FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Map system for a mall

Is there a need for an online map in a mall?
YES
71%
 71%  [ 5 ]
NO
28%
 28%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 7

vinx_18
Maps guide people to a certain place and inform them about a certain location especially people who doesn't know the place , new to the place or want to know any information about the place.

THe question now is...is there a need for an online map in a certain mall? Could this benefit the establishment and customers? In what way?

For me, it is very helpful if I want something in a mall especially when Im in a hurry. The online map would best help me know what establishment sell my certain needs or wants before going to the mall.
FaLLeN
I don't really see the need, i mean all it's gonna take is a little more walking to find what you want, and atleast it gives you something to do, and mabye you'll find something awsome along the way.

But here is where you might need it:
Little timmy just drank some poison 'stuff' and is now on the ground frothing and rolling, so you rush to the mall to gett he super secret antidote that only 1 shop in the whole world sells, and it just so happens to be in your local mall.

So you rush around looking for the shop and when you get back, poor little timmy is lying there dead. So i guess in that situation(and im sure it occurs often Laughing )a map of the mall showing you exactly where the super secret antidote was being sold, would have been quite useful.
coolclay
I think mall maps are great. Personally I hate malls and stores in general. I have on many occasions gotten "lost" in a mall when searching for a particular store, sometimes ending up on the whole opposite end of the building Rolling Eyes So I would find them particularly helpful, and beneficial.
Keran
Yea malls could use some good map system, cuz everytime i go to a big one i always get lost. Even if i have a map i still get lost and need to ask for directions... I guess online map would be the same cuz i would forgot where everything is before i even get to the mall...
But still i'm up for the online maps ;]
RiCtee
I never used an online mall map before, but I routinely use the online street maps (www.whereis.com.au). I guess it's just an added extra to spice up the website. Makes it more attractive. Very Happy
gtherockgod
FaLLeN wrote:
Little timmy just drank some poison 'stuff' and is now on the ground frothing and rolling, so you rush to the mall to gett he super secret antidote that only 1 shop in the whole world sells, and it just so happens to be in your local mall.

So you rush around looking for the shop and when you get back, poor little timmy is lying there dead. So i guess in that situation(and im sure it occurs often Laughing )a map of the mall showing you exactly where the super secret antidote was being sold, would have been quite useful.

Don't laugh, it could happen to you! Laughing
FaLLeN
gtherockgod wrote:
FaLLeN wrote:

Don't laugh, it could happen to you! Laughing

OMG!! your right.

We are all vulnerable! Very Happy Very Happy
vinx_18
Keran wrote:
Yea malls could use some good map system, cuz everytime i go to a big one i always get lost. Even if i have a map i still get lost and need to ask for directions... I guess online map would be the same cuz i would forgot where everything is before i even get to the mall...

you can print the map and bring it to the mall...Smile
lukeropro
vinx_18 wrote:
Keran wrote:

you can print the map and bring it to the mall...Smile

The mall management might as well install a big map on every single level.
vinx_18
ok... that's great. So there will be an online map as well as a local interactive map inside a mall.
frozenhead
I think there is no need for "online" maps for malls.