FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Sense of humor

mschnell
It seems that people all have a different sense of humor to some degree. Is there one that's better than the others? I'd say I have a weird sense of humor; I can think anythings funny if I happen to relate it to the right thought. Maybe that makes no sense. But what about you? What do you think?
RiCtee
I guess everyone has different experiences in life that makes something feel funny, or funnier than what others would feel. I personally don't express my feelings a lot - just laugh in my mind. Anxious
Digital Thoth
I normally don't have a sense of humor conserning what others would find humerous. I find odd things funny. Like when a rich man hits the lottery, that's funny. Or, when a pedestrian kicks a passing car. Stuff like that.
Cephalic_Carnage
Yeah, everyone does have a uniques sense of humor. I have been told I have a "morbid and sick" sense of humor. I believe it just depends on your interests. Some people think that certain actors are funny, others think that he sucks, do you know what I mean?
lukeropro
I've been told I've got a lame sense of humour which means that I make lame jokes that are funny.
cathylmg
RiCtee wrote:
I guess everyone has different experiences in life that makes something feel funny, or funnier than what others would feel. I personally don't express my feelings a lot - just laugh in my mind. Anxious

For me, I can only have some sense of humour by thinking of scenes on a movie and link it real life encounter. Which works only for people who have seen the particular movie.

Cathy Liew
http://govege.blogspot.com
Panthrowzay
humor is caused by brain argumentation, your brain himispheres suddenly have a big conversation, think lighting bolts jumping, so ive been told by discovery channel 3d graphics.
I laugh at almost every thing even my own pain, its happend some one beting me up and i start laughing at them.
the only time i dont laugh is if im pondering deeply at the time.
palavra
we have a saying

"humor should be like salt in a food"
Keran
Wow i love how ppl light us up with some brainy, scientific theories, even a simple question can be anwsered and explained in a way i cant even understand...
Personally i like to laugh from everything, i am very optimistic and from my point of view everything can be funny if you view it in the right way.
Traveller
In the book Stranger in a Strange Land, Robert Heinlein puts forth an interesting idea about humour: it is all based upon something negative or wrong. Of course, it's obvious that insult humour (e.g. Don Rickles) or slapstick (e.g. The Three Stooges) are negative, but even something as simple as malapropism (e.g. Norm Crosby) fits Heinlein's explanation, since malapropism is the wrong use of words.

Although this revelation has not actually changed my sense of humour, it has given me pause to consider what Heinlein wrote, and nothing I have observed would disprove his statement.
arkebuzer
mschnell wrote:
It seems that people all have a different sense of humor to some degree. Is there one that's better than the others? I'd say I have a weird sense of humor; I can think anythings funny if I happen to relate it to the right thought. Maybe that makes no sense. But what about you? What do you think?

Personally I like ironic humor a lot. But I have met quite a few who does not understand it, and then they just think Im odd/stupid/vierd.
Not sure if thats what you was looking for, but anyways =)
Pikokola
well ...

I think i like a lame humor, or maybe, crazy humor, but I prefer japanese-style than europe / american style.. don't know whay, but that's what happened to me ^^
KernEnergie
I love every kind of humour except the really vulgar, sexual -to - say -nothing kind of.
I looove irony, dark humour and english humour.
seagullspirit
I'm not so sure as to what the point of this thread really since there's no way to rate humor because it just depends on each person in particular. A type of humar may be offensive to some, funny to others and not even close to being called humor to other types of people.

As far as my enjoyment of humor goes these days I'm more a fan of standup comedy and comedy web radios when i'm looking forward to a good laugh.
Vrythramax
seagullspirit wrote:
I'm not so sure as to what the point of this thread really since there's no way to rate humor because it just depends on each person in particular. A type of humar may be offensive to some, funny to others and not even close to being called humor to other types of people.

As far as my enjoyment of humor goes these days I'm more a fan of standup comedy and comedy web radios when i'm looking forward to a good laugh.

I'm not sure of the point of this thread either.....I'm always funny Smile
ehecatl
I tend to laugh at alot of things, but last night, I did something that didn't seem very funny to me, yet everyon started laughing and I didn't understand what they were laughing at (we were playing rummy) so I just finished my turn and asked what I missed and apparently it was somehting I did, so either I just missed it and no one wanted to tell me, or I'm just... uh... what's another word for blonde? lol... Anyway, my point is, there has to be didn't kinds of senses of humor or I'm pretty sure I would have been laughing too, but then again... it could also just be that I'm not the brightest crayola in the roseart box...
Josso
Mines a bit of a mixture, it varies depending on what friends I'm around. If I'm around James, one of my best friends we have a pretty much unique sense of humour between us. It can never be explained to anyone and from the outside looks like laughing at everything but it's pretty complex. We have a laugh though, I say I laugh a lot more than most people. It depends though... there are some less weird and eccentric ones around different friends.
funnyerror
I think a suttle sense of humor is great, but ppl like jim carey go a little too far with the wacky.

-JC
Pyro Man
I do have a sense of humour, but when people do things that are just plain and simple annoying, I get pissed off.
Insanity
I think while there are several different kinds of humor, they can be classified so people shared a similar sense of humor.
ThornsOfSorrow
I have a very immature sense of humor. Beavis & Butthead never fails to make me laugh out loud, even when I'm by myself. My friends share the same sense of humor (for the most part), so it works out nicely.
sibbahz
Some people do find very sick and odd things funny.
Like some people enjoying watching online videos of people being hit by cars.

While other people find stand up comedys funny
Vrythramax
ThornsOfSorrow wrote:
I have a very immature sense of humor. Beavis & Butthead never fails to make me laugh out loud, even when I'm by myself. My friends share the same sense of humor (for the most part), so it works out nicely.

"Birds of a feather, flock together"

hehe

(Hope all is well)
Inferno619
I have a sense of humor, I can detect jokes and sarcasm, and such. But I don't really laugh that much at them, but I atleast take the humor in. Unlike some people who flame some people just because they don't know what sarcasm is.
Vrythramax
Inferno619 wrote:
I have a sense of humor, I can detect jokes and sarcasm, and such. But I don't really laugh that much at them, but I atleast take the humor in. Unlike some people who flame some people just because they don't know what sarcasm is.

Sarcasm is a double-edged sword, for the purveyor it is funny, but for the receiver it can be seen as insulting....especially when done if front of others.
Hunterseaker
I know people who just laugh about any thing, you just have to say something and then there are rolling om from laughter....
I think that kind of humor is kind of anoying....
I think the humor for which you have to tell a realy good joke the best humor.....