FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

FAQ reform

ocalhoun
How about a few (small) changes to the FAQ's...

*For one thing, a change in the actual questions might be good; some of the questions I am sure are never asked, while some of them could be better.

For example: the question 'Do I have to put a link to frihost on my website?' could be reworded to include 'or any other ads at all', which might help with users asking (in general chat, of course) weather or not they are really forced to have ads on their sites. (perhaps also a link to a frihost site with absolutely no ads as proof?) Also, some of the questions are a little unlikely to be asked, such as 'May I double post?'. That one could be combined with the two above it and called 'What are the rules here?' or some such thing. (Under the assumption that if there are less links to look through the people are more likely to find the correct link.)

*Also, a sticky (or even an announcement) on each of several forums (General Chat, Suggestions, Introductions, Frihost Support, Web hosting Support) with a title like: 'FAQ's' or 'Frequently Asked Questions' or 'The answer to your question is here'.

Alternatively the links at the top including 'home', 'forums', et cetera could be made far more prominent. (If only by increasing the size) This would also be good for the other important links there...