FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Discussings other hostings service not allowed?

devroom
I wanted to ask some questions about paid hosting, but before i was going to write a new topic, i searched and foundthis

So i rereaded (<- is that english? Very Happy ) the rules and yes, we are not allowed to discuss paid hosting.

Can somebody explain to me why? I though frihost forums where intended to discuss everything!?
And if i should let my account removed as I have paid hosting, there is space for an other user.

Edit: Suggestion: Allow discussion other hosting services

Grtz
garionw
Actually I can't see how it is/should.

For one paid hosting should be allowed as it is in no direct competition with Frihost.

Free hosting however, should be banned as it competition from Frihost
Animal
Sorry guys, but it's against the rules:

Frihost Forum Rules wrote:
1. General Rules
i. Posts, avatars, signatures and usernames must not contain sites/links to or information about another webhost.

Therefore the staff have to uphold it.
LukeakaDanish
Animal wrote:
Sorry guys, but it's against the rules:

Frihost Forum Rules wrote:
1. General Rules
i. Posts, avatars, signatures and usernames must not contain sites/links to or information about another webhost.

Therefore the staff have to uphold it.

I dont think devroom is asking wether or not the staff should uphold it - I think he's asking WHY the rule is there in the first place.

The bottom line of the matter is nonetheless:

Frihost could potentially loose posters to other hosting companies (whether paid or not), if they allow discussion of these. Therefor this type of conversation is banned and (I expect) it will be forever.

Its not a coincidence that its rule number 1 Smile

@devroom rereaded should be reread (pronounced "ree red")
Blaster
I have to say that I think it shouldn't be that big of an issue. I mean if it is only a paid host. I could understand if they have a free host thing going also. But all and all it comes down to what bondings says. What he says goes. If you want a paid host i'm sure people will tell you on msn if you really want it. Most of us (or at least i do) have a backup plan incase something goes wrong with frihost. Very Happy
MYP415
Allowing discussion of paid webhosts may also take away frihost users because they may be impressed enough by a paid host to switch there and leave frihost.
lukeropro
Yeah and by paid webhosting I think bondings meant other paid webhosts AND make frihost a paid webhost
LukeakaDanish
lukeropro wrote:
Yeah and by paid webhosting I think bondings meant other paid webhosts AND make frihost a paid webhost

Bondings didnt say anything about paid webhosts Confused

edit: WROOOOOONG
lukeropro
Uhh, yes he did. Somewhere in the forums as a sticky or announcement.
LukeakaDanish
lukeropro wrote:
Uhh, yes he did. Somewhere in the forums as a sticky or announcement.

My bad - I thought you where referring to the quote from the forum rules.

[stands corrected]
Traveller
A moderator has already supplied the proper answer to this question, including a quote of what Bondings wrote, so this issue may now be considered resolved before it further devolves.

-closed-