FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Oil pulling. Is it useful?

rshanthakumar
Is there any body here who has tried oil pulling? How useful is this? or is it just a waste of time?

Do let me know. Thanks.
S3nd K3ys
rshanthakumar wrote:
Is there any body here who has tried oil pulling? How useful is this? or is it just a waste of time?

Do let me know. Thanks.

What is it? Some method of removing oils from your skin?
S3nd K3ys
rshanthakumar wrote:

Do let me know. Thanks.

What is it? Some method of removing oils from your skin?
rshanthakumar
Oil pulling is supposed to be an 'herbal' treatment. Please see http://www. oilpulling.com

I was just wondering whether this is useful and any one has tried.
em0o
wow. From reading the website, it seems too good to be true. I'll give it a go and see if I see any results.
furtasacra
This has got to be one of the silliest things I ever heard of. How on earth can you possibly cure diseases by swishing oil in your mouth?
fbcompany
Its true i saved a a family in libea from leprisey just the other day from oil pulling.
benjmd
fbcompany wrote:
Its true i saved a a family in libea from leprisey just the other day from oil pulling.

Definitely gotta watch out for that "leprisey" (leprosy) in "libea" (Libya).
benjmd
I went to the website. I read about the oil pulling. I almost laughed. Is the intention of this simply for someone to see how many people they can make believe a random fairy tale about a miracle treatment? Or is it put forth by someone who recently invested in sunflower seed and sesame seed oils?

They offer a nice report of all these wonderful improvements but there is actually no rigorous study of this nor is there any reasonable proposed mechanism for the action! Saliva contains amylase, an enzyme which breaks down carbohydrates, not fats (oils). Fats are not the sole thing that will make you salivate more. Finally, there is no absorption of the fat across the mucosa of the oropharynx. I don't see this really making your mouth much cleaner, let alone affecting any other part of your body.

They claim it cures leukemia? How, does the sunflower seed oil magically create immune cells that seek out the mutant bone marrow stem cells and target them and them alone? Knowing anything at all about medicine, health, and the human body should make one scoff at this oil pulling thing. It is clearly designed to dupe people who have not otherwise learned about human physiology by pretending to offer biological reasons which are actually quite absurd.