FRIHOST • FORUMS • SEARCH • FAQ • TOS • BLOGS • COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Legend of mana

Raijenki
Ya, i know that this is an old game from PS1..
But anyone here played that?

It was one of the first game I've played when I got my PS1... (First one was Thousand Arms).
gameantics
Wasn't there a version of that game on the SNES too or a game similar to it? I think they made a port to gameboy advance as well. I could totally be thinking of something else though.
Son Goku
I don't have it, but i played it and want to beat them all. It's a great RPG in my opinion.
angelussum
I remember playing part of it - not too bad. Never got around to finishing it though, maybe I'll dig it up one day Razz
Saber
gameantics wrote:
Wasn't there a version of that game on the SNES too or a game similar to it? I think they made a port to gameboy advance as well. I could totally be thinking of something else though.

you might be thinking of, secret of mana, dawn of mana, or Seiken Densetsu 3. But over all, all great games.
DarkAkira
This game was bsolutely one of my favorite RPG's ever.
enygmasoft
Raijenki wrote:
Ya, i know that this is an old game from PS1..
But anyone here played that?

It was one of the first game I've played when I got my PS1... (First one was Thousand Arms).

That game was originally released on the Super Nintendo. It appeared to be a great game, but I never got arund to playing it. Still havent to this day.
DarkAkira
Legend of Mana was never for super nintendo.

The super nintendo game was called secret of mana and it was a prequel to legend of mana.

Legend of Mana was strictly psone.
ddukki
I started playing Secret of Mana, but I got to the point where it seemed a little monotonous. I guess I got too new school and lost my roots. I need to pick it up again and finish what I started. It's a very good game.
tiel_99
There's a new version of the game called Children of Mana.

I played it recently and it was boring!

It's very frustrating and limited in choices. But there is a new wirelss feature which allows u to battle in teams.
GoDHiM
i played secret of mana, and i finished it. I love that game, one of my favourites rpgs. I also played legend of mana, but not much...anyway, "square enix" was the king of rpg in the 90īs
Fenroy
I played it for awhile. I even found something on GameFaqs that was intriguing. It was supposedly the "perfect map". It had locations for placing artifacts and the order in which you needed to place them. However, since it was GameFaqs, the thing was in ASCII. Thus, it was difficult to know exactly which section of the map you needed to use for it. I never did get that to work entirely...But I digress.

I thought it was a pretty good game, but I wasn't really a huge fan of it. I prefer to stick to other RPGs like the Final Fantasy series, though VIII was terrible in my opinion. I started playing Chrono Cross again the other day, which is kind of sad since it's such an easy game to beat. I once beat it in a weekend.

Anyway, back to the main topic. Legend of Mana is a decent game with good graphics for the time and good gameplay. The battle system, however, isn't what I'm used to and like, so I never really got that into it.
DarkAkira
An Update to the thread.

I am successfully booting Legend of Mana on my PSP.

I am using firmware 3.40 OE-A (homebrew), along with a custom made by me graphics for the system.

The Legend of Mana that I am running was first a Disc, then ripped to an ISO, then converted and encoded to a EBOOT.PBP File, placed into appropriate folder, and booted from the Game>Memory Card Menu.

Legend of Mana on a PSP is awesome. Now I can take it everywhere.