FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

What Operation System Do You Use And Why

what os do you use
window 98
12%
 12%  [ 1 ]
windows xp
75%
 75%  [ 6 ]
windows 2003
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
windows 2000
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
mac
12%
 12%  [ 1 ]
linux
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 8

judelover
Do you use windows xp, 2000, 2003, 98 or mac or linux?
Are you using it for easy use, it's appearance, or suitable price?
Yazz
I use windows xp for appearance and ease of use. I'm wayyy too used to microsofty format to change to something else any time soon. Also, despite all the new hype for Macs, they still suck. Linux I'm getting introduced to, especially Ubuntu. It looks rather interesting and refreshing, but very Mac-like. Once I get it, I'll install it on my lesser system and use it as a novelty I guess.
Arseniy
I'm using Windows 98 because it's suits perfectly for me and my computer cannot support another kind of operational system:)
I very want Linux to myself. I think, Linux is great OS. It's uncrushable. Not like 98.
Loghete
I hate the poll choises. Why? Because there are 4 different Windows versions, and just one of each of Linux and Mac... Evil or Very Mad

On this computer, which I use most, I use Windows XP... just because of all games and programs that runs in Windows.. But I have got another computer, too, it's right beside this one, which runs Ubuntu. But I dont use it very much, about only when Windows is struggling.
reddishblue
Well this would be better placed in the operating system forum but anyway, I use Windows XP, I am one of the only people on Frihost who don't complain endlessly about it and wish they had Linux, I am very happy with XP and do not wish to change my OS, not to Linux not to Vista.
Oh yeah and I use XP Professional Standard Distribution with Acer.
jylan
I've been using Mac OS X for about two years now and I haven't had any major complaints about it. I got involved in Macs when a friend gave me a really old mac running OS 7 or 8.
Three or four years later we bought a used eMac. I think I would really a machine running Windows XP, although it would be usefull to run those applications that are just impossible to get the equivalent of on the mac.
Victus13
I currently use Windows XP, half beacuse I'm lazy, and half beacuse most of the games I know work on it without fuss.

If Linux had the compatability for games that Windows did, I would be all over it.

Though recently I've been looking at using Windows 2000 next time I format.
It has alot cleaner of an install from what I have seen, Im just unsure of compatability with some of the newer games/programs.

For the Standard, I use Windows XP Pro- and dont plan on changing for awhile. Smile
glabase
i use windows xp home because it came with the pc and was the most recent version when the pc was bought so i thought it would be a reliable system.

Cool Very Happy Wink
Davidgr1200
I use Ubuntu (Linux) for most things but Windows 2000 or Windows XP for games. I am not happy about going over to Windows Vista if I am going to have to buy a new version everytime I do a major upgrade to my PC.
Traveller
A. This belongs in the Operating Systems forum.

B. This topic already exists there, and has more than 400 messages.

Please search before mindlessly creating duplicate topics.

-close-