FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

What is the best chess software?

heridlia

I'm a beginner.

Thanks.
legion
i use Chessmaster 10th Edition to play chess ... it has a lot of tutorials for begginers and an excellent academy ... i think you'll like it
enygmasoft
heridlia wrote:

I'm a beginner.

Thanks.

Chess master series has always had a good place. It as plenty of turials, which is good.
adrian08
Chessmasters
Good 4 noobs like me Very Happy
ashok
but take into view your system configuration too.. some chess engines take up almost 100% cpu for running their chess algorithms making the chess game fast, but the other processes of system will be dead slooow without the cpu...
Zeidon
Theres nothing better than Chessmaster, its the only chess game you need.
legion
ashok wrote:
but take into view your system configuration too.. some chess engines take up almost 100% cpu for running their chess algorithms making the chess game fast, but the other processes of system will be dead slooow without the cpu...

yeah ... but i think on Chessmaster you can modify the cpu maximum usage or something like that
ashok
legion wrote:

yeah ... but i think on Chessmaster you can modify the cpu maximum usage or something like that

yeah it provides options to select in between novice/medium/advanced play modes which also determine how much cpu it's going to use... but modifying the cpu usage.. i haven't found any such option... anybody?
Afaceinthematrix
Well, they had a chess game for the old Nintendo and I have a Nintendo emulator on my computer so I just got the rom for that. Has anyone ever played Loser's Chess? It's a pretty fun version of chess.
pokethamage
i agree with the rest on chessmaster being the best of them all...never bought 10th edition tho...I only have the 9th aka 9000 and i never found a cpu usage setting in it...but i dont need it since my pc is ownage...i love my power pc

PS: if i can get the 10th edition for $20 right now, would it be worth it?
legion
pokethamage wrote:
PS: if i can get the 10th edition for $20 right now, would it be worth it?

yes ... the game was improved by changing the graphics and other stuff ...
Jasta30
I use Deep Fritz GM Deluxe, it plays up to 2700 rating and can be set to play average level and also help you learn the game. I enjoy it alot although I leave in on average settings so I have a chance!