FRIHOST • FORUMS • SEARCH • FAQ • TOS • BLOGS • COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

How much time do you use Mobile phones a day?

judelover
Well it is said cell phones are harmful to one's brain, but I chat via it for at least 2-3 hours daily. Am i addicted?
mstreet
I just moved back to Canada from the UK. When I was there I was on my phone or messaging quite alot. Now that I'm back in Canada it's really shrunk. My friends here don't really text and its cheaper for me to use my landline in most cases. I use my mobile more for emergency.
Hunterseaker
I only use my mobile phone when I realy need to call or sms someone.
I don't use my phone daily, tho I always take it with me in case I need to phone someone...
R2.DETARD
I'm poor, so I'll seldom use the mobile unless I need to call someone.
so maybe 15 mins a week.
AG007
R2.DETARD wrote:
I'm poor, so I'll seldom use the mobile unless I need to call someone.
so maybe 15 mins a week.

Yeah, me too.
I barely use my mobile phone, instead I use my laptop, for chatting and stuff like that.
otiscom
I allways carry mine, but rarely use it.
Mind you I hardly use a land line either!
ashok
Most of the time i rely upon messaging since it's very cheap, but on average it would be around an hour per day Smile
Helios
Well, being a busy person, I use it a lot to call people/recieve calls from other people, and I also use the journal a lot.

I have an old nokia 3510i. Wanted to buy a new one, but then I came to the conclusion that it'd be a waste of money.
Josso
Not a lot, they are expensive and not worth it really if your not on contract. I use it very rarely and use most of my money in texts. Sometimes I won't even touch my phone for about 2 months but then suddenly spend about £20 it depends on the situation.
{name here}
At the end of the day I don't really use may cell phone - email is for me.
TrappedInAPsychosBody
judelover wrote:
Well it is said cell phones are harmful to one's brain, but I chat via it for at least 2-3 hours daily. Am i addicted?

Deffinetly not, I talk to my friend in Florida sometimes for four hours after nine, so you're good. ((On my moms cell phone at least, XD dont have one))
Tatsumaru
I use it all the time... to check what time it is. I practically never use it to call someone... once in a while I just send a text message.

So yeah, I use my phone as a watch all the time.
Blaster
I use it for a max of ten minutes a day. Then again guys don't talk on the phone that much.
David_Pardy
maybe 10-15 minutes. I don't like long phone calls. That's assuming I don't get any business calls.

I send and recieve a fair lot of messages though.
Blaster
yea text messaging is good for you actually. Who knew? I will be honest though i text more then i actually talk on the phone. Most of my calls insist of some freinds being like yo come down and i'm like ok be done in 5 minutes.
SpellcasterDX
I just use my phone, maybe a total of 1 hr a week. I don't use it much. I ocassionally text, but I mostly just use it for emergencies and to get in touch with my parents.
meet in rio
0 minutes, or very near.

I use it if I'm lost or I need to contact someone in a hurry; never just to chat.

I use the alarm/calendar/time functions almost every day, though.
bdoneck
2-3 hours is quite a lot. I thought that I talked on the phone a lot at about 30 minutes to an hour a day, but I guess I was wrong.
bartdou
that depends on, however I try to use it less often,
but sending short messages is funny
michaelr1992
I have a family plan with my brother. We share 700 minutes a month, and use less than 100 of them! The thing I really use my cell phone for, is email. I am addicted to my email account. Its scary. 90% of them time you see me on my phone, I am checking my email becuse I dont have access to the intenet.

Of course, with texting, its a little different. I do pay for 400 texts a month, but I rarely use them. I only text with two people, and hardly ever...
fizzo
I use my Fone almost everytime, Texting, Multimedia like Playing Games when Im bored etc..
judelover
michaelr1992 wrote:
I have a family plan with my brother. We share 700 minutes a month, and use less than 100 of them! The thing I really use my cell phone for, is email. I am addicted to my email account. Its scary. 90% of them time you see me on my phone, I am checking my email becuse I dont have access to the internet.

Of course, with texting, its a little different. I do pay for 400 texts a month, but I rarely use them. I only text with two people, and hardly ever...

i took part in a plan offered free 1000mins(here we have to be charged both ways, calling and called). But most of the times exceed....
judelover
michaelr1992 wrote:
I have a family plan with my brother. We share 700 minutes a month, and use less than 100 of them! The thing I really use my cell phone for, is email. I am addicted to my email account. Its scary. 90% of them time you see me on my phone, I am checking my email becuse I dont have access to the intenet.

I can answer the phone for 1000mins monthly for free, coz we are charged bothways here, calling and called. But still i exceed. For text messages, yes, I like to send, around 2 thousand a month....
Zaini
In my line of work, I need handphone. People need to call me to report and I need to communicate to a lot of people. Thats why I used 3 phones. I don't think I can get anything done without a handphone.

And sometime it is cheaper to use handphone than normal land line phone.
amusic
i seldom use mobile phone for chatting. Perhaps less than 30 minutes per day. However, i usually use my mobile phone to listen mp3 n take photo.
seanooi
I rarely talk on my cellphone, maybe once or twice a week ranging from 15 to 30 minutes. I mostly do text messaging too.
xkobram
I dont use my mobile phone very much. I write about 100 SMS per month and phone for about 10 mins per month.
Becky
I never talk on my mobile, i only text Cool
the-geek
i use the cell phone as a alarm clock, watch, camera, mail checker on move. i really dont like to talk over the phone that much. its like i am always attached to people. i use the phone for asking my friends just to ask them "where? ok" thats it.
most of the time i keep my phone busy with programs so no one can reach me at time.
jongoldsz
I use my mobile phone for < 20 minutes a day. I really see no point in using it, unless I'm walking somewhere or going somewhere.
Psycho_X52
jongoldsz wrote:
I use my mobile phone for < 20 minutes a day. I really see no point in using it, unless I'm walking somewhere or going somewhere.

I agree. If i want to talk to my friends i use an IM or VoIP. I feel more comfortable at my PC.
frozenhead
I'm busy using my phone every night (text messaging). I do chat with my girlfriend after her work. She's quite far from our town.
palavra
20 minutes per month. i use it only when i need . i mean it is not a pleasure to talk with mobile phone for a long time.
crimson_aria
I use it most of the time. Especially when I'm at class and it's a really boring class. hehe. I rarely use it for calls though, only sometimes. And yes, it's my watch. it's the first thing I touch as soon as I wake up to see what time it is.
arkebuzer
judelover wrote:

I haven΄t seen any proof for it beeing dangerous... but if would not suprice me.
I dont think you are addicted... might have too much cash (to spend on the bill) though Razz
KoiboySG1
I mostly email. I call 1 hour a week.
I dont like to call.
jon9314
my cell phone is my land line. i use it for everything
Freelance GD
I keep my mobile in my hand almost 12-14 hours. The reason is this, I got a Girlfriend (Fortunately or Unfortunately). And I have to text her even after every minute Sad
ItsWesley
I don't really use my mobile much every day, no one loves me enough to text me >.<.
skygaia
I'm from South Korea but I'm in Canada now.
When I was in south korea, I really had used cell phone a lot. I had two cellphones at that time. One of them was only for my business.
Well I'm not sure but I think I had used my cellphone for 50~60 times a day.
But I don't need to do that in Canada. I just use it 2~3 times a day here.
eliasr
mostly all the day, i am a person as wear my phone, so people can contact me, also the other way around, i expect that people wear thiere cellphones so you can contact them,

well, but it depends on how importent it is for me to contact them, of what my actions will be, really importent, i call bomb them, even call thiere mates to find him/her, if its some chat, it just normaly on sms, when i then can wait for an answear in long time without it anoys me... specially most used in school
jongoldsz
There really isn't even a point for the family plan I have. Since its through Cingular it has rollover minutes. So, since I actually started the plan, my minutes have accumulated to amounts of 4000+. XD.
funnyerror
I do not use mobile phones, I believe that they kill braincells, amd I don't have enough money, but mostly because i dont have enough money.

-JC
dude_xyx
i use moblie maybe 10-15 minutes a day maximum but less than that most of the time. i use landphone always when im at home so its only incoming calls.
Ray Gravin
I hate talking on the phone... I do however have friends who are distant from me now. I only use it for small periods of time even with them. I can hardly justify the amount of money I spend on the access to the network I am on. Its really just a safety feature for me. You never know when it could be useful to have with you.
mariners100
I use mine about 2 hours a day and about 2-3 on weekends... I use it to keep in touch and to say hey to all my friends
shwetanshu
i use cellphone for max of 30mins a day...
windrei
i am not addicted to mobile phone. i do not know the case in other countries. How do you pay/count the moblie fee ? depends on how many minutes you talk ??? well, in Hong Kong, it's a package, i.e. for example, HK$100 for 1000 minutes per month. No matter how many minutes you talk, it charges $100. Of course, if you exceed 1000 minutes, you need to pay for extra. i am a funny person... i join package of 1200 minutes.. but i only talk for a few, below 100 minutes per month.... i have been wasting much money...
cybernie
Cellphone has been a part of my busy life. I use it everyday - on my work, personal usage, for some reminders, for entertainment and for keeping in touch with my friends and family. Before, my phone is always busy from morning until night. My fingers aches due to stress in typing SMS. I consume P300 worth of prepaid credits a day. When electronic loading was introduced, I was able to reduce my consumption to P30 a day. My mobile experience got better when unlimited texting was introduced. I was able to send unlimited number of SMS to other on the same network for two days.

Lately, I got bored using my phone. There are times that I don't load prepaid credits to my phone for two to three weeks since I am always hooked to the internet.
magilos
I consume 20 minutes per day in using my mobile phone.
coolclay
I spend no amount of time on a cell phone because I don't have one! I think cell phone are ruining our society, and I refuse to give in. Maybe if they were affordable, but they are not, they are the biggest waste of money IMHO. I use skype to call people, and it works just fine. Heck where I live I couldn't use a cell phone anyway. Most providers don't provide coverage in many parts of Maine.
raaeft1
I use my cell phone for at least one hour to two hours daily but not consecutively.
jsaxon2
I travel quite a bit and have to be on conference calls. My Cell phone is the only reason I do not get fired. I average about 5 hour a day during the week, but only about 30 minutes on the weekend.
william
I rarely use my cell phone. It's always with me, though. In a week, I only talk for <5 minutes. It's a lot easier with my home phone (a lot cheaper).

However, I do spend quite a bit of cash on using the web browser. (Never know when you need a directions or email Very Happy ).

Oh the horror of the bills. Sad
Teddy1
I use my mobile phone often. I have to text message my girlfriend alot. After every minute or so.. i have used over £50 credit in one week before just text messaging. Shows how much girls like their phones Laughing, Well what can i say without my phone i would be quite bored. It's useful for me and i always carry it with me in case i get a text message or an important phone call. I rarely call people but if i do the most i spend on the phone is 150 mins a month only because i get them free Laughing might aswell use them Very Happy. They can be expensive i know that much Laughing well i say i don't use my land line my mobile phone is my land line.
venkateshwarans
jus got a new cell a few weeks back. don't spend more than an hour on it. I see it increase more during holidays. I spend most of the time listening to radio if I were at a relative's house.
KoiboySG1
I telephone about 2 hours a week. not mutch Surprised
Jack_Hammer
I rarely use my mobile phone either, I use my landline to phone people and I can chat via Skype or IM on my computer.
icecafe
I use the phone less than one hour per day.
I think it is too waste time to use it.
hostingguy
Well i spend about 1 hour messaging or calling Wink
poshbuggers
Only when I need information or I am bored, which with my lifestyle is pretty rare.

Sub 10 minutes a day I think.
ehab
If I have credit in my cellphone, 30 minutes to 1 hour a day usually.

If I dont have credit, my girlfreind calls me, so its the same both ways Razz
Yazz
I only have 10 minutes prepaid per month, and that's more than I need. I don't keep in touch with friends over the phone, I use either msn, landlines or just real life. I only use my phone for emergencies and to tell my parents that I'll be arriving later than usual. So yeah, I think people who use cell phones like it's the only way to keep in touch are pretty lame. If you want to keep in touch, mean it. Don't do something else while you're talking to someone, that's disrespectful. And you don't have to talk to someone every day to keep in touch. People used to keep in touch and didn't hear from each other for weeks.
JC Vincent Pelletero
At least 2 hours a day but not more than 3 hours.
OutlawSpirit
i speak for tops 10 mins a day... actually usually its more like 2 - 5 mins.. i usually text ppl... but recently dont bother with my phone.. it gets borin after a bit
seanooi
the only time i'll be using my cell phone is when i'm away from my girlfriend because i only call her. I hardly ever call any of my friends unless it's important. So i'd normally be on the phone for about 2-3 hours a day, which isn't so bad cause when i was 16 i was on the phone almost 10 hours daily. Razz
catscratches
Got a mobile phone as a christmas gift. Havn't used it for a single call yet...
Commando_Sondre
Maximum 15 minutes. I mostly use it as clock. Which isn't very usefull Razz
ninjakannon
judelover wrote:
Well it is said cell phones are harmful to one's brain

Remember that this is only a theory, there is no actual conclusive evidence for it; and plenty of tests and experiments have been done.

judelover wrote:
I chat via it for at least 2-3 hours daily. Am i addicted?

That is quite a lot. What's your longest ever phone call? I know some people who have had 5 hour phone calls! Shocked

Personally, I don't usually spend very long on my phone but now I'm using it more and more every day. I'm texting quite a bit more, even though I'm not that fast yet; my longest ever phone call was about 94 minutes but I've only had two (I think it's 2) phone calls which are over an hour - both to the same person too. Razz
suicidecore
I have 2 mobile phones. I`m using one for cheap texts and one for a lot of included minutes in the monthly plan. So I speak like 30-60 minutes/day and I`m sending like 5-10 texts/day.
vdk777
I am using my phone every day maybe almost 3-5 hours a day , and it doesnt mean that i am addicted or i need to reduce my calls. It is my work to recieve calls and call others. It will depend on you how much calls you should make, if you call just to talk with some of your friends and you spend 5 hours a day , i think you should reduce.

Best wishes, Vadim...
NuniPio
well to start i have 2 mobile phones, one for day and one for night hehe im serious. well the first one is on a post-paid plan and comes with an offer which allows me to make free calls after 8pm till midnight (hence the night phone) and the other is a pre-paid service which gives me free calls to other pre-paid customers on the same network.. so basically i use the phone ALOT! i would approximate that to be atleast 5 hours a day
kevin briggs
i use my mobile for in-comming calls only.but i would text a lot and also use it to listen to the radio or mp3 player.
bluecradle
about 10 min a day here too...my girlfriend usually calls me on the telephone whenever im at home so we just text each other whenever we're at school.
sketteksalfa
I use my mobile phone in an average of 20 mins a day, I used it just for text messaging since the call feature is busted. I used to play and text a lot when i first have my phone, but now since im a very busy person i have no time for it at all.
Nutorious1
My mobile i only really use for texting, and i text on average around 300 a month, phone calls maybe afew hours a week. My sister uses a godly amount of time on hers, an average of like 30-40 texts a day!
NuniPio
hmm.. in texting i spend about $70 at 25c per msg. but then again i do use it mostly on voice calls
darrenpaul
Hmmm....when I text I cheat. I normally use FREE webtexts from vodafone Saves €50 I get the replys back on my own phone then.

I'd then spend a few hours talking on it a week
NuniPio
darrenpaul wrote:
Hmmm....when I text I cheat. I normally use FREE webtexts from vodafone Saves €50 I get the replys back on my own phone then.

I'd then spend a few hours talking on it a week

u gotta tell us about this free web text thingy
welshsteve
Depends really. Gererally I don't use it a lot, but I'm captain of a snooker team, and in the run up to the week's match, I'm usually on the phone a bit making sure my team know where we're playing etc.
otiscom
I hardly use my mobile phone (or landline for that matter).

I recieve more calls than I make, and only call someone if I absolutely need to.

I expect I use about £10 a month sometimes nothing for 2 or 3 months.
Babsta
I always carry my cellphone around and I'm always texting.. it's so much fun.. but I get tired of texting back sometimes when I'm getting floods of texts =P
Razz Razz
roninmedia
I barely use my phone. I use technology everywhere else a lot except my cell phone.
eku53ru
I've had a phone for over a year now, but unless a friend of mine calls me, I barely use it at all. The most I've ever used my phone was a little over two hours, I think - a friend had called who was away for college, and I killed my battery to maintain a conversation (it wasn't at full power anyway, heh). On normal days, the most I do is fiddle around with the applications on the phone; since the one I have is very basic, this usually amounts to less than a minute's worth of button-punching.
xptweakerntn
have a cell phone, everyone at school doesn't understand how I live without one.
ninjakannon
xptweakerntn wrote:
have a cell phone, everyone at school doesn't understand how I live without one.

I've had mine for just over a year now and people thought the same about me before I got it. To be honest life isn't actually too bad when you're 'mobileless'; I got along by occasionally using my friend's phones when I really needed to. I never made texts because I just didn't need to and as for long calls to friends, well I didn't make those either, I would see my friends in person more as a result too, I think.

As great as the mobile phone is, it's also doing bad things for many communities.
Riesjart
I use it for my job as a system administrator; I guess for 3 hours a day...
squirrelmaster
ninjakannon wrote:
xptweakerntn wrote:

I've had mine for just over a year now and people thought the same about me before I got it. To be honest life isn't actually too bad when you're 'mobileless'; I got along by occasionally using my friend's phones when I really needed to. I never made texts because I just didn't need to and as for long calls to friends, well I didn't make those either, I would see my friends in person more as a result too, I think.

As great as the mobile phone is, it's also doing bad things for many communities.

I don't have a cell phone, I just use my friends phones to call home when I need a ride. as for texting I just don't do it, but I do see my friends alot in person like you said you did. I really don't feel I need a cellphone, because most of the time I make the calls, or I get calls at my house. I don't believe cellphones are bad, infact I really like it when I can get ahold of someone that is 'mobile'; it saves alot of time, but I just don't think I need one, im either at home or with a friend with a cellphone, and if I am alone somewhere i think it would be better if I were undisturbed anyway Wink

As for how long I use them, it would be maybe 10 minutes a week, max.
Captain Fertile
I hardly ever use my mobile to make calls.

£10 credit can last me 6 months or more.

I think it is important to have a mobile so I can b reached but I rarely have the need to use it. When I do use credit it is usually on text messages ratherthan calls.
java_nel
I cant almost live w/o my mobile phone. I use it as an alarm clock in the morning. Its A music player on my way to school. Sending an SMS is also my hobby. I also use its camera often. My phone is almost all-in-one gadget for now. It's one of the things I can't live without in this world.. Very Happy
Andrew426
I hardly ever use my phone for calls, usually about 2 minutes or so a month.
I do however use it for texting alot. On the plan Im on, I can send 2000 texts to phones on the same network each month (todays the 31st and Iv sent 1503 messages). I have 2 other phones, my old one - which i use if i go over my limit of 2000 texts per month (I dont carry this one with me), and my other one which I just carry incase someone needs to call me, and also because its better than the other two - the ones I use for texting are basically entry level phones, while my other one is mid-level (price and feature-wise).
cybernie
My mobilephone usage has changed a lot.

Before, I used to use my phone almost 24 hours a day chatting with friends via SMS or playing built-in mobile phone game or downloading stuffs like ringing tones, games, picture msgs and MMS. That was a lifestyle creating holes on my pockets.

I don't know what happened. Just at the middle of last year, I began using my phone only on important matters. I don't even reply unimportant messages sent to me. I seldom top-up my mobile phone.
Could be that I got tired on exploring my phone's capabilities and features.
blueman
not much addicted to mobiles phones, i talk or use it when necessary.
sibbahz
I sometimes make long calls. but i get 200 minutes a month and 500 texts on my contract o2 phone and hour long off peak calls for 30pence on my Vodafone mobile.

Usually i will send around 5 to 10 texts a day and receive a similar number using my contract phone.
mialynavahy
maybe just 10 minutes a week Smile
i always use my home phone or i phone at work
jon9314
i have a family plan with my brother. We share 700 minutes a month, and use less than 100 of them! The thing I really use my cell phone for, is email. I am addicted to my email account. Its scary. 90% of them time you see me on my phone, I am checking my email becuse I dont have access to the intenet.