FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

I need your help uploading home page

jumpbox
I can't figure out how to upload the home page could anyone help me.
SpellcasterDX
Yes. Get an FTP client. (I recommend FileZilla) and enter all the FTP info, navigate to your public_html folder, then drag the file(s) you want to upload into the queue box, and the go to Queue ----> Process Queue and your file(s) will be uploaded. Smile
ashok
You can use the file manager from your cpanel/direct admin too for uploading the pages...
Handyman
Make sure that you have your main page named index.html. This will over write the default page that is loaded with your new account and remember that the files are case sensitive. If you are using an index.php you will need to erase the index.html file in the public_html folder.
Blaster
First of all request an account by using the account page. After you get it follow the directions below.

If you created a page using html or php then you simply title it index.html or index.php or index.htm or what ever it is named up into the public_html file. You can use the uploader in Direct Admin also. This may be a lot easier then using an FTP. If you dont' know html then I would get a templete off a free templete site and have someone upload it for you (i will do it for free just pm me with what the templete is and your account username and password) and then you can mess around with that and learn html that way.

Any questions fell free to pm me Very Happy
kamoe_x
Handyman wrote:
Make sure that you have your main page named index.html. This will over write the default page that is loaded with your new account and remember that the files are case sensitive. If you are using an index.php you will need to erase the index.html file in the public_html folder.

what about index.php?
Animal
kamoe_x wrote:
what about index.php?

index.anything will work as long as you remove the existing index.html page first. If there are 2 index.* pages, it will default to the html extension.
kamoe_x
Thanks!