, supposedly...

Regardless.. whether you like the day or not.. it puts you back in the SPIRIT!
mayur
Black friday was great for me, did loads of shopping...

i was in line outside circuit city for over 6 hours and bought a lot of cool stuff. the deals were awesome, especially on electronics such as cameras, camcorders, hard drives and memory sticks....

i bought a cam, flash drives, a hard drive, cordless phone and loads of clothing!

long live the spirit of blackk friday....
ehecatl
I swore not to do it, and I didn't, however, my ma also swore not to do it, and guess who did it? lol, I don't think I could subject myself to that kind of pain... I'd rather spend full price.
Blaster
My mom actually likes to get out there for the fun of it. Its fun for here i guess. But she can do as she pleases. If thats what she wants to do good for her and me. I then get what i want for a cheaper price so i can still get more Very Happy
Jack_Hammer
lmao, Americans are stupid...
Laughing
Blaster
Jack_Hammer wrote:
Laughing

Your just jelous that you don't have a day where everything is cheap as can be. Very Happy
Josso
Blaster wrote:
Jack_Hammer wrote:
Laughing

Your just jelous that you don't have a day where everything is cheap as can be. Very Happy

Commercial people are pretty tight b***ards in this country Laughing. I can't imagine a day where everything is cheap.
eday2010
I'll have to go cross-border shopping one day on Black Friday so I can snag some super cheap stuff. Boxing Day (the day after Christmas), is when our big sale day is sine retailers want to clear out overstock, though prices aren't as insanely good as in the U.S. Plus, maybe I'll be able to stomp on some feet of those hippe-commie-Buy Nothing Day-activist wimps!