FRIHOST • FORUMS • SEARCH • FAQ • TOS • BLOGS • COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Hacker-proof site without php?

ChunkyBustout
Hello all,

I just wanted to know if I could compose my site with only html and not worry about someone hacking the heck out of it. I have been learning Mambo as I build my site but it's taking too long and I could easily just crank it out if I wasn't using Mambo which uses php and MySQL. I could definately use the extra features of Mambo but I just can't find enough documentation on it to be worth my time.

Also, if using only html, will I still be able to utilize the many features of CPanel to administer my site?

Any suggestions?
n0obie4life
ROFL.

Sure...people are getting more stupid these days (sorry, no offence meant).

Its nearly impossible to create an hacker proof site. Some hacker will still try and deface it or find exploits.
Bondings
You can easily create a html-only website. But you won't have a forum, guestbook or chat box. But normal webpages are certainly possible. It will just mean a lot more work if you don't use php-includes. Wink
ChunkyBustout
Thanks for the info, guys.
n0obie4life
Bondings wrote:
You can easily create a html-only website. But you won't have a forum, guestbook or chat box. But normal webpages are certainly possible. It will just mean a lot more work if you don't use php-includes. Wink

I think there is such thing as an html forum...I saw it somewhere before >.<. And its a phpBB forum.
HalfBrian
The "HTML Forum" could have just been someone that parsed .html pages like php and it was actually php based. I would say that HTML is probably the most hacker proof "language".

And yes, you can still use CPanel if you use only html
Kelcey
couldn't you make an html forum by relying on files for data?
mathiaus
yes but you have to write to those files somehow using form and thats where the php comes in. I've seen a javascript forum but it wasnt that good.
n0obie4life
HalfBrian wrote:
The "HTML Forum" could have just been someone that parsed .html pages like php and it was actually php based. I would say that HTML is probably the most hacker proof "language".

And yes, you can still use CPanel if you use only html

Dunno.

http://phpbb-amod.com

Thats where I saw it.
SagMan
Using html only will prevent you from having all sorts of scripts so your site will be static and you won't be able to have admin panels and such.
However, doing so will icrease the level of your site's security because it won't have any login panels or a platform to edit on the site itself. Still it won't be hack-proof but it is something.