FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

ALi/ULi M5455 AC'97 Audio Controller

bond4154
I've been looking for the driver for my audio controller. There's only one problem, though; ALi/ULi was bought by nVIDIA, and now I can't find the driver for my device, so, thus, I have no way to play any sound on one of my computers. Could someone possibly locate a driver for the ALi/ULi M5455 AC'97 Audio Controller? Or can someone please help find a way to circumvent this problem? Thanks.
Studio Madcrow
I could be wrong but AC '97 is pretty standardized. Certainly in Linux all AC97 stuff seems to use the same driver. So just try somebody else's AC 97 drivers.
bond4154
I think it's standardized too, but without the proper drive for the make, it's pretty much useless and won't play any sound.

Just for note, I'm using a Windows XP Professional. =P
djclue917
bond4154 wrote:
I think it's standardized too, but without the proper drive for the make, it's pretty much useless and won't play any sound.

Just for note, I'm using a Windows XP Professional. =P

Have you tried search the net for drivers? I bet you can find something that would somehow "play well" with your hardware...
bond4154
I've tried. Obviously, I haven't found a perfect match. I've tried some other drivers from ULi/ALi, but they don't actually seem to work. It says that it's installed, but it doesn't actually play any sound.