FRIHOST • FORUMS • SEARCH • FAQ • TOS • BLOGS • COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

need help with a script for vb its not to hard i think

andy26
hi people if anyone knows a vb script for an tffp project please read as here is some background info. hi i was hopeing to make a program which is half complete already iv got it so you type in your stats from a game in my case counter strike, and it saves as a .txt file to your c drive directory i just need a script that would insted save this input to my frih host website on a stats page as a html or a database sort of thing so basicly you type in the stats then press save then it uploads to my fttp: acount on frih host and loads onto the site page where the stats are shown so if anyone has any ideas for this please post a reply or pm me if you help me with this i will send you this program for free when it is complete.

i also host my own counterstrike server if your intrested visit my site whic has the details it is also this site i want the stats feature to be added to.

http://www.andysserver06.frih.net/
MrBaseball34
You can do that very easily using XMLHTTPRequest.
Format it in HTML or even text or XML and then just send it to
your website using XMLHTTPRequest.

If you need help with this, contact me at mr_delphi_developer at yahoo dot com.
ThePolemistis
andy26 wrote:
hi people if anyone knows a vb script for an tffp project please read as here is some background info. hi i was hopeing to make a program which is half complete already iv got it so you type in your stats from a game in my case counter strike, and it saves as a .txt file to your c drive directory i just need a script that would insted save this input to my frih host website on a stats page as a html or a database sort of thing so basicly you type in the stats then press save then it uploads to my fttp: acount on frih host and loads onto the site page where the stats are shown so if anyone has any ideas for this please post a reply or pm me if you help me with this i will send you this program for free when it is complete.

i also host my own counterstrike server if your intrested visit my site whic has the details it is also this site i want the stats feature to be added to.

http://www.andysserver06.frih.net/

i assume you are talking about script for VB6..
by far the easiest method (but not exactly short) would be to create a webbrowser control in vb. You also create a php file on the server. When you press stats... it goes onto the php file which uploads teh file from the directory upto the server and then u can use the webcontrol to navigate to the file on server...
Of course there are easier ways... but requires me to look at VB... this ones from the top of my head