FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

How many feeds do you have in your feed reader?

How many feeds are you tracking?
0-1
33%
 33%  [ 5 ]
2-10
26%
 26%  [ 4 ]
11-20
6%
 6%  [ 1 ]
21-30
6%
 6%  [ 1 ]
31-40
6%
 6%  [ 1 ]
41-50
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
51-60
13%
 13%  [ 2 ]
61-70
6%
 6%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 15

zjosie729
I track more than 60 blogs with Google Reader, and I think I'm a bit crazy. So how many do you have? And what are they?

For me, I have Lifehacker, A List Apart, and a whole bunch of other computer-related or webdesign-related blogs.

If you don't use it, you should start! I suggest Rojo or Google Reader. Smile
DoctorBeaver
Most of my feeds are news or science. 1 of my favourites is TheRudePundit. He makes some rather irreverent comments about the news and state of politics in the USA.
lukeropro
I never have any feeds, if I want to get updated about a website, I just go and visit it.
Panthrowzay
eh, its all cool, if im in a hurry its good to have them all pop up at once, i really wish that there was a REAL myspace RSS feed, but that would be a surcurity problem.
chatrack
I have 3 news site feeds in my mobile device
adri
I got nine feeds, which are all about web design or web development.

Adri
deanhills
I don't have feeds. Think the closest I get is having my Home Page as Yahoo, and that has news on it. I generally visit the Websites I like, and not every day. When I think about them only.
czarulit
0. I've never thought about using such things, but mayby it's high time to go in for it?
deanhills
czarulit wrote:
0. I've never thought about using such things, but mayby it's high time to go in for it?
Right. Maybe it is a good idea. Can someone explain how one goes about setting up feeds? Embarassed Thx.
adri
Well it's actually very simple. Just sign up for google feedburner or if you have a mac, like me, you can integrate those feeds in Mail (which is even more handy). If you use firefox, you can put the feeds in your bookmarks where it is automatically updated.

For example take the line25 website. (just an example), you can click the RSS button on the right (or click here) and you get a new page, where you can subscribe using googles feedburner. If you want to be updated through bookmarks (firefox), click the 'View feed XML' link. (also for mac users, click the link and on the right side, you can subscribe through Mail).

Adri
metalfreek
I have none in my feed reader till now and I actually don't know how to use a feed reader and reading feed is something that I have never tried.
deanhills
adri wrote:
Well it's actually very simple. Just sign up for google feedburner or if you have a mac, like me, you can integrate those feeds in Mail (which is even more handy). If you use firefox, you can put the feeds in your bookmarks where it is automatically updated.

For example take the line25 website. (just an example), you can click the RSS button on the right (or click here) and you get a new page, where you can subscribe using googles feedburner. If you want to be updated through bookmarks (firefox), click the 'View feed XML' link. (also for mac users, click the link and on the right side, you can subscribe through Mail).

Adri
Thanks Adri, I tried it, and looks as though I can do it through my Yahoo accounts too. Looks like a great idea, maybe an improvement over Bookmarking. Smile
jmlworld
Well, I could not choose the right option from the poll above because I track more than 200 active blogs on my feed reader. I was in a holiday in the recent two weeks and I when I got back I found above 1000 new feeds which made me set all as "Read".

Most of my feeds are involved in web design, graphics, usability, user experience, technology, SEO and football.
Insanity
Probably around 20 or so. I skim through a lot of them pretty quickly though, especially those that are comics or quotes that I can read in a couple of seconds. I hate it when I build up a backlog though, because then it takes days to read them all, or I just click mark as read and forget they ever appeared.
standready
I have ZERO! Too much stuff already to keep track of on my screen. I will get my updates by going to a website.
Radar
My computer went down a few months ago, for some reason, and so I spent that week not being able to check my feeds. When I came back to it, I realised that I could really live without them, and how much time it was taking up of my day, and so... just stopped. Haven't been back to them since.

I imagine I'll start reading them again one day, when I start to find that I have a lot of time on my hands.

Maybe if I ever get an iPhone.
Navigator
I track 39 feeds with Google Reader, great app I must say.
chartcentral
I have 53 at the moment. I subscribe to feeds that interest me, although I remove my subscription once the content is no longer relevant to my liking. Smile
goutha
I have few dozens of them. I use netvibes to easily read them. It is really effective... try it and let me know.
Arty
I try not to have too many, because I only read some of them... But I have more than I actually read.

Most of my feeds are about personal development.